*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

I would like to join as well. DW and I are heading down to CBR Aug 12-19 for an early anniversary trip and my birthday. Cant wait!
Celebrations at Disney are the best.pixiedust:

Thanks for the welcome! The last week of August is our favorite week to go to WDW, although its been years since we have been able to visit during that time! I was excited to get free dining even though the mods only get the counter service plan. We are going to upgrade to the regular dining plan because we like to eat at sit downs everyday.
We are trying to think of a good family costume for MNSSHP. Have any of you that are attending the party decided on a costume yet?

We wil be there, party on the 29th. Dressing up as Hercules, Meg, Zeus, Muse.

I posted in the fairy godmailer forum but haven't gotten any responses. Is there anyone going in the beginning of August that might be able to sent a disney postcard to my foster daughters to announce the trip? They have never been to Disney or really on any vacations so they won't understand some of the more subtle reveals.
We will be in Florida on August 10th, and could get one in the mail that evening if that is early enough for you.

I finally got around to booking a resort for our first 2 days since our FP day is tomorrow :D Aug. 5-7 we're trying out CBR for the first time. I know it's not ideal right now with the construction but I did want to try somewhere new to us, and being that we'll then be moving to WL CL I think we'll be fine. I have to admit I'm kind of interested to see what a resort under such a HUGE refurb looks like. The reports haven't been as bad as I thought they'd be, although someone I know who was recently there for 3 weeks did say "it's a mess". Guess I'll find out what that means!

We decided to go ahead with the split stay!

Going down from JFK on the 23rd, staying at AS Movies for one night, and then off to the Poly 4 hours after checkout from there. We didn't extend our park tickets, so we're going to walk around DS and have lunch there. My kids love DS, my wife not so much, but it gives us time for a nice walk and then the Poly pool after.

I'm not sure if this moves my FP+ date up a day; it'll be the 24th instead of the 25th if it does.

Just happy it's settled!

We decided to go ahead with the split stay!

Going down from JFK on the 23rd, staying at AS Movies for one night, and then off to the Poly 4 hours after checkout from there. We didn't extend our park tickets, so we're going to walk around DS and have lunch there. My kids love DS, my wife not so much, but it gives us time for a nice walk and then the Poly pool after.

I'm not sure if this moves my FP+ date up a day; it'll be the 24th instead of the 25th if it does.

Just happy it's settled!
I think it does move you FP day up by one.

We will be in Florida on August 10th, and could get one in the mail that evening if that is early enough for you.
I will be in FL on August 15 - can send a postcard from the airport if that is early enough for you!!
Thanks for the responses! Someone PMed me that theyre going within the first week of August and can do it so I'll go that route. It'll give me a little more lead time to go over what to expect....like the plane.....not sure how that part will go, crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the responses! Someone PMed me that theyre going within the first week of August and can do it so I'll go that route. It'll give me a little more lead time to go over what to expect....like the plane.....not sure how that part will go, crossing my fingers.
Awesome, glad it worked out for you. The DIS always comes through!

Joining in the fun. We're going August 16-25. Me and DH, my Mom and Sister, B-I-L, Niece and Nephew. Can't wait! Spending two night at Royal Pacific to do Universal. Arrival day we've rented a cabana for Mom and the kids while the boys go to Universal on their own. The next day we'll do WWOHP as a group. Then we move to POR for three nights. DH and I will have some alone time - spending a day by the pool and then doing dinner at Cali Grill at 7:30. The next day he and I will do brunch at Raglan Road and dinner at Morimoto and head back to see YeeHa Bob that night. Sunday is our anniversary and we plan to spend the day eating and drinking around the World. I have an 8:55pm reservation at Le Cellier to cap off the night. After that DH goes home for work :( and the rest of us move into a villa at the Beach Club. Our first time at this resort and I think we're going to love it. We'll have four days of park time with long pool breaks midday. I've got PPO breakfasts at H&V (Fantasia package), BOG, Akershus, and Tusker House (need to keep an eye on this one in case they continue to open AK early for the rest of the summer!). We've got dinners booked at Sci Fi and Chefs de France and I'm taking my mom to Skipper Canteen - just the two of us. We've got the Bon Voyage breakfast booked for our departure day.

This trip came together so well. It would be hard to be more pleased. Just a few days left until we book FPs! :banana:

Joining in the fun. We're going August 16-25. Me and DH, my Mom and Sister, B-I-L, Niece and Nephew. Can't wait! Spending two night at Royal Pacific to do Universal. Arrival day we've rented a cabana for Mom and the kids while the boys go to Universal on their own. The next day we'll do WWOHP as a group. Then we move to POR for three nights. DH and I will have some alone time - spending a day by the pool and then doing dinner at Cali Grill at 7:30. The next day he and I will do brunch at Raglan Road and dinner at Morimoto and head back to see YeeHa Bob that night. Sunday is our anniversary and we plan to spend the day eating and drinking around the World. I have an 8:55pm reservation at Le Cellier to cap off the night. After that DH goes home for work :( and the rest of us move into a villa at the Beach Club. Our first time at this resort and I think we're going to love it. We'll have four days of park time with long pool breaks midday. I've got PPO breakfasts at H&V (Fantasia package), BOG, Akershus, and Tusker House (need to keep an eye on this one in case they continue to open AK early for the rest of the summer!). We've got dinners booked at Sci Fi and Chefs de France and I'm taking my mom to Skipper Canteen - just the two of us. We've got the Bon Voyage breakfast booked for our departure day.

This trip came together so well. It would be hard to be more pleased. Just a few days left until we book FPs! :banana:
Looks like a great trip planned!

OMG---I am so far behind in this thread. I just read through like 7 or 8 pages this morning. Life gets too busy for adequate DIS time :rolleyes:

I too am super excited to choose fastpasses next weekend. Our trip arrival is Aug 16, is June 17 FP day or is it the 16th or 18th? I get so confused over the EXACT date we can sign in for things like that on Disney.

Looking forward to hearing experiences from all ya'll who are picking this weekend/week. Especially how it relates to Pandora. I have planned to do FOP on day 2 and NRJ on day 5 but I may have to switch those around....

OMG---I am so far behind in this thread. I just read through like 7 or 8 pages this morning. Life gets too busy for adequate DIS time :rolleyes:

I too am super excited to choose fastpasses next weekend. Our trip arrival is Aug 16, is June 17 FP day or is it the 16th or 18th? I get so confused over the EXACT date we can sign in for things like that on Disney.

Looking forward to hearing experiences from all ya'll who are picking this weekend/week. Especially how it relates to Pandora. I have planned to do FOP on day 2 and NRJ on day 5 but I may have to switch those around....
pixiedust:June 17th!pixiedust:

My FP day as well.

pixiedust:June 17th!pixiedust:

My FP day as well.

At 68 days!! Our FP+ & online check in is June 17th as well!!

Well, we are just three peas in a pod!! All arriving on Aug 16 :sunny: Thanks for the confirmation of June 17 FP date.

Have you both solidified your FP plans? I am hoping to put the final desired time slots on my plan this week. AK will be my two days where I will have alternate choices jic :teacher:

Well I was very lazy in making the first part of our august trip resort reservation-which means I actually did our FP on day 59 this week-took me all day too, as I thought I had a couple more days to plan LOL! Had park maps, around me, and toggling back and forth between Touring Plans and MDE to see FP+ times. Now for the good news for those still waiting to book FP-lots of availability for Pandora rides. I did start with towards back end of trip (CSR 8/6-8/9, then SSR 8/9-8/14)-started with 8/11 for our AK day, then 8/12 for 2nd AK day. Lots of times to choose from. Even FEA had lots of times (although I was given an emphatic "no" when I asked if anyone had interest in riding:P). I even moved times around for FoP a few times (with hours between attempts). I am now debating whether to keep the PPO TH reservation as I don't think we will need it to do Pandora, but I expect park hours to change anyway so that can be dropped later.
Mission Space isn't available to book for early August (yet) even though refurb is planned to be done by end of July. We have a PPO Garden Grill reservation for Epcot day-we will hit Soarin first thing, do test track and work our way around. I didn't even bother to get FP for Epcot (this park really needs more rides), instead letting us hop to DHS for a few hours (my DS can ride star tours all day).

Good luck to all getting ready to get your FP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter