"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I just got another call from Disney, guest relations this time with the same message that everyone else has been getting re: the parade viewing. Not sure why they called me again, since there was no new info. I guess I'm just automatically on their list and they wouldn't know another team has already contacted me.

So for those who may not have gotten a call yet, they are still working on it.

Details sounded the same as everyone else got. She specifically said check-in between 4:30 and 6:30 and when I double confirmed that time, she said the party doesn't officially start until, so if you don't get there until that time, not an issue to go to check-in then. She did not offer which parade would have the viewing and when I asked her words were "probably the 1st one, they haven't told us for sure". She went on to say that won't be confirmed until they finalize the timing.

If I check in earlier will I possibly get a better seat at the party?

If I check in earlier will I possibly get a better seat at the party?

Who the heck knows. I'm pretty sure, under normal circumstances, that the seating will be assigned well ahead of check-in time.

At this point, I'll just be happy to have a seat with some desserts without mass confusion.

And I'm still waiting on my fastpass. :earboy2:

FWIW, the normal version of the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party has tables assigned on a first come, first served basis. They used to pre-assign tables in prior iterations of this party, but that isn’t the case these days.

Granted, anything can happen for the MNSSHP Tomorrowland Terrace parties.

I've never attended a dessert party, but I thought that they stopped reserving tables a year ago? That it is based on first come, first served. Please chime in because I am at a loss as well. Thank you!

FWIW, the normal version of the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party has tables assigned on a first come, first served basis. They used to pre-assign tables in prior iterations of this party, but that isn’t the case these days.

Granted, anything can happen for the MNSSHP Tomorrowland Terrace parties.

I thought I saw somewhere in the description of the Hallowishes form of the party that they were pre-assigned. Not that I take their website descriptions at face value. And of course that was the version that said we had parade viewing in the first place, so ya, I'm thinking pre-assigned is probably not a thing anymore for this version of the party.

I've never attended a dessert party, but I thought that they stopped reserving tables a year ago? That it is based on first come, first served. Please chime in because I am at a loss as well. Thank you!
Last year at the Holiday Wishes dessert party they didn't have assigned tables, but they walked us to a table and they weren't letting people choose tables. One family got irate and they stormed off because they didn't like their seats. They had better seats than us lol.

I know I'm not the OP, but the time we are allowed into MK has not been established. That will take place during the first party and without notice.
You’re correct that the time allowed has not officially been posted but, since it’s been 4:00 for as long as I can remember and, those receiving callbacks about the dessert parties are being told they can check in at 4:30, I feel 4:00 entry with a party ticket is a fair assumption.

So I'm doing EMM and MNSSHP on the same day (Sept 9). I'm feeling relatively fine about this, as I did 7 am EMH - midnight for a Christmas party last December with a TS meal at Skipper Canteen mid-afternoon. It was a long day, but I had a blast. I currently have a 2:30 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. I'm now concerned that that will be too much food, relatively skewed towards the beginning of the day. Wondering if I should drop a table service ADR and just hit some quick service items that have been on my bucket list.

Thoughts? Experience? I think having the table service meal in December helped my energy level. Wondering if I take my time at QS if that would be enough of a recharge. Would you keep the TS meal in the afternoon, after the breakfast buffet included with EMM?
I would as it will help you recharge your batteries so to speak. with QS you will be less likely to rest as long

So you have no park ticket for your party day but were able to book FP's correct? Sorry just back from a week at the beach and this thread has exploded - we are not doing a dessert party so I am skimming. SUPER EXCITED that BTMRR was able to be FP'd as it is my favorite ride and we will not be spending a day at MK only a party.

Since you were able to book your FP at 3:20 - does that mean you will be allowed in before 4pm OR you get in at 4pm and boogie to your first FP?

THANKS!!
Yes, you’re correct. The only tickets we have linked to our profile are the MNSSHP tickets. (Short, surprise trip and other days we will be at the water parks.)

I booked 3:20 with the plan to enter as close to 4:00 as possible and boogie it to SDMT. Guessing we could use the 15 min grace window if we need to but hoping not to need it.

So it looks as if Thunder is not going to be open during the party. What time do they closed the non-participating attractions and what is the latest you can get in line for them?
Since the park closes to day guests at 6:00 I would anticipate that the rides that are not open during the party will also close at 6:00. That being said, if they treat these like other Disney rides at park closing, as long as you are in line before 6pm you will be allowed to ride.

Even better!!

And because it was at 3:45 last year, I've been suggesting those on the itinerary thread to arrive between 3:15-3:30 which is really dependent on the crowd level and their overall plans. Many have expressed being the very first in line which arriving at 3:15 might make that happen. We'll see how they do. Fingers crossed!

Guessing we could use the 15 min grace window if we need to but hoping not to need it.

Fair warning, the grace period may or may not be given especially during MNSSHP. It is up to the ride CM if they choose to allow it. This has been going on for the past few years now. YMMV!

I thought I saw somewhere in the description of the Hallowishes form of the party that they were pre-assigned. Not that I take their website descriptions at face value. And of course that was the version that said we had parade viewing in the first place, so ya, I'm thinking pre-assigned is probably not a thing anymore for this version of the party.
Under Know before you go:
Pre-assigned seating is available at the dessert party—every table has great views of Cinderella Castle.

So is it preassigned once you check in? :scratchin

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can transfer a Halloween Party Ticket? I am trying to figure out how to sell it. The friend that was attending our trip with us, will no longer be going. Its just one childs ticket for 10/31/18. I wasnt sure if I could even transfer it. Not looking to make a profit, would even sell for a little less to get rid of it! Any suggestions, or does anyone know if its possible?

Got my call yesterday for parade viewing attached to the Terrace dessert party. Pretty much word for word what was reported before; my party is on 9/16.

Called back to get info on times, etc and the CM had no idea what I was talking about, but there was a note on my reservation to have me talk to the original CM who called me. So I was transferred over to her, and she reiterated what everyone else has been saying—check in starting at 4:30 at the Terrace and they’ll give further info about where the parade viewing is and what time to show up for it, it is for the first parade and that is currently scheduled for 9:15.

@maryr1oz she wasn’t sure if they were calling internationally, but said you can call in with your reservation number for the dessert party and there should be a note attached to your account if you get the parade viewing too. The number I called was 1-407-939-7838. She also offered to check for me if I gave her your name but I didn’t know it, so you could have someone call for you and check too, it sounds like.

You're amazing - thank you so much for asking! I have to call regarding something else soon, so i'll be sure to mention it!! :worship::worship::worship:

Fair warning, the grace period may or may not be given especially during MNSSHP. It is up to the ride CM if they choose to allow it. This has been going on for the past few years now. YMMV!
FPs are not available during the party so we will be there during normal park hours when we are using our FPs. I have never heard of anyone ever being turned away from their FP window as long as they arrive no earlier than 5 mins before their FP begins or within 15 mins after a FP ends. This window is preprogrammed into the Disney system and not up to CMs to decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter