"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Just know that last year MCO started inspecting all candy in carryons, leading to even greater delays at security. Though I never heard of any reports of candy being denied, many opted to just trash their treats to keep moving.

I could have sworn I gave you the link to the 2017 Character List, if not here you go:
Post #6: 2017 Character List

The list of characters and their locations don't change that much so it should help you. Vampire Mickey is very popular. He comes out at 7pm. The best time to see him is later in the evening after the parades and/or fireworks. He only meets at Town Square Theater on Main Street. Hope this helps!
I was looking under attractions, which was my mistake! Thank you. So he is there til party close? Do they usually close off his line? If not, I don't mind waiting til we are headed out but if so, then we will need to work him in!

What time is Hallowishes? :confused:Not going to the Pary but want to hvire the fireworks. 2 years ago, watched them from Poly beach, they were neat. Want to view them from Top of the World BLT. The schedule says 10:30 on October 28 and 30th. Does that seem correct? Thanks much!!:goodvibes
I completely forgot about watching from ToTWL. May have to see if I can fit that into our trip.

Just know that last year MCO started inspecting all candy in carryons, leading to even greater delays at security. Though I never heard of any reports of candy being denied, many opted to just trash their treats to keep moving.

Anyone know if you have TSA Pre-Check do they still do this? I know they have some things that are a little different with TSA Pre-Check

Anyone know if you have TSA Pre-Check do they still do this? I know they have some things that are a little different with TSA Pre-Check

We went through pre-check twice last year with perhaps a questionably large amount of candy in our carry-ons each time with no issues/extra checks.

But like with anything airport security related, YMMV.

We went through pre-check twice last year with perhaps a questionably large amount of candy in our carry-ons each time with no issues/extra checks.

So no ziplock bag needed for you? I am planing on going through treat trails and bring the candy back and give it to some family who asked for it so I might have a pretty full bag lol. They last time we went to the Halloween Party we brought our trick or treat bags as an extra carry on and had no problem but I know MCO started doing more stuff with food.

So no ziplock bag needed for you? I am planing on going through treat trails and bring the candy back and give it to some family who asked for it so I might have a pretty full bag lol. They last time we went to the Halloween Party we brought our trick or treat bags as an extra carry on and had no problem but I know MCO started doing more stuff with food.

No ziplock bag, just crammed our treat bags in the carry ons with dirty clothes and whatever other stuff (junk) we bought. :-)

I read about the issues many people had last fall. I’m not sure if it was that pre-check didn’t have the same scrutiny or I just lucked out. ?

I can second this. I was concerned after reading the reports here last year, but with pre-check my bags with food made it through with no problem.

If Aladdin is the favorite movie did you know Aladdin in his Prince Ali outfit meets with Abu? And Jasmine with the Genie? Or did you meet them at the MVMCP?

Me and my friends really lucked out when meeting the Aladdin characters several years ago. We got to the front of the line just as they were swapping characters as two of them needed to be in the parade, so we got to take a picture with all four of them.

Attachments

• PA260081.jpg
    PA260081.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 46
We experienced this firsthand last October. We had candy in a gallon ziploc and had our bag(s) pulled for additional screening. They literally took all of the candy from the bag and swabbed all of it. They grouped in innoits of 5-10 pieces and kind of by “type”. It took FOREVER. We asked if we could just throw it away so we could move on, but they said no, not until they were done. They also pulled another one of our bags...for cough drops....so it is not just candy. Any food or “organic” items, as they stated when we inquired. This year the candy will be in our checked bag. I don’t want to deal with that again.

Why not just put it in a checked bag?
It can go in a checked bag (what I plan on doing to avoid this) but for some that’s not an option who either travel with only a carry on or, where weight of checked bag is close to the limit. I’ve heard many say the weight of the candy can be quite substantial. One person said the total weight of candy for their group was over 15lbs. Personally we don’t normally have an extra 15 lbs to play with in our checked baggage. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
It can go in a checked bag (what I plan on doing to avoid this) but for some that’s not an option who either travel with only a carry on or, where weight if checked bag is close to the limit. I’ve heard many say the weight if the candy can be quite substantial. One person said the total weight of candy for thei group was over 15lbs. Personally we don’t normally have an extra 15 lbs to play with in our checked baggage. :rolleyes1

Gotcha.

I would worry that chocolate candy in my checked bag would be a melted mess by the time I got it home. I don't know how much time your checked bags spend outside at the airport.

Also, last year my hotel was remodeling the Bell Services room, so when I gave them my bags to hold on the morning of my departure day, the bags were put in a tent outside. That could also result in melting issues for stuff in any size bag they are holding.

And I've never done the RAC where you turn over your bags at the hotel and they are taken to the airport for you. I don't know if those bags are stored outside at all.

We usually luck out and get TSA Pre-check, even though we don't pay for it. Probably because we fly to MCO like 5 times a year. When we flew earlier this month, I took all my daughter's food items from her, when I had pre-check and she didn't. I didn't have to separate it.

Why not just put it in a checked bag?

Exactly what Best Aunt said, I would worry that it would be hot mess by the time I got it back.

This is OT, but FYI...I have TSA pre-check and leaving MCO in early December on a Saturday is the longest pre-check wait I've ever had. My friend was in the regular security line and that took almost an hour. The pre-check line I was in took 20 minutes! I didn't have a problem with them checking the food in my carryon, but that didn't seem to help.

I made the shirts from the pumpkin stencils that FoxC63 posted (on page 199). I experimented a bit and decided that I didn't want the ghosts too white so that they looked more "transparent." I ended up using one coat of white paint, one coat of silver glitter paint, and two coats of glow-in-the-dark paint. My husband and son are happy with them. The one wrinkled a bit and I might remake it, but we'll see if I find the time.

I made this sweatshirt last year for a Haunted House night near where we live. Hmmm.... maybe I'll make the tshirt version for our September trip? :scratchin:scratchin:scratchin I used glow in the dark paint too.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/26JNP2h']
[/url]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter