• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

My email back about BTMRR

"Dear Katherine,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

How exciting that you will be visiting us soon!

At this time, no announcements relating to your inquiry have been announced.

However, the Walt Disney World® Resort website, as well as the Disney Parks Blog, will have official information regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort. We also recommend continuing to monitor our website as updates are continuously added!

We hope this information helps and look forward to seeing you real soon!

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Rosabelle Fuentes

eCommerce Sales and Service Team"

No announcements relating to my inquiry - other than it's not on the list. That response doesn't make much sense.

My email back about BTMRR

"Dear Katherine,

How exciting that you will be visiting us soon!

At this time, no announcements relating to your inquiry have been announced.

However, the Walt Disney World® Resort website, as well as the Disney Parks Blog, will have official information regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort. We also recommend continuing to monitor our website as updates are continuously added!

We hope this information helps and look forward to seeing you real soon!

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Rosabelle Fuentes

eCommerce Sales and Service Team"

No announcements relating to my inquiry - other than it's not on the list. That response doesn't make much sense.
Yeah that wasn’t a very good response

I am a MNSSHP newbie. I need some basic help on party ticket FPs. I see that (in theory) I can get 3 FPs for these "hard" tickets (30 days prior). Silly question - if I don't link them to a magic band, can I just use the physical ticket at the FastPass "machine"??? (I will actually have magic bands, but I plan to use my 3 FPs at a different park in the morning, then head to MK in the afternoon with my MNSSHP tickets...)

Thanks!!

So I decided in my costume: the original redhead from Potc. My boyfriend has a jack Sparrow he's worn before.

But if he doesn't go with that I was thinking we could both go as animatronics. The best guy animatronics I can come up with are dreamfinder or the dad from carousel of progress.

Can anyone think of other good ones? Even from closed attractions?

I think it's technically a projection and not an animatronic, but what about one of the hitchhiking ghosts from the Haunted Mansion? Could also do one of the men that used to shout "We want the redhead!" in POTC to pair with you.

Alternatively, one of the characters from Spaceship Earth? Maybe get him dressed up as a Phoenician and see how many people thank him. :P

So I decided in my costume: the original redhead from Potc. My boyfriend has a jack Sparrow he's worn before.

But if he doesn't go with that I was thinking we could both go as animatronics. The best guy animatronics I can come up with are dreamfinder or the dad from carousel of progress.

Tiki Room birds? (not saying it's a "good" one, but it might be fun.)
The safari group with the rhinoceros from the Jungle Cruise? (that would be comfortable.)
Dolls from it's a small world? (I'm assuming this idea would make any boyfriend gladly choose Jack Sparrow. LOL.)

I love the Red Head idea. You'd look perfect for her! What about Ellen DeGeneres?

Last edited:
I am a MNSSHP newbie. I need some basic help on party ticket FPs. I see that (in theory) I can get 3 FPs for these "hard" tickets (30 days prior). Silly question - if I don't link them to a magic band, can I just use the physical ticket at the FastPass "machine"??? (I will actually have magic bands, but I plan to use my 3 FPs at a different park in the morning, then head to MK in the afternoon with my MNSSHP tickets...)

Thanks!!

If you don't want to book FPs in advance for the party, and are happy getting FPs at a kiosk, you should probably just link your party tickets to your MagicBand and book additional FPs when you get to MK (or on the app on your way to MK!) That would basically be the 4th and 5th Fast Pass strategy, and it's what folks with Park Hoppers do, too.

You won't be able to book advance FPs for the party if you're already using 3 FPs in another park that day. I asked that question earlier in the thread, too!

I've never heard of party tickets being used for FP - pretty sure all FP have to be on an MDE account and linked to a MagicBand or KttK card.

I emailed Disney again about BTMRR. Here's the reply I got. At least this CM is honest, although it just means nobody knows what's going on:

At this time, we do not have information about whether Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Attraction will be operating during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Historically, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Attraction has been available for this Special Event, however last year it was a late addition to our list of attractions, and may be added at a later date this year as well!

Please note: all attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice. We recommend that you keep an eye on the Special Events page of our website for the most up to date information as we may add more attractions as we get closer to the date!

I emailed Disney again about BTMRR. Here's the reply I got. At least this CM is honest, although it just means nobody knows what's going on:

At this time, we do not have information about whether Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Attraction will be operating during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Historically, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Attraction has been available for this Special Event, however last year it was a late addition to our list of attractions, and may be added at a later date this year as well!

Please note: all attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice. We recommend that you keep an eye on the Special Events page of our website for the most up to date information as we may add more attractions as we get closer to the date!

I think this is as good an answer as we're going to get. If it's not on the list by the third week or so of August then we'll just have to make do, unless someone reports back otherwise "on the ground".

I think it's technically a projection and not an animatronic, but what about one of the hitchhiking ghosts from the Haunted Mansion? Could also do one of the men that used to shout "We want the redhead!" in POTC to pair with you.

Alternatively, one of the characters from Spaceship Earth? Maybe get him dressed up as a Phoenician and see how many people thank him. :P

I would like to see who thanks the phoenician.

Tiki Room birds? (not saying it's a "good" one, but it might be fun.)
The safari group with the rhinoceros from the Jungle Cruise? (that would be comfortable.)
Dolls from it's a small world? (I'm assuming this idea would make any boyfriend gladly choose Jack Sparrow. LOL.)

I think the jungle cruise rhino people would be really great if you had a whole group. Someone could even be the rhino :)

I love the Red Head idea. You'd look perfect for her! What about Ellen DeGeneres?

It'd certainly be a scary costume.

We actually thought up quite a few good animatronics costumes but thought they'd go better as a group.

Like mark Twain and John Adams from the American pavilion, movie characters from the great movie ride, people from different time periods on spaceship earth.

I was really pushing for him to dress in monks robe and strap a small writing desk to his shoulders and fall asleep all the time.

I think our top two are the carousel of progress dad and dreamfinder.

I believe the responses we are getting are auto generated and thus not specific to the request we've sent. I'm not sure about others but the response I received was within a couple of minutes of submitting my email. Far too quickly for someone to actually read and respond to.

Dear April,

Sincerely,

Noah Barnett

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I think this is as good an answer as we're going to get. If it's not on the list by the third week or so of August then we'll just have to make do, unless someone reports back otherwise "on the ground".
Yes, sounds about right. Unfortunately. But we will still have a good time, no matter what. I sincerely hope it is open though. It is so much fun riding at night!

"I am a MNSSHP newbie. I need some basic help on party ticket FPs. I see that (in theory) I can get 3 FPs for these "hard" tickets (30 days prior). Silly question - if I don't link them to a magic band, can I just use the physical ticket at the FastPass "machine"??? (I will actually have magic bands, but I plan to use my 3 FPs at a different park in the morning, then head to MK in the afternoon with my MNSSHP tickets...)"

If you don't want to book FPs in advance for the party, and are happy getting FPs at a kiosk, you should probably just link your party tickets to your MagicBand and book additional FPs when you get to MK (or on the app on your way to MK!) That would basically be the 4th and 5th Fast Pass strategy, and it's what folks with Park Hoppers do, too.

You won't be able to book advance FPs for the party if you're already using 3 FPs in another park that day. I asked that question earlier in the thread, too!

I've never heard of party tickets being used for FP - pretty sure all FP have to be on an MDE account and linked to a MagicBand or KttK card.

Hmmm... What if I used a different set of MBs (on a different MDE account)? Could that work?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter