Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

We are hoping to attend our first ever HHN and are at Portofino Bay over opening weekend. I booked the public RIP tour for Saturday 3rd September but I see it is now being offered on the Sunday as well at a cheaper price than the Saturday. I have no experience of HHN at all but would assume the Saturday would be busier than the Sunday and therefore if we were to end up getting tickets that allowed us to go Saturday and Sunday we would probably have a better time doing our second visit on the Sunday

I see we have no idea about BOGOF tickets yet, do frequent fear tickets allow access over one weekend and are they much more expensive than one night tickets? Just trying to work out how likely it is that we would be able to go twice that weekend or whether just to go for the Sunday night tour and save some money
Sunday will probably be less busy. I would do the RIP on the busier night, Saturday.

BOGO might block out Saturdays, but I don't quite remember. They may be good for any 2 days. The base Frequent Fear blocks Friday and Saturday. There is an upgrade to include Fridays, and the ultimate pass, at a much more expensive price, that includes all days. This post shows the multi-night pass info from last year.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/3...xt=Add bookmark-,#9,-ADVANCE & SPECIAL TICKET

You really know your stuff!

2020 BOGO offer can only be purchased online.
Blockout dates include 10/11/2020, 10/17/2020, 10/24/2020, and 10/30/2020. Link
View attachment 659338

They were released on May 10, 2020.
There was no BOGO last year unless I missed something. Why do we think there will be this year? I’ve completed two surveys for them on HHN tickets for this year and the only thing they ask about is multi night tickets at different price points with or without parking. They gave options and asked me to pick between them.

There was no BOGO last year unless I missed something. Why do we think there will be this year? I’ve completed two surveys for them on HHN tickets for this year and the only thing they ask about is multi night tickets at different price points with or without parking. They gave options and asked me to pick between them.
You are correct, no BOGO in 2021.
I'm not expecting anything, more like hoping. This will be our 2nd year attending HHN so I really consider myself a newbie. For me, I just like having as much information as possible especially when playing the gift card game as well as virtual visa's.
And I've not been sent a single survey. Not an AP holder either.

We are hoping to attend our first ever HHN and are at Portofino Bay over opening weekend. I booked the public RIP tour for Saturday 3rd September but I see it is now being offered on the Sunday as well at a cheaper price than the Saturday. I have no experience of HHN at all but would assume the Saturday would be busier than the Sunday and therefore if we were to end up getting tickets that allowed us to go Saturday and Sunday we would probably have a better time doing our second visit on the Sunday

I see we have no idea about BOGOF tickets yet, do frequent fear tickets allow access over one weekend and are they much more expensive than one night tickets? Just trying to work out how likely it is that we would be able to go twice that weekend or whether just to go for the Sunday night tour and save some money

If you're goin opening weekend, then you'll want to check out the Rush of Fear pass. The RoF pass is valid the first two (three?) weeks of the event. They are cheaper than Frequent Fear, and I believe they include Fridays and Saturdays.

Thanks for the replies, think I will leave things as they are and keep my eyes open for Rush of Fear option then. Booked the tour to try and get as much out of our one opportunity as possible but if we can get additional nights there for not much extra cost then that may change things. Dont see us being there at that time of year again for a long time, we used to go in October a while back but the kids were at primary school so way too young!

Just out of curiosity - What food do they normally serve at Cafe La Bamba during the RIP tours please?

Thanks for the replies, think I will leave things as they are and keep my eyes open for Rush of Fear option then. Booked the tour to try and get as much out of our one opportunity as possible but if we can get additional nights there for not much extra cost then that may change things. Dont see us being there at that time of year again for a long time, we used to go in October a while back but the kids were at primary school so way too young!
This is what I am doing. I found the RIP tour exhausting, not the walking, although you cover a lot of ground, but a sort of senses overload. I kept going until the end and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I only managed about an hour the next night 😂.

@Jangles and @CAPSLOCK Thank you both for the help! Just what I was looking for and helped me finalise our decision to book a non private tour for 26/10!
The first ‘tour’ is a bit rushed for food, I found. Also, I don’t think the refillable drink deal is particularly good. The drinks all seemed to be premixed and you can’t take liquids into the houses, so you either glug it or try to find somewhere to empty your cup,

The first ‘tour’ is a bit rushed for food, I found. Also, I don’t think the refillable drink deal is particularly good. The drinks all seemed to be premixed and you can’t take liquids into the houses, so you either glug it or try to find somewhere to empty your cup,
Ohhh okay! Thank you for the advice. I booked 7:30pm to give us chance to go back to Hard Rock for a bit and have a rest and not have to deal with as big a crowd trying to get in when we come back. We’ve never been this time of year before so we’re very excited for it and hope the rumoured houses are true!

Ohhh okay! Thank you for the advice. I booked 7:30pm to give us chance to go back to Hard Rock for a bit and have a rest and not have to deal with as big a crowd trying to get in when we come back. We’ve never been this time of year before so we’re very excited for it and hope the rumoured houses are true!
Not sure if your tour is a weekday or weekend
You check in for your tour maybe 30 minutes before your group heads out to start your evening.

If your tour is on a Saturday, you will still have long lines to get inside the park and then sign in for your tour

I did that survey too. Also a content survey

considering doing this before our Disney cruise. What would be a better night to go, Thursday 9/15 or Sunday 9/18? Probably 6 of one, half dozen of another. lol
it takes the scareactors some time to settle into their rolls. I’d go with the 18th in your case.

last year they had a lot of new people wash out & had to bring in new hires. Toward the end of our first trip down for the season the overall quality improved greatly (first week of October). GS rep I spoke to said most who bailed indicated they use couldn’t handle the uncomfortable masking situation.
I booked 7:30pm to give us chance to go back to Hard Rock for a bit and have a rest and not have to deal with as big a crowd trying to get in when we come back. We’ve never been this time of year before so we’re very excited for it and hope the rumoured houses are true!
There is a separate line dedicated for resort Guests during HHN

if a tour, believe you will enter thru the door in the front near outside GS that goes into VIP service area, not the standard ‘gate line’.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter