Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

I was there yesterday too. Actually, during the pouring rain houses had very short lines. I did Chucky with no line at all.
Then they closed some houses (Dr o., LOU, DD, I though monsters was closed too, but I read here it wasn't?) as the rain slowed down and wait times became ugly. I left the park, having done every house that was open, at 7:30 and a lot of people were coming in.

Agree. I’m glad I got in line for stay and scream NY at 3:30pm. I was able to get into ST4 with minimal rain before I got to the covered area, did Dragons and Exorcist done before 6:15. Then I was near Minion Cafe and hungry, so I got a table before it really got bad and everyone eventually had the same idea. I only managed to do Chucky after that, and they greatly underestimated the wait time. Posted 45, waited 85…oh well. Tonight should be better, but different because we will be using resort entrance since the rest of my group won’t arrive until 5ish. Good luck to all those attending.

Hopefully it will be lighter this evening. Thursdays have been light in the past, but all bets are off, because nothing has been as it has in the past.

I will be there tonight.
Universal reported sold out HHN tonight.

We were there last night. I still feel soggy. It was rough, but we managed to get through Chuckie, Yeti and Dragon before calling it quits. The bars appeared to be doing very well. Hats of to the unflappable TMs, many even maintaining good cheer and humor.

For those that have done stay and scream Springfield for Last of Us. What time should we get in line? We got in line for New York today around 3:20 and that worked well, but those houses open much earlier.

Bump. Please help: when to line up for Springfield stay and scream specifically for Last of Us? This is for tonight Saturday 9/23.

Planning out our trip for Saturday for my son's birthday. Question my wife and I have is where do the houses let out? Is there a map of those?

Planning out our trip for Saturday for my son's birthday. Question my wife and I have is where do the houses let out? Is there a map of those?
The map shows the houses exits as well as entrances, but sorry I don't have it at hand.

The houses in New York all let out in the same area near the Fallon building, just do them in any order, no need to strategize.
Chucky lets out near its entrance by Fast and Furious.

The issue is with the houses at the back of the park. The best order is:
- Dr Odfellow: entrance is near the show arena, exit is near Men in Black.
- then do Darkest Deal: entrance and exit are there
- then Last of Us, entrance is adjacent to the exit of Darkest Deal and Odfellow, but the exit is all the way to ET, where Universal Monsters are
- finally Monsters, the entrance and exit are near ET

ETA: this minimises walking not wait times. It makes sense with Express, standby I'd look into a strategy to knock Last of Us with less wait, it has the second worst lines.

Last edited:
Stay and Scream is VERY busy today, much more than any previous night I've been. The line to enter the NY area winded around the transformer building and over to the minion cafe.
The lines for the house are longer as well.

Stay and Scream is VERY busy today, much more than any previous night I've been. The line to enter the NY area winded around the transformer building and over to the minion cafe.
The lines for the house are longer as well.
And hot. Full sun, I’m glad I had my umbrella. I was near the back of holding pin 1 for ST4. I exited that house at 5:30, just in time to chase down the end of the Exorcist line…

Friday was the best weather night for HHN that recalled in years. It was in the mid 70’s with a breeze. It was a awesome last night for us.

Dueling Dragons was 45 minute wait regular line. I walked in with EP.

Stranger Things was 110 minute regular line it was 15 minutes with EP.

IMG_8010.jpeg

Blood Moon Dark Offerings 45 minute regular line I walked right in with EP.
IMG_8012.jpeg

With the Rush of Fear pass expired and after visiting for 8 nights, here are my final impressions.

Best House for me: Stranger Things.
If you're a fan of the serie this is a home run. If you're not, then probably this will look confusing and not scary at all. It's very personal on this one, I think.

Best Scares: Universal Monsters
If you appreciate this house really depends on how you time the scares, because the scenes are not as good as in other houses. But there are at least 4 really noteworthy scares

Best atmosphere: Blood Moon
This is the opposite of Universal Monsters. The scares aren't the best, but the setting is superb.
Spoiler: I love that you look at the whole village when you are in the square where the kids play and then you get to explore each house, each owned by someone with a different profession with some many details. Also, the chorus answering the invocations of the ritual master is really ominous. Paired with the red lightning from the moon, this is the most chilling house (even if not the scariest)

Best makeup: The Exorcist
The kid is the protagonist and appears in most scenes and all scareactors look like the same person! Kudos to the makeup team

Best Scareactor: everyone
Really, they're all great, giving their 100%. An applause to all of you. But if I really need to chose, then the young Eleven in the Rainbow room fight scene have always been really great (incidentally, that is also my favorite scene overall)

Best Set Piece: Dueling Dragons
Spoiler: The scene with the two dragons breathing fire and ice outside the castle is amazing. Unfortunately the rest of the house is really really weak. Probably the worst this year.

Best Variety: Doc Odfellow
Clowns, circus performers, strange animals and creatures, flying knives and the ominous doc himself. It's never boring. And it has the funniest scene of all: (spoiler), the headless man walking toward you

Best Entrance: the Yeti
Probably the masks are too big to conceal under the hoods like in other houses, so when the cast changes they're all visible in their costumes and they get the biggest ovation from the crowd waiting. (spoiler) The bear always gets the most applauses :)

"what where they thinking" award: The Exorcist
An IP house for a movie not released yet? weird, really weird. The house isn't bad, but really some scenes would greatly benefit by better understanding what's going on

My sister just texted me that she saw the multi-night tickets were sold out for the remainder of HHN. I had a look on the website.

IMG_2379.jpeg

There are still plenty of single night tickets available on the website.

Express Pass for HHN still has nights available.

IMG_2380.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

All of us old timer HHN folks had a feeling this was going to be a banner year for HHN according to what we were seeing early on with sold out RIP Tours and UMH Tours and Resorts being sold out.

If you are going don‘t lose heart you can still get single night tickets and there are some Express nights still available.

Public RIP Tours have slim pickings, but for anyone who wanted to do the Unmasking the Horror Tour there are openings this weekend and plenty open dates in October.

Guess I better buy my tickets and decide if I want express ASAP!
I just booked my trip for 10/31-11/4 two days ago. Been really really wanting to go but it took a while to convince myself to spend the money.
Will probably do HHN 11/2.

I'm surprised and concerned by the prices for Halloween. I wonder if it will be busier than 11/1 or 11/2 even despite the Premier AP ticket being good those Nov nights.

I’m glad I got my RoF trip in last weekend. With the huge bump in prices (40% more than RoF cost last year), I’m thinking we might be priced out next year if these trends hold. With cheap flights, cheap hotels, RoF and no express, I’ve been able to take my older kids on some really great trips without breaking the bank. But as much as I love HHN, there’s a limit to what I can justify spending on a weekend trip. I really hope UO has something reasonably affordable next year.

The fact that they’re sold out of all the multinight passes does not bode well for next year’s prices. Have they ever completely sold out like this before? This early? It’s still September!

Last edited:
My sister just texted me that she saw the multi-night tickets were sold out for the remainder of HHN. I had a look on the website.

View attachment 797553

There are still plenty of single night tickets available on the website.

Express Pass for HHN still has nights available.

View attachment 797554

View attachment 797555

All of us old timer HHN folks had a feeling this was going to be a banner year for HHN according to what we were seeing early on with sold out RIP Tours and UMH Tours and Resorts being sold out.

If you are going don‘t lose heart you can still get single night tickets and there are some Express nights still available.

Public RIP Tours have slim pickings, but for anyone who wanted to do the Unmasking the Horror Tour there are openings this weekend and plenty open dates in October.
Express is still sold in the parks even when it’s sold out online. Probably for more money, but still available.

Express is still sold in the parks even when it’s sold out online. Probably for more money, but still available.
They have put a limit and some feel not enough on the sale of Express passes on any given night for HHN.

I was there for a number of days just recently and I was there last year and over heard people trying to buy Express for the night in the park and they were told they were sold out.

I would not bet on that happening.

All bets are off for this year. Things have really blown up as far as tickets, Multi-night passes and Tours and Express Pass sales.

I would not want to give someone hope if they hold out and try to buy Express the night of their visit to HHN. They might be lucky and they might not.

Like others who bought Multi-night Passes with Express this year when you bought your multi-night pass like ROF with Express they wanted to know when you were going to start your first day of your pass use.

This was an attempt I‘am guessing to track the estimated amount of Express passes sold or used on any given night within reason.

The Express is far more popular when the event is busier. This year has been the busiest HHN I have ever seen in all the years I have attended.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if the crowds stay high all the way to the end…..
It appears that could be a good possibility considering that the Multi-night tickets have sold out.

I’m glad I got my RoF trip in last weekend. With the huge bump in prices (40% more than RoF cost last year), I’m thinking we might be priced out next year if these trends hold. With cheap flights, cheap hotels, RoF and no express, I’ve been able to take my older kids on some really great trips without breaking the bank. But as much as I love HHN, there’s a limit to what I can justify spending on a weekend trip. I really hope UO has something reasonably affordable next year.

The fact that they’re sold out of all the multinight passes does not bode well for next year’s prices. Have they ever completely sold out like this before? This early? It’s still September!
I was glad to get my trip in with the ROF with Express.

The pricing this year has really gone up in all the multi-night tickets, regular tickets, Tours and Express.

Fluctuating tour prices were really high this year.

I hope folks are not priced out next year. That would be a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter