Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions. My husband and I are having a year of anniversary trips. We are planning our WDW trip in May. I want to surprise him one night at dinner with a 'Happy anniversary' cake. I'm assuming Nightmare Before Christmas characters are on the list of characters you can get on a cake? We had some Jack & Sally champagne flutes at our wedding and I thought it would be a nice touch to have them on a cake. Also, is there any flexibility at all as to the type of cake you can get? We had red velvet cake at our wedding and I'd love to have some made if at all possible.

mlill said:
Hi! We just got back from a week in WDW for Halloween! I called California Grill about two weeks before our trip and ordered a custom cake to have after our dinner on Oct. 29th. I got the 8" vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse and white chocolate icing. It was $25 (minus the 20% off with the Disney Dining Experience card) and was added onto our bill at dinner. I told them to decorate it for Halloween, and here is what it looked like...

halloweencake.jpg

I was very happy with the way it turned out! The kids loved it and the cake was delicious!

-Michelle

Love this one!!!!!!!!!!

We're back from my birthday trip. The cake was fabulous! They delivered it to our room at the BC, exactly at the pre-arranged time. The 10" was huge! We ate on it all week and ended up throwing some of it out. FYI, it was too big for the fridges in the room.

Anyway, it was yellow cake with strawberry custard filling. It had a layer of chocolate buttercream on top and ganache on top of that. It was delicious.

Here are pics (cross your fingers, it works)
100_3425.jpg

100_3531.jpg

This is a great forum. I have just sat here and read every page. I think I am getting more confused on who to call. We have 2 reservations for our upcoming trip in December. Lunch with the princesses at Epcot & Dinner at the Castle on my daughter's actual Birthday. Unfortunatley Lunch & Breakfast at Castle was booked the ENTIRE week! :sad2: We are NOT staying inside Disney. We have a house 10 minutes away. Where can I get a special cake for her? We do have a rental car. The problem is figuring out where I want to have her cake. She LOVES Ariel! Please any help is much appreciated. :)

For Norway: 407-560-5179

CRT: 407-824-7091

If those numbers give you any problem call 407-wdw-dine-a Cm may be able to give you other numbers. They offered me #'s when I made my ADR's this week without me even asking in most cases . Did you mention when you made your adr's that you are celebrating your daughters birthday?

Also, check back and make sure that they don't have any cancellations if you would prefer breakfast or lunch.

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

I had ordered DD's b-day cake at O'Hana and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. It did not look anything like what they told me over the phone. I was told it would have white frosting with pastel colored Mickey sprinkles. I had seen a picture of the O'Hana cake posted in this thread and loved it. The cake came out with just pink frosting flowers on it and no Mickey on it anywhere. It was good but just not what I had been told we would get. The worst part was that they sat it on the table, sang really fast, and took off with the cake before I knew what had happened. I never even got a picture of the cake :sad2:

Can someone let me know if the vanilla frosting is buttercream, or if I can req. whipped cream instead? :confused3

OK. I called WCC last week to order my Mom and Dad's 45 anniversary cake for 11/17. Do I need to call back and confirm it or are they pretty good about coming thru with the goods!
Thanks,
Michele

I called the number for Marrakesh to order a birthday cake - they said they don't do cakes. Have any of you celebrated a birthday there - if so what did you order for a dessert???

I really wanted to celebrate that night since it is DSIL's actual birthday that day and our first day at Disney - thought it would be a great way to start our vacation!

I had thought of maybe having it at the hotel when we arrive - unfortunately by the time we check in we will probably be heading over to Epcot within an hour or so and didn't want to chance us missing the cake being delivered. Is it possible to have it waiting in her room?? Any ideas would be appreciated.

logabbmom said:
I had thought of maybe having it at the hotel when we arrive - unfortunately by the time we check in we will probably be heading over to Epcot within an hour or so and didn't want to chance us missing the cake being delivered. Is it possible to have it waiting in her room?? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am not sure I would take the chance of having a cake delivered before you check in, personally. I've experienced too many pre-check in errors (this last time at BC, water we'd had delivered was put in the wrong room originally and at the Poly, we arrived at our room after check in to find it set up for a bday celebration ... for someone else. LOL) I'd pre-schedule for delivery after you checked in so they make sure they get the right room number and have it delivered while you are at Epcot.

scraptoons said:
Was it really yummy?

What flavor/s are on the inside?

How much?

How much time was it from ordering to delivery?
Sorry it took so long to get back with you.
It was REALLY yummy. I don't know if you have ever had a flourless chocolate cake, but it reminded me of that. The cake its self is so thick and moist. Most cakes are kinda light. This cake is very thick and rich. I reminds me of a Hostess cupcake only wayyy better.
It was chocolate cake with a whipped chocolate filling inside. The icing is the ganache(sp?).
If I remember correctly it was $40. Kinda pricey but so worth it. There were six of us and we ate on it for 4 days! :teeth:
I called and ordered directly from boardwalk bakery since that was where we were staying. I called about 2 weeks ahead of time, but I stopped by the bakery to double check on my order early the day before. No problems at all. It was in our room at the prearranged time with candles and ballons! :thumbsup2

MAGICX2 said:
Sorry it took so long to get back with you.
It was REALLY yummy. I don't know if you have ever had a flourless chocolate cake, but it reminded me of that. The cake its self is so thick and moist. Most cakes are kinda light. This cake is very thick and rich. I reminds me of a Hostess cupcake only wayyy better.
It was chocolate cake with a whipped chocolate filling inside. The icing is the ganache(sp?).
If I remember correctly it was $40. Kinda pricey but so worth it. There were six of us and we ate on it for 4 days! :teeth:

Oh yum yum.

Reminds me of a cake my SIL picked up for my parents 50th.

It was a whole lot like eating a HUGE thick rich brownie.

Thankyou so much for your description.

jenjersnap said:
We're back from my birthday trip. The cake was fabulous! They delivered it to our room at the BC, exactly at the pre-arranged time. The 10" was huge! We ate on it all week and ended up throwing some of it out. FYI, it was too big for the fridges in the room.

Anyway, it was yellow cake with strawberry custard filling. It had a layer of chocolate buttercream on top and ganache on top of that. It was delicious.

Here are pics (cross your fingers, it works)
100_3425.jpg

100_3531.jpg
That looks sooooo good! I want that for my DD's bday in Jan. Where did you order it from? Could we have it delivered to Crystal Palace? Did they offer to let you have a character on it instead of fruit? Thanks.

I ordered our cake from 1900 Park Fare. First left a message and within a few hours received a returned call. I asked, if I should call and make sure that the cake was ordered , she said, "NO." When we arrived at the podium, I asked, if my cake was on my reservation, she said, "Yes". Well, we were finished with dinner and our waiter never brought the cake out. I got his attention and he could not find the cake. We waited about 30 minutes and the cake came out as ordered and it was delicious! It was the white chocolate with the Cinderella topper in white chocolate. There was a white chocolate rose on it... then a separate plate with a white chocolate slipper with white chocolate mousse w/ rasberries and dark chocolate flower or something, my DGd ate it so fast we could not see what it was. She was so cute, She inhaled the white Chocolate Cinderella and the dark choclate flower. The cake was 8" and was huge. We took the left overs back to the room and then home. We all decided that this was one of the best cakes that we have ever eaten....Great thread!!

MAGICX2 said:
That looks sooooo good! I want that for my DD's bday in Jan. Where did you order it from? Could we have it delivered to Crystal Palace? Did they offer to let you have a character on it instead of fruit? Thanks.

I ordered it through BC's private dining, but I am pretty positive it came from the Boardwalk Bakery. Disney seems to be standardizing their menus to a certain extent so I bet, as long as you order the same size cake (we couldn't get the strawberry custard filling in a smaller size), you'd be able to get this type of cake anywhere. Try the MK cake phone number - I think it's 407 wdw-cake. They deliver to all the restaurants at MK and they were super nice when I was investigating my options.

We finally have ordered a cake to have at 1900 Park Fare for our upcoming ADR. We settled on yellow cake with dark chocolate mouuse filling and buttercream icing with white chocolate flowers on top. On the side we'll have 3 characters made out of white chocolate -- 2 tinkerbells and 1 cinderella. Can't wait !!!! Think there will be 3 princesses very happy as this will be a birthday they will never forget. princess: princess: princess:

This might be helpful to anyone planning on ordering a cake at check-in at Chef Mickeys. We went to dinner last Sunday (5th) for my son's 10th birthday at Chef Mickeys. We had been told by 2 different CMs (at WDW Dining) that we could simply ask for a cake at check in at Chef Mickeys - it would be a standard Happy Birthday cake and we could pay for it on our bill that evening. Well, initially I planned to order a cake in advance but in the end I decided the standard one would be fine. However, when we checked in at Chef Mickeys I was told it was not possible to have a cake. I asked if they were out of them and the CM said "no, we just don't do that, it needs to be ordered more than 72 hours in advance".

I was initially disappointed but honestly we had a wonderful time and Mickey himself was there with DS when the server presented him with his cupcake!!! :woohoo: Better still, the next day in MK DS asked if he could wear his birthday badge again as we hadn't got to MK the previous day as we had planned so I said sure. Well, we had a lunch reservation at The Plaza and when we got to our table, they had decorated the table for DS with sparkly Mickey heads and streamers and best of all, our wonderful server Gerald, surprised him with a delicious cake!!! We hadn't even mentioned his birthday at all, they just took it upon themselves to surprise DS (presumably upon seeing the birthday badge when we checked in)!!!! :goodvibes Here is a photo of our ***FREE*** (lol) and absolutely delicious cake:
DSCF1564-1.jpg

We will be staying at CSR next December and I wanted to order a custom cake and have it delivered to our room for our Anniversary. Does CSR offer custom cakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter