"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So 4 nights a week they have the party? I didn't realize they had it that often. It's going to make our trips to Magic Kingdom very...interesting on the non-party days that we choose to go. An extra $440 for our party of 4 to attend is a bit too much for us.

It makes non party night CRAZY. Everyone attempting to see Happily Ever After makes for a crazy situation. I understand why they have the parties so many times a week... but at the same time I don't understand why they continue to do it when non party days are a nightmare.

We will be there the 4-10 of November, how early should I buy our tickets? For the 8th

Whenever you can or wish to do so. Please remember though that there are no refunds. I booked our tickets this morning and that always makes me apprehensive - $489.92 - is quite a bit of money not be able to get back.

We are getting APs in June. What's the historical sellout risk between now and then for the Nov 14th party?

Question! When I bought our tickets, we bought 3 adult, 1 kid because our Disney 'kid' will age up into a Disney 'adult' on this trip. I know that Disney's line is that as long as they are under 10 when you start your trip, you pay the kid price. However, since I am buying these tickets 2 days after his birthday, should I go with the whole, he's a 'kid' the whole time, or buy 4 adult tickets?
I went to MVMCP for DS 3rd birthday trip. We arrived when he was still 2, but went to MVMCP after he was 3. I didn't buy him a ticket, and had no problems.

I was wondering if there would be a difference in going the first night [8th]vs a week later? Do they 100% set up for the first night? It falls on a saturday so it costs more and I am sure will be super packed. Just wondering if anyone has any experiance going on launch night TIA

Last edited:
First party sells out due to bloggers wanting to be first to post, so just be mindful that this date will sell out at some point.
Yeah, thats what I figured, I know this date will sell out eventually, last year it sold out day of but with Star Wars opening early, I am wondering if this will make more parties sell out. Guessing yes! Probably just going to buy my tickets this weekend.

I went to MVMCP for DS 3rd birthday trip. We arrived when he was still 2, but went to MVMCP after he was 3. I didn't buy him a ticket, and had no problems.

Yeah, I am not too worried about the $5, but since he is there on a kid ticket, I wasn't sure what I should do. I think I will just keep it consistent since he will already be there on a kid ticket.

The last two days to go to the MCMCP are on Friday, Dec. 20th or Sunday, Dec. 22nd and trying to decide which is the better of the two to go. In the past, we have gone to Disney World on the 2nd and 3rd week of December and it was a blast. Friday being a Friday where it's the start of the weekend or a Sunday being the last night, which will be busier? Much appreciation for all and any suggestions.

I am wondering the same thing

First party sells out due to bloggers wanting to be first to post, so just be mindful that this date will sell out at some point.
might sell out but if the bloggers are all there than the ride lines will be shorter due to them wanting to try all the food and shows :D

Wow. So 4 nights a week they have the party? I didn't realize they had it that often. It's going to make our trips to Magic Kingdom very...interesting on the non-party days that we choose to go. An extra $440 for our party of 4 to attend is a bit too much for us.
Same thing for us - I wasn't expecting party nights most of our trip! We have budgeted for a party but now I'm thinking we'll need to do park hoppers as wel- I'm thinking the 2 non- party days are going to be crazy!

Same thing for us - I wasn't expecting party nights most of our trip! We have budgeted for a party but now I'm thinking we'll need to do park hoppers as wel- I'm thinking the 2 non- party days are going to be crazy!

Even with APHs we rarely park hop. Depends on the projected crowds during your visit. I’d plan on a MK day early in trip. You can always add PH if you really feel the need.

might sell out but if the bloggers are all there than the ride lines will be shorter due to them wanting to try all the food and shows :D
Thats exactly what I was thinking! We went to the first party after Thanksgiving last year and it was sold but all the rides minus 7DMT were walk on! We walked on Space mountain and every other ride and it was fantastic! Not sure why people always say sold out parties are mobbed, we even only waited for Jack and Sally for 20 minutes! I think Disney does a great job of capping the limit. Anyone else experience good times at a sold out event or is it just me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter