"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

If we want to meet characters, watch fireworks and the parade, and get treats is one party enough or should we do two? We would still like time to ride some rides so I'm just not sure if 1 party is enough time. Any thoughts?
2016 I did one party and felt as if I missed out on a lot of stuff to do. However, I have since joined this thread and learned from others n I did 2 parties last year. I was able to see the harder characters and get way too much candy but a part of me felt 2 parties were too much. I think it all depends on what you want to do and have a plan mapped out. If you can afford 2 parties I say go for it!!!!! I am planning another trip next year and will do 2 parties because it is so much fun.

If we want to meet characters, watch fireworks and the parade, and get treats is one party enough or should we do two? We would still like time to ride some rides so I'm just not sure if 1 party is enough time. Any thoughts?
This all depends on which characters you want to meet. If you want to meet a handful that all have long lines, that will eat up your entire night. If you are looking to meet those with lower to moderate wait times, you can definitely fit them in around the parade and fireworks, and still have time for a few rides and treat stops. If you go back to last year’s thread, many of us posted a recap of our night(s) detailing what we were able to accomplish. That might give you a better idea of what to plan for. But I will add, if you can afford to do two parties, do it!

I attended 2 parties last year and plan on attending 3 this September. DD10 and I really enjoy the parties, and this allows us to experience everything they offer and not have to rush around to do so.

We also love the Boo to You parade more than normal people should so we like to see it a bunch of times :)

2016 I did one party and felt as if I missed out on a lot of stuff to do. However, I have since joined this thread and learned from others n I did 2 parties last year. I was able to see the harder characters and get way too much candy but a part of me felt 2 parties were too much. I think it all depends on what you want to do and have a plan mapped out. If you can afford 2 parties I say go for it!!!!! I am planning another trip next year and will do 2 parties because it is so much fun.
Aren’t the parties cheaper than a day ticket?

ETA: Nevermind I see from last year that the early ones are cheap but not so much right near or on Halloween. Those are our only options though.

Last edited:
This all depends on which characters you want to meet. If you want to meet a handful that all have long lines, that will eat up your entire night. If you are looking to meet those with lower to moderate wait times, you can definitely fit them in around the parade and fireworks, and still have time for a few rides and treat stops. If you go back to last year’s thread, many of us posted a recap of our night(s) detailing what we were able to accomplish. That might give you a better idea of what to plan for. But I will add, if you can afford to do two parties, do it!
We are interested in jack and sally, 7 dwarves, and maybe some others but mainly those that I listed. I can’t remember who all is usually there. I’ll have to go look at last year’s thread!

We are interested in jack and sally, 7 dwarves, and maybe some others but mainly those that I listed. I can’t remember who all is usually there. I’ll have to go look at last year’s thread!
@monique5 has listed the characters in the OP of this thread.

Okay I have another question. If we plan on staying 10/30-11/6 would it be horrible to do Halloween night as a party? I didn’t know if it’s completely packed or not. We won’t do November 2 if that’s the other one because we will most likely be doing the 10k on November 3.

If we plan on staying 10/30-11/6 would it be horrible to do Halloween night as a party? I didn’t know if it’s completely packed or not.

The party on Halloween night is usually one of the first to sell out.

With that being said, with a good plan in which you think about like the Top 5 things you want to do, you should be just fine and have plenty of fun!

Do we have dates for the Halloween party yet? What nights do they typically have parties. We're going towards the end of October but before Halloween.

Okay I have another question. If we plan on staying 10/30-11/6 would it be horrible to do Halloween night as a party? I didn’t know if it’s completely packed or not. We won’t do November 2 if that’s the other one because we will most likely be doing the 10k on November 3.

Halloween is the first party to sell out, like was said above, but a lot of parties do sell out. I've done Halloween night before, and while it's crowded, it's no more crowded than any other sellout night, since they sell a fixed quantity of tickets (it's just more expensive, you'll pay about $20 more for the privilege of attending on the 31st). I think it does depend on your goals for the party. You'll still be able to catch HalloWishes and the parade, especially the 2nd parade. If you want to do a bunch of rides with low wait times, you'll find that the wait times are still pretty decent, though not as good as a non-sellout night. If your goal is to meet a bunch of rare characters, you'll wait a bit more.

If it was choice between Halloween night and another night, I'd probably do the other night. If it's a choice between Halloween night and no party at all, I'd do the party, especially if you've never gone before. The live entertainment is pretty amazing, along with seeing the park decorated. I wouldn't miss it! If you had to prioritize, do not miss the parade, but see the 2nd one at 11:15pm (hit rides during the first parade, you'll walk on a lot of stuff). Get a good seat for HalloWishes and see that. If you want to see characters, pick one or two, but don't spend your night waiting in line. Be sure to ride HM a few times; I think the best part of the park to just wander around in and take in the scenery is Main Street, then Liberty Square. Watch the 2nd parade from Frontierland, so you can see it as early as possible, then quick do a few more rides. The park really starts to empty out after HalloWishes, so if you're committed to stay until Midnight (and you can eat/shop Main Street until at least 12:30am), I think you can still have a great time on Halloween night.

If you line up for Jack and Sally right at 4, you’ll be among the first to meet them (they’ve historically started meeting at 5). Then head immediately to the dwarfs. The line will have built some by then (their line starts forming around 5 as they’ve historically stated meeting at 6:15), but you should be in a good position to meet them close to 7, when the party “officially” starts. You’ll then have the rest of the night for shows, rides and trick or treating.

Just saw this posted on Facebook in a group I’m in, I don’t know how accurate it is, but wanted to share.

Uk site Attraction Tickets Direct now has tickets available for MNSSHP and MVMCP dates are as follows:-

MNSSHP: August 17,24,28,31
September 3,7,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,28,30 October 2,4,5,8,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,31

MVMCP: November 8,9,12,13,15,16,25,27,29,30
December 2,4,6,7,9,11,13,14,16,18,20,21

Just saw this posted on Facebook in a group I’m in, I don’t know how accurate it is, but wanted to share.

Uk site Attraction Tickets Direct now has tickets available for MNSSHP and MVMCP dates are as follows:-

MNSSHP: August 17,24,28,31
September 3,7,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,28,30 October 2,4,5,8,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,31

MVMCP: November 8,9,12,13,15,16,25,27,29,30
December 2,4,6,7,9,11,13,14,16,18,20,21

I just went to their site and I see that. How are they already selling tickets for it?

No parties between October 25-31 that doesn’t seem right.

You're right it doesn't; it's an error. Site shows parties Oct 25, 26, 28, 30, 31

Edited to add, that although the 26th is shown as a party date, it isn't bookable via their ticket calendar.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter