Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

After a hundred or so cals, we waited two hours on hold for two hours and got four tickets for 8/20. Brutal, but done.

Quick question...I went into MDE on computer and linked the confirmation number and assigned tickets to the four of us. But what exactly does this do? We still need the hard tickets to actually get in that night, right? Or am I missing something?

After a hundred or so cals, we waited two hours on hold for two hours and got four tickets for 8/20. Brutal, but done.

Quick question...I went into MDE on computer and linked the confirmation number and assigned tickets to the four of us. But what exactly does this do? We still need the hard tickets to actually get in that night, right? Or am I missing something?
My CM said we’d need to use the Mobile Magic on MDE app and it would scan us in using the boo ticket. I’ve not use Mobile Magic before but maybe someone else can offer more details on it.

Thats the exact day im hoping to get, on hold now. Anything needed other than confirmation number?

Thats the exact day im hoping to get, on hold now. Anything needed other than confirmation number?
nope, just the confirmation number and then they'll ask for your address/phone/email to confirm...easy peasy once...you know.... you actually get through

So we are a family of six and purchased 6 tickets for 8/10… when linking them on MDE I noticed that all 6 tickets are marked 10+ even though we have one kid who is 9. I know all the tickets were priced the same but I’m just wondering why the CM didn’t give us one 3-9 ticket. Is this going to cause an issue at the gate?

Not a single person will care about this. You’re fine.

Are you basing that on new information or from yesterday? As of this morning people were still booking Halloween.

I heard yesterday afternoon that people were told Halloween was sold out. Not sure if it was wrong info or if there was actually a glitch. I wasn't looking to buy Halloween so I can't confirm either way.

After 2 days of calling non-stop and not being able to get into a queue, we finally were granted the "pleasure" of being on hold for 1:45 hours to get 5 tickets for 10/22. I just can't believe in 2021, with Disney's size, money, and resources, that this is how they handled this. They seriously need to hire some serious IT people so these things can be streamlined. There is no excuse for this insanity and the need to call instead of easily order online. I have a hearing loss and cannot hear on the phone so it's discriminatory at that. Thankfully, my husband is working from home and was willing to do be ready to help.

I joined the madness today. Decided to give it a try & see what happened. Just sitting here doing laundry so no problem being on hold so why not. I tried the emailed phone # a couple of times over about 15 minutes at noon. Not constant redialing but just random every few minutes. Was kind of surprised when it went thru. Picked the Annual Passholder option. Was on hold for just under 2 hours. And just in time too. The Imagination pavilion music was really starting to give me a headache. I’ll be hearing it in my head the rest of the day. :rotfl2: The CM just asked for my name & phone number. Did not need my hotel reservation number, but she asked what made us choose YC, so she obviously was able to pull up & confirm our reservation. She said it’s her favorite resort too.

I booked 2 tickets for September 14. She confirmed we have to go to will call to show AP card, ID & activate for the discount. We’ll be there next week so I asked if I could do that then. She checked with guest services but it can only be done up to 10 days in advance. Not a big deal since we’ll be at YC starting the 9th, we’ll have plenty of time. And we can just use the guest services at International Gateway one afternoon. She also said the tickets can be exchanged for a different day, but no refunds, which I already was aware. But just an FYI in case anyone needs to change dates in the future.

Oh, I fully intended to do the survey, complain about the hold time but praise the CM, but it disconnected instead of going to the survey. And I didn't catch the CMs name, so no point in emailing.

I was just thinking, it’s pretty strange you have to go to Guest Services to show ID & verify my AP to save $10 on these tickets. But you can book a 25, 35 or 40% AP resort room discount & never need to show proof for that. 🤷🏻‍♀️

For those of you who called the AP number how did you navigate the prompts. I keep ending up in the wrong place and I have to start all over. When I asked for events it couldn’t find the boo bash. Any help would be appreciated.
When the recorded voice asked what I was calling about, I said "tickets". At that point it put me in a queue and said it was a 90 minute wait (this was yesterday).

So for these tickets, do you need to pay them in full upfront when you book or can you add them to your existing package to give you a little extra time to pay them off? Thanks :)

I too, got cut off at the survey part of my call yesterday so here is the online link I found to give them my feedback on the fabulous CM Mandy who helped me get my boo bash tickets.

And I also gave them my opinion on the bash ticket rollout fiasco.

DisneySurveys.com
https://disneysurveys.com/wix/7/p0333097.aspxKeyword: DRC

Thank you for this. My CM asked me to hold for the survey, and then the phone hung up. I like that I can leave comments on the call separate from the Cast Member. No wait time listed once I did got through was my main complaint.

Haha I was feeling bad because I thought I was responsible for hanging up before the survey ( I had wanted to compliment the staff). Makes sense knowing it happened to others too.

This is the worst, why can't you buy these online? The Boo Bash page even says tickets can be purchased online. I spent 20 minutes driving myself crazy because I couldn't find the link to purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter