Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

We are staying offsite on Boo Bash day, what time do you think we should Uber over to MK? What time do they actually start letting people in?

We are there for a week, but my college aged son is meeting us for just the weekend and Sunday is our Boo Bash day. Because son wants to cram as much as possible into 48 hours, we'll probably spend the morning at AK and rope drop FOP. Then he flies out Monday morning at 7am. Ah, to have the energy of an 18 year old!!!

We are going to the first Boo Bash on the 10th. We plan to go to AK that day. I've been rethinking that, since it opens early, but I think at this point we're just going to go with it. If we don't make it for rope drop that day, we'll figure out another day we can do FOP. We'll spend the morning at AK then head back to our resort for swimming and relaxing and then head over to MK whenever we're ready. We have hoppers so we can get in early if need be. I'm excited to experience Boo Bash. We were able to go to the Villains after hours event in 2019 and it was my favorite event at Disney I've ever attended. I'm hoping Boo Bash is just as fun.

Also going to the first one on the 10th. Flight gets in very late the night before (technically morning of since after midnight). So, plans are flexible depending on how much rest I need (possibilites: stay at the resort for the day, head to another Skyliner resort for breakfast or lunch, or maybe a quick trip to Disney Springs in the morning). But will grab a bus to MK around 4 pm to then hang at the monorail resorts with Capt. Cook's or the Tiki Terrace for dinner. I like to be in the area early so there's no rush as the event start time gets closer. This trip is Boo Bash-only so my flight out is the next day.

We’re flying in on Saturday and have Boo Bash on Tuesday. So we’ll make that day our off day. I’m thinking we’ll probably have a late breakfast and spend some time swimming. Then we’ll change into our costumes and go have dinner about 5 at a MK area resort. Basically just a chill day so that we can rest up for the late night.

Hey everyone,
Sadly, I am very close to canceling our mid August trip. My son leaves for his first year of college right after we were scheduled to return, and as much as the risk is low, if there were any covid issues, it would completely derail the start of his college career. Not worth it, although of course I am heartbroken. Certainly did not expect the "crisis" situation going on in Fl in August. Has anyone cancelled Boo Bash tix and gotten a refund, or at least some kind of Disney world credit? There are a lot of steps to cancelling this trip (room only, split stay, plane tix, etc.) so I am trying to research consequences as much as possible before I start pulling the trigger. Thanks.

Hey everyone,
Sadly, I am very close to canceling our mid August trip. My son leaves for his first year of college right after we were scheduled to return, and as much as the risk is low, if there were any covid issues, it would completely derail the start of his college career. Not worth it, although of course I am heartbroken. Certainly did not expect the "crisis" situation going on in Fl in August. Has anyone cancelled Boo Bash tix and gotten a refund, or at least some kind of Disney world credit? There are a lot of steps to cancelling this trip (room only, split stay, plane tix, etc.) so I am trying to research consequences as much as possible before I start pulling the trigger. Thanks.
I'm so sorry to hear this. We are on the fence for cancelling our September trip right now with the situation in Florida and the USA in general. I'm hoping that things get under control again, but at this point I would be surprised. One can wish though.
As for refund on Boo Bash, I would be interested to find out what you find out as well. My understanding is that there is no refund or credit on these tickets... only a change to another night if available.
I think for us cancelling, that is the only thing we would fully lose out on.

Thanks, @igrsod. Appreciate the post, and I wish you the best with your trip as well. I really hope under the circumstances, they will find a way to accomodate. Would love to "postpone" and go during January break, but at this point I am a little afraid to rebook until I see how things are looking. I am going to lose some money with flight cancellation fees, and probably boo bash tix. Hopefully that is it in terms of monetary loss. A small part of me is considering going down for a non-park trip rather than cancelling, but I have to keep telling myself it is not worth the risk. And frankly an important part of our plans is dining, but I don't think I would be able to enjoy it under current conditions. I will report back about the tix!

Hey everyone,
Our Son leaves for his first year of college also. I feel your pain. However, this could be our last family vacation in a while (kids are growing up) so no way would I cancel. Good luck with your decision.

@Marvin1968, completely understand your point of view. That is what makes the decision so agonizing. I definitely want the trip for me, but couldn't live with myself if he had to miss his pre-orientation backpacking trip with his classmates, move-in, etc. I am hopeful we can look forward to a January trip. Enjoy yours!

We already had our Boo Bash day planned as our Universal day. It's going to make for a long day but it is what it is! :)

Hey everyone,
Yesterday they told me I can use the value of the ticket toward another Disney ticket at any future date (cast member suggested MNSSHP next year) or switch to another available date. Can't switch to a sold out date or get a refund of any kind. That was as the state of crisis was being decided so YMMV.

I’m going on a solo 4 day trip and my boo bash is august 27. I plan on rope dropping AK and staying most of the day there. Will probably go back to ASMovies around 4 for a nap then head out to boo bash around 7:00! So happy to see all the excitement on this thread. When tickets went on sale this thread turned very negative, but glad to see people are getting excited!!

I'm similar to you! Solo trip....going to Boo Bash on Aug. 27th and planning to go to AK for the morning then back to Coronado to relax for the afternoon before heading to Boo Bash! Great Solo trippers think alike! : )

We’re flying in just for the party. So resort pool the morning of, early entry with our Boo Bash ticket and maybe a dining reservation somewhere. Either that or staking out a spot of HEA.

We are going to Boo Bash on Friday, Aug. 27th. We are spending the morning at AK, going to our house to rest, and then heading to MK. We fly out the next evening, so will sleep in, hopefully!

This may be (and I'm pretty sure it is) a stupid question, but if I have a park hopper and I go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, I can enter MK for boo bash starting at 2pm right?

Yes you can. Just find out where the station is to get your boo bash wristband (?) so you don't have to trek all the way to the front to get it for the party.

This may be (and I'm pretty sure it is) a stupid question, but if I have a park hopper and I go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, I can enter MK for boo bash starting at 2pm right?

It’s actually 7PM. From the WDW website:

Event Details

Disney After Hours Boo Bash will take place on select nights from August 10 through October 31. Ticket holders will be admitted to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7:00 PM on the valid date of their ticket—giving them even more time to enjoy park favorites before the event begins! These dated tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter