• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official August 2022 Thread***

Getting snowed in this weekend. Rather be in Disney!!

we are doing both lol. we were supposed to leave sat morning but i moved it to sunday morning when i saw the snow but apparently that wasnt good enough because it got cancelled still and now we are rebooked for late sunday night. throws our whole reservstions and plans off a day. womp womp. Cant complain too much since were still going to disney but annoying nonetheless.

I splurged on deluxe for August with the hope that there will be deluxe evening hours at MK on our Wednesday. Now the four month wait to find out if my gamble was correct. sigh.

I splurged on deluxe for August with the hope that there will be deluxe evening hours at MK on our Wednesday. Now the four month wait to find out if my gamble was correct. sigh.

I'm curious to see how extended hours look like for our trip too! I am looking forward to Epcot hours also, will be nice with Food and Wine happening so I can eat all the things and still have evening extra time for rides :D

Hi! Jumping on the August train. It will be my DH's first extended WDW trip ever, and my third for 2022 alone haha. We're new to DVC (closed resale AKV, December 2021), and we are currently trying to decide between two late-August reservations I have booked: BCV-studio and AKV-Jambo-value 1BR. I am leaning towards BC because I know it's so hard to get without walking a reservation, and I may never get the chance to stay there again, but it could be nice to have some extra space. Still TBD! I am very much looking forward to lower crowds, but after the massive crowds on my January trip I'm not sure we'll get back to the seasonal normals for at least another year or so. Great to be here!!

We seem to always straddle months! Can't wait for one of our favorite split stay combinations.
8/28 - 8/31 BLT
8/31- 9/6

Hope I can join you all! We will be staying at Old Key West from Aug 16-23. We've been a few times in August so we know what we're getting into with the heat. ;)

We are joining the August travelers. We will be at Wyndham Bonnet Creek from 8/25-8/28 and then at BCV from 8/28-9/4. Most of our trips have been in the summer but this will be our first trip with Genie+. We like riding our favorite attractions multiple times so I am not sure if we will like not having FP+.
Booked Poly Villas from 8/25 -9/3. Rescheduled for DD turning 21 and DD sweet 16 in 2020. Now I am 50, so celebrating all 3. Starting with a few days in Universal before 8/25.
We are also starting at Universal from 8/22-8/25. Maybe we will run into each other.

Changed my Boulder Ridge ressie to a split stay.

August 21 - 24 @ the Polynesian
August 24 - 28 @ Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Jambo

When are people booking park reservations? We bought our tickets yesterday, but I'm not sure yet which parks we want to do which days (we don't have hoppers - we are planning pool/shopping days and hitting the parks later afternoon). I'm thinking mid/late Aug probably won't reach reservation capacity so I'm going to wait a bit until I have a more solid plan I think. I'm also wondering if the Halloween party will come back and change my plans.

When are people booking park reservations? We bought our tickets yesterday, but I'm not sure yet which parks we want to do which days (we don't have hoppers - we are planning pool/shopping days and hitting the parks later afternoon). I'm thinking mid/late Aug probably won't reach reservation capacity so I'm going to wait a bit until I have a more solid plan I think. I'm also wondering if the Halloween party will come back and change my plans.

I probably won't book parks for a few months. I haven't even bought my tickets yet. I'm not worried about it filling up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter