Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

Do you also need an admission ticket to Universal plus HHN ticket thanks ?
only if you want to enter the park before the official start of HHN.

i have never not been inside in a holding zone pre HHN Or used the resort guest line which is reported to be much shorter.

Always have an AP so no issue for us. However, the stay & scream tix pricing in the past seems quite reasonable.

Booked RIP tour for opening Saturday. First time doing it. It wasn't that bad price wise, was about 300 a head with taxes after our annual pass discount when the express pass was going for 150 already. And a meal with Horror Night treats we normally buy is included. So the pricing seems pretty good to do a RIP tour?

This is the year I finally get to return to HHN! Taking DD15. She's been wanting to go for a few years now. Planning on mid September. Have a lot of research to do. Thanks to all here who post such great info on this event!

If anyone has gone in Mid September recently, would you say Express is needed?
Question is not specific enough. What days of the week / how many days? Saturdays will be busy, Sundays will be somewhat busy. People's tolerance for waiting in lines is very variable, as are budgets. Do you use single rider lines? Do you plan to get there in the morning and/or stay til closing? If you hit a storm, it'll be wet but even lower crowds.

Personally I would not buy EP for mid-Sept. Then, my budget is pretty low and we're adults who use single rider lines, visit for several days at a time, and have no problem getting there early and staying late, and using the App to reduce waiting in lines. To be fair, I also wouldn't go in Sept if I had any other choice, since the heat / humidity would make me miserable.

Question is not specific enough. What days of the week / how many days? Saturdays will be busy, Sundays will be somewhat busy. People's tolerance for waiting in lines is very variable, as are budgets. Do you use single rider lines? Do you plan to get there in the morning and/or stay til closing? If you hit a storm, it'll be wet but even lower crowds.

Personally I would not buy EP for mid-Sept. Then, my budget is pretty low and we're adults who use single rider lines, visit for several days at a time, and have no problem getting there early and staying late, and using the App to reduce waiting in lines. To be fair, I also wouldn't go in Sept if I had any other choice, since the heat / humidity would make me miserable.

It would be a Friday night. Not looking to do rides just houses. No single rider on the house lines. We could do express budget wise, but would rather spend that money on something else if we can avoid express.

Really wanting to know if it’s possible to do all the houses without express.

You could probably get it done with using stay and scream and staying until late. Should be able to get a couple of houses out of the way when it opens before the crowds build. Probably have to skip the 2 shows.

I have gone on very busy Columbus day weekends, 2021, 2022. 2021: got 8 houses done, staying just past 1:00 AM, 2022: got 9 houses done, staying until 1:30 AM. Both nights did stay/scream, getting into the holding areas around 4 PM each year.. I chose a better holding area in 2021. toward the back of the park.. I skipped the shows both times, and didn't have too much time for much food/drinks. Did eat, but lines for food were also long. We did end up doing a couple rides in 2022, because my son needed a break from all the long lines.. 2022: lines were awful about 1 hour into the night. I decided then that I'd budget for express if we go back in 2023. I know it's not exactly apples to apples, since it was a holiday week, and it's a LOT of money to add for express, money I want to save, but I'm working it into the budget if we go this year. Yes, I do think if you do dedicate yourself to only houses, do stay/scream, and can stay until 2 AM, you can do all houses. I could've gotten in all 10 last year if I'd stayed until closing. But my feet and knees had had enough.

Last edited:
You could probably get it done with using stay and scream and staying until late. Should be able to get a couple of houses out of the way when it opens before the crowds build. Probably have to skip the 2 shows.

I have gone on very busy Columbus day weekends, 2021, 2022. 2021: got 8 houses done, staying just past 1:00 AM, 2022: got 9 houses done, staying until 1:30 AM. Both nights did stay/scream, getting into the holding areas around 4 PM each year.. I chose a better holding area in 2021. toward the back of the park.. I skipped the shows both times, and didn't have too much time for much food/drinks. Did eat, but lines for food were also long. We did end up doing a couple rides in 2022, because my son needed a break from all the long lines.. 2022: lines were awful about 1 hour into the night. I decided then that I'd budget for express if we go back in 2023. I know it's not exactly apples to apples, since it was a holiday week, and it's a LOT of money to add for express, money I want to save, but I'm working it into the budget if we go this year. Yes, I do think if you do dedicate yourself to only houses, do stay/scream, and can stay until 2 AM, you can do all houses. I could've gotten in all 10 last year if I'd stayed until closing. But my feet and knees had had enough.

Thank you! I am not a big show person, and only saw the Bill and Ted's once in the 6 or 7 HHN's I've attended in years past.

I'm debating whether we will have the stamina to go house to house and wait in all the lines until close. It's nice to know it can be done. Really will need to think about what else we could do if we didn't get Express and then evaluate.

Has anyone done an unmasking the horror tour? Suggest 3 or 6 houses
We did a 3 hours in 2021 and 6 house in 2022. Both times the 3 and 6 house tours covered different houses. I generally prefer the 6 bc obv you get to see behind the scenes of more houses, but ultimately it depends on which tour has the specific houses I'm most interested in (which we don't know beforehand). This year I'm gambling on the 6 house, since it's more likely to cover the houses I'm most interested in.

The 6 house day was LONG bc we did an early tour, stayed in Uni and rode rides (mostly WWoHP), then did a RIP tour. If I were local, I'd prob do the 6 house tour one day and nothing else, the 3 another day and maybe HHN that day, and RIP on separate days.

We did a 3 hours in 2021 and 6 house in 2022. Both times the 3 and 6 house tours covered different houses. I generally prefer the 6 bc obv you get to see behind the scenes of more houses, but ultimately it depends on which tour has the specific houses I'm most interested in (which we don't know beforehand). This year I'm gambling on the 6 house, since it's more likely to cover the houses I'm most interested in.

The 6 house day was LONG bc we did an early tour, stayed in Uni and rode rides (mostly WWoHP), then did a RIP tour. If I were local, I'd prob do the 6 house tour one day and nothing else, the 3 another day and maybe HHN that day, and RIP on separate days.
We have rip tour on September 3 so we were thinking doing unmasking on the 2

Has anyone done an unmasking the horror tour? Suggest 3 or 6 houses

I have done the UMH Tour past few years. I really enjoy the tour and yes the 3 and 6 house tours are different houses.

You do get a break for lunch for the 6 house tour. It is a long day, but so worth it.

As far as needing an EP for HHN middle of September. Here are my thoughts. I have attended HHN for a few years now. Things have changed. A few years ago I Would have told you no, you don’t need EP. Things have changed.

1. HHN is far busier than ever.

2. You can wait until the day you attend to see if you need EP.

3. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are busy. Locals with the extended passes without EP do attend a lot.

4. If you only have one night. Think about treating yourself and your daughter to a RIP Tour. You will be in a Tour with a a guide that will take you to the front door of the houses. They usually cap these groups to 12 total.

There is food and sodas included with the Tour at Cafe La Bamba before the Tour and for breaks during the Tour.

You also get a nice tour lanyard and you can use your RIP lanyard card as front of the line access on all the rides that are open at Universal during HHN.

5. Many of us including myself come for a extended vacations during September and October during HHN and this makes things busier.

6. No matter what you do…..do not do a full park day then HHN in the evening that same day. This would be an exhausting day. There is a lot of walking at HHN to get to the houses on the back lot.

7. If you do a full 6 house UMH Tour during the day save your legs and do your HHN night on another night if possible. There is a lot of walking with the UMH Tours.

8. Wear comfortable shoes that you have already broken in. Be good to your feet and legs you will be doing a lot of walking.

9. Stay onsite at one of the Resorts and relax and enjoy some pool time during the day before your HHN evening so you will be ready for a night of fun at HHN.

10. Stay and Scream is an option if you choose. This allows you to stay in the park in a holding area when the park closes to regular guests before HHN starts in the evening. You will be released to go to houses before the gate opens to other guest wanting at gate to get in.

You need to choose the holding area closest to the houses you want to see first. There have been some complaints in the past that some of the holding areas have been slow to release folks.

What ever you choose have a wonderful time at HHN.

I have done the UMH Tour past few years. I really enjoy the tour and yes the 3 and 6 house tours are different houses.

You do get a break for lunch for the 6 house tour. It is a long day, but so worth it.

As far as needing an EP for HHN middle of September. Here are my thoughts. I have attended HHN for a few years now. Things have changed. A few years ago I Would have told you no, you don’t need EP. Things have changed.

1. HHN is far busier than ever.

2. You can wait until the day you attend to see if you need EP.

3. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are busy. Locals with the extended passes without EP do attend a lot.

4. If you only have one night. Think about treating yourself and your daughter to a RIP Tour. You will be in a Tour with a a guide that will take you to the front door of the houses. They usually cap these groups to 12 total.

There is food and sodas included with the Tour at Cafe La Bamba before the Tour and for breaks during the Tour.

You also get a nice tour lanyard and you can use your RIP lanyard card as front of the line access on all the rides that are open at Universal during HHN.

5. Many of us including myself come for a extended vacations during September and October during HHN and this makes things busier.

6. No matter what you do…..do not do a full park day then HHN in the evening that same day. This would be an exhausting day. There is a lot of walking at HHN to get to the houses on the back lot.

7. If you do a full 6 house UMH Tour during the day save your legs and do your HHN night on another night if possible. There is a lot of walking with the UMH Tours.

8. Wear comfortable shoes that you have already broken in. Be good to your feet and legs you will be doing a lot of walking.

9. Stay onsite at one of the Resorts and relax and enjoy some pool time during the day before your HHN evening so you will be ready for a night of fun at HHN.

10. Stay and Scream is an option if you choose. This allows you to stay in the park in a holding area when the park closes to regular guests before HHN starts in the evening. You will be released to go to houses before the gate opens to other guest wanting at gate to get in.

You need to choose the holding area closest to the houses you want to see first. There have been some complaints in the past that some of the holding areas have been slow to release folks.

What ever you choose have a wonderful time at HHN.

Thanks for all the suggestions/information!

The price for a RIP tour is a little more than I want to pay. I think EP is a great middle ground for how I like to tour anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter