*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

So jealous!:P Last year we went home the day of the first party and this year we are leaving on the 21st. I guess I should just be happy I'm going to Disney since we actually were not planning on it this year (Mediterranean cruise) ... but we are doing both:-) Fingers crossed that we get to the party next year. Hope you all have fun!!!
Thanks! The party sealed the deal for us to switch from July to August. Your cruise sounds amazing! And yes, there's always next year for the party, because there will be a next year at Disney! :)

We have gone mid to late August 11 years in a row (teachers - our summer holidays). It is hot and crazy humid, but the crowds have been very manageable. We are big rope drop people (so we can break from parks around 2-5 when it gets busy and hot). We get a lot done early, keep hydrated, take air conditioned breaks / meals, and use our FP+. We are going back for our 12th August trip in a row, so we think it's great! We've been at Christmas before and that was way too busy - we are quite happy with August. Like any trip to Disney, a little planning and preparation goes a long way. Have fun and happy planning!
Great advice. Thank you

I see a couple of you are going to the 8/25 MNSSHP :thumbsup2 Anyone going with us on the 29th? Or maybe it'll just be my family :rotfl2:
This will be our 5th Halloween party, my favorite hard ticket WDW event!!!

We have gone mid to late August 11 years in a row (teachers - our summer holidays). It is hot and crazy humid, but the crowds have been very manageable. We are big rope drop people (so we can break from parks around 2-5 when it gets busy and hot). We get a lot done early, keep hydrated, take air conditioned breaks / meals, and use our FP+. We are going back for our 12th August trip in a row, so we think it's great! We've been at Christmas before and that was way too busy - we are quite happy with August. Like any trip to Disney, a little planning and preparation goes a long way. Have fun and happy planning!

Same here! Teacher too! August/early September is the only time we can go. And have been since 2000 with only 2 years where we did not. :rotfl2:If you know what to expect it's quite okay.

We will be there August 19-26- POR
Looking forward to it!

we are also POR 19-25th! Do you order from Garden Grocer? I am looking for someone to go in on an order since there's a $45 minimum and it's just me and DD this trip (and this way we get to split the delivery fee and tip with someone too). If you are interested, let me know.

I have Ohana reservation August 28th for 4 at 7:05pm that I'm going to cancel. I'm willing to coordinate if anyone wants it.
Edit: taken

Last edited:
The pressure is ON!!! Planning is indeed half the fun though, so get to having some fun :)
I LOVE planning and I'm actually really enjoying the challenge in planning a "last minute" trip! So far, my plans are coming together nicely!

So, we are going in August. I know it'll be hot..but does it rain everyday for HOURS at a time? A pop up thunderstorm is fine, but I was looking at historical weather and our week last year was thunderstorms/rain all day everyday...typical??

So, we are going in August. I know it'll be hot..but does it rain everyday for HOURS at a time? A pop up thunderstorm is fine, but I was looking at historical weather and our week last year was thunderstorms/rain all day everyday...typical??

We went the August before last and it only rained in the afternoons. Usually only for 10-30 minutes at a time. One afternoon a storm rolled in and it rained the rest of the day and night but cleared out by morning. The mornings were almost always sunny and warm.

We went the August before last and it only rained in the afternoons. Usually only for 10-30 minutes at a time. One afternoon a storm rolled in and it rained the rest of the day and night but cleared out by morning. The mornings were almost always sunny and warm.

Shooo, okay..that eases my mind a bit!

Late in posting this, was not on my computer much this weekend but.....

We are in double digits, woohoo!! 96 days until our first trip back to WDW in 5 years, so excited. Keeping it a secret from my boys until the day before we leave, and it was so hard not to shout out that we are in double digits. lol :banana::banana::jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter