"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

I’m sure this info is available somewhere, but I’ve searched and can’t find it… I’m headed out the week after Tgiving, and I have tix to the party for 3 nights. Long story involving family members not wanting to travel together and a swap from Jollywood to MVMCP. One is solo, and others are with various family members. I’m undecided now on the solo party, 2x would have been great, but 3x? Anyways… Do I need to decide ahead of time and cancel by phone, or will the ticket automatically turn into a ticket/event credit if unused? Right now, the date is one of the few not sold out (making attending more appealing…) so there’s no existential guilt happening yet. Thanks!

I am sure this has been asked and answered, but my search has come up blank.

On December 23rd, does Disney have all of the Christmas Party entertainment going during normal park hours (castle show, anything else)? I know the parade and fireworks are showing, but wonder if other things will too. I know the special characters will not be out.

We arrived around 5pm for Friday's party and the line to get in was super short. Maybe 4 families in front of us at the tapstiles.
That was my experience as well. Shorter, moving line, vs standing around in ~3:30-4:00 sun & heat (potentially).

Pretty sure they still serve Cheryl’s cookies I bet they would have the info on their website

I also have a niece with a peanut allergy so was looking for some info and found this from last year. Looks like some different bagged allergy cookies and the normal cookies don't include nuts but aren't made in a dedicated facility. Not sure if that has changed from last year but I think it'd be pretty consistent.

@yorkieteacher - For some reason the double quote didn't work so tagging you in case this is helpful.

Last edited:

Maybe this has been asked...sorry if that is the case. Are there any alternative options for finding tickets for a sold out night?

Maybe this has been asked...sorry if that is the case. Are there any alternative options for finding tickets for a sold out night?
No. You can ask at Guest Services the day of the party but I can't remember the last time there were additional tickets available for a sold out Christmas party. Tickets are also non-transferrable.

It occasionally happens for MNSSHP when a hurricane is brewing and people cancel but happens far less frequently for Christmas parties.

Just an FYI since we are currently here and attending MVMCP tonight— you cannot buy individual lightning lanes for the timeframe between entry (4pm to 6 pm) if you ONLY have a party ticket.

The app doesn’t recognize that you have a park reservation valid for purchasing.
Thank you for sharing! Hope you have a great party night!

Just an FYI since we are currently here and attending MVMCP tonight— you cannot buy individual lightning lanes for the timeframe between entry (4pm to 6 pm) if you ONLY have a party ticket.

The app doesn’t recognize that you have a park reservation valid for purchasing.
I'm surprised by that. We attended the first party and had the opposite experience! Have any of the ride times advanced to/past 4pm yet? I found that we were ineligible with our party ticket until the 4pm LLs became available.

I'm surprised by that. We attended the first party and had the opposite experience! Have any of the ride times advanced to/past 4pm yet? I found that we were ineligible with our party ticket until the 4pm LLs became available.
Yes, 7DMT was 4:15 pm and it wouldn’t allow us.

Pictures (names redacted)
Interesting! Our group of 5, four with APs, MK reservations for the day, and party tickets; the fifth with only a party ticket, was able to reserve Tron and 7 Dwarfs for 4-5pm.

Either they've changed the rules since 11/9, or it depends on at least one person in the party having another type of MK ticket?

Interesting! Our group of 5, four with APs, MK reservations for the day, and party tickets; the fifth with only a party ticket, was able to reserve Tron and 7 Dwarfs for 4-5pm.

Either they've changed the rules since 11/9, or it depends on at least one person in the party having another type of MK ticket?
Must be because we have no other tickets. We used our other ticket for Hollywood Studios yesterday.

I’m sure this info is available somewhere, but I’ve searched and can’t find it… I’m headed out the week after Tgiving, and I have tix to the party for 3 nights. Long story involving family members not wanting to travel together and a swap from Jollywood to MVMCP. One is solo, and others are with various family members. I’m undecided now on the solo party, 2x would have been great, but 3x? Anyways… Do I need to decide ahead of time and cancel by phone, or will the ticket automatically turn into a ticket/event credit if unused? Right now, the date is one of the few not sold out (making attending more appealing…) so there’s no existential guilt happening yet. Thanks!
I had a single day ticket for dh a few years ago and forgot to move the date to future when he changed his mind. When I checked MDE it was missing. I called and they could find it and move it to a new date for me.

Does the Laugh Floor have a holiday overlay this year? I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere (which leads me to believe it’s a no…)

I had a single day ticket for dh a few years ago and forgot to move the date to future when he changed his mind. When I checked MDE it was missing. I called and they could find it and move it to a new date for me.
Thank you!! I’d prefer to play this Tuesday by ear. I’ll likely have time to cancel/apply funds to an AH ticket that day, but we’ll see:). Happy TG!

When a party date is sold out (Nov 28th) has anyone had any luck in finding available tickets same day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter