*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

:dancer: :cool1::banana::woohoo:

Single digit dance! To our departure anyway. We won’t do a park on the first day. We have an evening flight so we’ll arrive around bed time. Fortunately for us, we are less than 2 hours away by plane. We also have a non-stop flight. Still I’m a little nervous. It’s been 3 years since we have flown and 6 years since we had an evening flight. Another great thing though is we live just 30-40 minutes from our airport. I know that isn’t the case for a lot of people. I hope it isn’t raining when we go because we’re using economy parking; but we’ll manage. Just getting to the point where you think about all of those little things.

Still mostly everything on the to do list left to do; but by the end of Saturday I should have most of it checked off the list. That’s the day I do the rest of the shopping and the laundry. Taking care of those things will allow me to finish packing. So far I have just thrown a few things into my carry-on bag. But packing is a pretty quick process when I have a list, especially when I do it right after the laundry. Most of the stuff we are taking will be in the wash and go from the laundry basket to the suitcase. I did buy ds a few new Disney themed shirts for the trip; but they are in a pile on the top shelf of my closet. He detests putting his laundry away so it probably won’t be an issue keeping him out of my bedroom while I’m packing.

My biggest challenge is keeping my head together for the 8 working days I have left. I am hoping that remains my biggest challenge. Safe travels to everyone heading out or on their way.

I don't think we're going to get through Avatar. It's not holding our attention. There's about 2 hours left (including commercials). I'm going to try to get through a little more. If we can't do it, at least we get the gist of what the movie is about. I can't tell any of the blue people apart so it's hard keeping track of what's going on, lol.

11 days for us. I have a few piles of stuff set aside, but I think I will spend this weekend doing laundry and packing everything. Most of DD's clothes were custom made so she won't be wearing them before we go, and most of my clothes are newly-bought, athletic type clothes (moisture wicking, i.e.) that I don't regularly wear, so I can have us 99% packed this weekend.

11 days for us. I have a few piles of stuff set aside, but I think I will spend this weekend doing laundry and packing everything. Most of DD's clothes were custom made so she won't be wearing them before we go, and most of my clothes are newly-bought, athletic type clothes (moisture wicking, i.e.) that I don't regularly wear, so I can have us 99% packed this weekend.
Your super organized. We leave Tuesday early morning, I am not planning to pack until Monday.

Our plan takes off at 530am Tuesday morning. That's crazy early but was a good price for airfare. Anyway, I'm hoping to get everything packed by Sunday. I have to work Monday and then it will be a super early wake up Tuesday. I probably won't even be able to sleep. Im getting nervous that that I will forget something or not have everything just perfect. I think I just need to relax. Lol

Our plan takes off at 530am Tuesday morning. That's crazy early but was a good price for airfare. Anyway, I'm hoping to get everything packed by Sunday. I have to work Monday and then it will be a super early wake up Tuesday. I probably won't even be able to sleep. Im getting nervous that that I will forget something or not have everything just perfect. I think I just need to relax. Lol
I agree relax. I was reading from a marathon runner that the sleep you get 2 nights before matter more than the night before. I am just hoping that's true.

I agree relax. I was reading from a marathon runner that the sleep you get 2 nights before matter more than the night before. I am just hoping that's true.

I'm right there with you! We drive 4 hours to Buffalo Airport (way better prices than Toronto) on Sunday and then fly out 5:00am Monday - yikes:eek:!!! But we arrive in Orlando MCO at 7:30am. That's more Disney time :banana:
Trying to get lots of sleep and hydration leading up to Sunday.

Anyone there now who can tell me if there is the % off shopping at Disney Springs if you buy a quick service meal? Last August we bought a meal at Casey's (I know there were a few other places that participated in this deal too) and the back of the receipt was for 10% or 20% off shopping at Disney Springs (can't remember exactly the %). Wondering if this is offered again this August. TIA

I'm right there with you! We drive 4 hours to Buffalo Airport (way better prices than Toronto) on Sunday and then fly out 5:00am Monday - yikes:eek:!!! But we arrive in Orlando MCO at 7:30am. That's more Disney time :banana:
Trying to get lots of sleep and hydration leading up to Sunday.

That sounds exciting, and you get to a New York to the list of the states you visited this trip.

We leave in just 4 days! I feel just like that 'I'm too excited to sleep' Disney commercial lol!

27aab5feec5e5f36a9d864a60d9d57fe.jpg

2 weeks from today is Disney Eve! Got our cooling towels from Amazon, picked up some new socks that are suppose to keep your feet dry (we'll see) started a little pack pile by the suitcases. Got a few busy days coming up which will help pass the time. Keeping up with laundry from now until the trip is my goal and to get the kids school stuff somewhat organized so there isn't much to do when we get back.

One week to go!

My Magic Bands finally shipped. It was sort of my fault. I hadn't finished customizing and didn't realize it. The system was waiting for me. Oh, well. They are scheduled to arrive early next week so we should get them just in time. :scared:

I decided to upgrade our plane tickets a little. We're flying Delta and DH was in one row and I was in the seat behind. Upgraded to the exit row so that we could sit together. Wasn't even that much money to do it. He's flying home early by himself for work and had a seat way in the back of the plane. I decided to surprise him by upgrading his seat to the front row of the "Delta Comfort" section. He's not terribly excited about making another trip to Florida in August (it's the only time DS can go) and it's hard for him to take time off in summer so this is a little thank you gift for him.

Leaving in 12 days and I am starting to get nervous. My oldest is not coming on the trip with us, so leaving him home alone for 12 days is nerve wracking. He is 21 and I do have good neighbors to help keep an eye on things here.

I want to pack so badly, I already packed all our toiletries and not clothing that we'll need but obviously can't pack clothes yet as we are wearing them.

Still have to do back to school shopping and have my son finish his summer reading. I told him he can't go to Disney if he doesn't finish his book :rolleyes1

I was going to try and go bagless but I think I am going to have to carry a cross body bag. DH wears glasses as does DS and I know he is going to be back and forth with his regular glasses and sunglasses.

Let's all hope for good weather!!!

I can't even fathom how people go bagless. I don't bring a ton of stuff with me but I NEED to have: reading glasses/sunglasses, sunscreen, phone, charger, bandaids, aspirin, chapstick, poncho, umbrella, water bottle, credit card/money, camera. And because this trip is in August, add cooling towels and misting fan. There is just no way on earth I can go *anywhere* without those things, lol.

Just stopping by quick to say hello and say we are back from our awesome trip! Crowds were crazy and weather was hot, but if you plan and know what you are doing you will be fine! It was amazing how many times I heard while we were walking that they didn't know anything about fast passes or where anything was in the park. I know most of us here are major planners, but I don't' know how you can go an plan a trip as expensive as this one can be and have no idea about what you are doing! My DH who just goes a long with what I plan said the same thing. I will come back when I have a little more time to tell more about what we experienced (both the good and the bad!)

We arrive the same day, hoping for not a lot of rain!!!

I know! As I mentioned earlier, because I've done so much rain prep, it's sure to be nothing but sunshine!

I can't even fathom how people go bagless. I don't bring a ton of stuff with me but I NEED to have: reading glasses/sunglasses, sunscreen, phone, charger, bandaids, aspirin, chapstick, poncho, umbrella, water bottle, credit card/money, camera. And because this trip is in August, add cooling towels and misting fan. There is just no way on earth I can go *anywhere* without those things, lol.

I agree. I was trying to determine if I could go bagless, but there's no way. I'm considering a fanny pack, but I'm not so sure...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter