• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Finally got a call back today regarding my cancelled Hallowishes dessert party, and they WILL honor parade viewing for us even though we cancelled and rebooked garden view. Same info everyone else got...check in at TT after 4:30 for credentials, first parade, blah blah blah. But one thing that was new was that he said that viewing will be "for the first parade, which should be around 7 or 7:30." This was the first time I'd heard any sort of time indicated, so wanted to share it here (even though it may be pure speculation on Henderson's part, and if for no other reason than to stir the pot) :)
WOW that is early!!! I guess all we can do is either A: wait for first party and see what people are talking about or B: wait for Disney to post more info. What will cone first????

Finally got a call back today regarding my cancelled Hallowishes dessert party, and they WILL honor parade viewing for us even though we cancelled and rebooked garden view. Same info everyone else got...check in at TT after 4:30 for credentials, first parade, blah blah blah. But one thing that was new was that he said that viewing will be "for the first parade, which should be around 7 or 7:30." This was the first time I'd heard any sort of time indicated, so wanted to share it here (even though it may be pure speculation on Henderson's part, and if for no other reason than to stir the pot) :)

Oh wow, 7:00 or 7:30 seems way too early for the first parade...they probably won’t have all the nonparty-goers cleared out by then!

Hopefully the CM just meant that you can start waiting for the parade in the designated area at 7:00 or 7:30, with the parade starting at 8:00 or something!

Absolute speculation and completely inaccurate. No way the parade starts at “7:00 or 7:30” when the official party start time is 7:00. I’m curios what the CM said when you questioned the inaccurate timing?

If Disney was just a little less expensive I would go more often or stay longer!!!
Me too! We typically go once a year and only stay for a week. This year we are going twice but our spring trip was only for 5 nights. Dh and I want a trip with just us so that’s why we are going in October.

Absolute speculation and completely inaccurate. No way the parade starts at “7:00 or 7:30” when the official party start time is 7:00. I’m curios what the CM said when you questioned the inaccurate timing?
Unfortunately it was left in a voice mail, so I didn’t have the opportunity to say “wait, what time?’” Lol

I know it’s certainly nothing official, but gives me hope they may be moving it back from last year’s time at least.

Just starting to plan our Halloween trip. We will be there oct 25-nov 3. We want to do resort stuff the 30th and 31st. Leaves our party day options to Fri Oct 26 or Sun Oct 28.

Fri - would work better with the rest of our schedule but I'm worried it will be too crowded.
Sun-may be just as crowded, but who knows?

Any thoughts? What would you do?

Just starting to plan our Halloween trip. We will be there oct 25-nov 3. We want to do resort stuff the 30th and 31st. Leaves our party day options to Fri Oct 26 or Sun Oct 28.

Fri - would work better with the rest of our schedule but I'm worried it will be too crowded.

I would lean more towards Sunday as locals would have to go to work the next morn

I read something interesting. So I know you can enter the park around 4pm for a party and still get fast passes up to a certain time...but the interesting part was that some people last year were having FP taken away from other park days if you didn't have enough normal tickets to cover the 4-6 timeframe....but others were able to get away....just wondering if this is true or not...

I read something interesting. So I know you can enter the park around 4pm for a party and still get fast passes up to a certain time...but the interesting part was that some people last year were having FP taken away from other park days if you didn't have enough normal tickets to cover the 4-6 timeframe....but others were able to get away....just wondering if this is true or not...

Yes. Some people reported losing their FastPasses for their last day if they booked FPS for all their ticket days plus their party day (not using a regular ticket on party day). Some received warning emails first, others did not. Other people were able to book and use FPs on the party ticket with no problems. Calls to Disney offered a mixed bag of responses with most getting the FPs reinstated. Some were told that you can’t use a party ticket for FPs, others were told that it was fine.

Pick the date that works best with your schedule. With a good plan, you can be successful at any party, even a sold out one!

It will still be light out at 7:00 - 7:30 for the first parties so I’m sure the time you were given is in accurate.
I agree any time starting with a 7 is too early, but it will start to get dark not long after the party officially starts. The first parade was at 8:15 for quite a few years through 2014, 8:35 in 2015 and back to 8:15 in 2016, so somewhete around 8 would not be unheard of.

@Cluelyss , Please reread my response before correcting me. The guest was told 7:00 or 7:30 which is earlier than 8:00. I took the time to look up the anticipated sunset time around the first party and it’s around 7:53 so even 8:00 would be pushing it as the headless horseman comes out early. The earlier August party dates also means it gets dark later which I’m sure Disney will take into consideration when setting parade times for the August and early September parties.

Last edited:
Yes I am lurker, I will admit. :duck: I will also admit to not reading all 186 pages here. :duck: Please no heat if this has already been asked.

My wife and I are going to be in the World 09/02-09/08. We will be doing one of the Halloween parties that week, Ether Monday night 09/03 (Labor Day) or on Friday night 09/07. There is some debate going on regarding which party will be more crowded. Monday night, because it is Labor Day, or Friday night; well because it is a Friday Night in central FL. Thoughts?

Thanks in advanced for the input.

Yes I am lurker, I will admit. :duck: I will also admit to not reading all 186 pages here. :duck: Please no heat if this has already been asked.

My wife and I are going to be in the World 09/02-09/08. We will be doing one of the Halloween parties that week, Ether Monday night 09/03 (Labor Day) or on Friday night 09/07. There is some debate going on regarding which party will be more crowded. Monday night, because it is Labor Day, or Friday night; well because it is a Friday Night in central FL. Thoughts?

Thanks in advanced for the input.
Friday night parties are traditionally more busy. I would guess the Labor Day Party would be less busy as it is a work/school night for locals.

@Cluelyss , Please reread my response before correcting me. The guest was told 7:00 or 7:30 which is earlier than 8:00. I took the time to look up the anticipated sunset time around the first party and it’s around 7:53 so even 8:00 would be pushing it as the headless horseman comes out early. The earlier August party dates also means it gets dark later which I’m sure Disney will take into consideration when setting parade times for the August and early September parties.
First, I WAS the guest that was told 7 or 7:30. I said in my original post that it was likely pure speculation on the CM’s part, but that it was encouraging to hear something earlier than last year’s start time of 9:15, which we all know won’t work with the current start time of the dessert parties.

Second, I wasn’t correcting you, simply pointing out that it will be dark within an hour or so of the party starting, so they could easily do the first parade around 8, and they have in the past.

We always go in October and it’s always getting dark when the parties start. With them staring even earlier in August now, it will be light longer for those first parties, and you bring up a good point about sunset in mid-August. In the past they’ve started the parade a bit earlier in August/September to offset this, but who knows what will happen this year?

Bottom line, we are all just playing a guessing game right now until disney makes an official announcement, but we should all be free to speculate here.

Since it is now July....should we start seeing more things about the party like special merchandise and all? Since the party is now what mid Aug....I know they have released info before the 1st party but since hubby said don't worry we will be going even if MIL doesn't go I am getting more excited. Just wish I knew when I was going.

Last year, party merch was on the parks blog ~August 14th and the first party was August 25th. My guess is we'll be waiting until August 1st this year. :sad2:

On another note, I'm interested to see how Toy Story Land will redistribute crowds. I can't seem to find anything about how Pandora's opening affected October crowds last year, but Pandora opened in May and TSL essentially opened in July, so I imagine TSL will have more impact.

Unfortunately it was left in a voice mail, so I didn’t have the opportunity to say “wait, what time?’” Lol

I know it’s certainly nothing official, but gives me hope they may be moving it back from last year’s time at least.

Exactly. This is something I've been speculating since the parade viewing call backs started. So to recap for you newbies:

Boo-To-You 9:15pm and 11:15pm
Hallowishes 10:15pm

September: Boo-To-You 8:30pm and 11:15pm
October: Boo-To-You 8:15pm and 11:15pm
Hallowishes 10:15pm

I fervently believe they moved the parade time due to day guests reported back in 2016. And IF the parade times do change, I wonder how many people will cancel or change their ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter