"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

My son is really wanting to dress up as Kylo Ren for Halloween this year. This would be a perfect family costume for us as my husband could be Han Solo and I could be Princess Leia. *But* will he be miserably hot dressed head to toe in black long sleeves and pants? Our Halloween party is October 23rd. He did dress as Darth Vader at a Halloween party in Disneyland and wasn't terribly hot, but it does tend to cool off a bit in the evenings in California.
Weather is so unpredictable. I would say carry an extra black tshirt with you that he could change to if he gets hot.

My son is really wanting to dress up as Kylo Ren for Halloween this year. This would be a perfect family costume for us as my husband could be Han Solo and I could be Princess Leia. *But* will he be miserably hot dressed head to toe in black long sleeves and pants? Our Halloween party is October 23rd. He did dress as Darth Vader at a Halloween party in Disneyland and wasn't terribly hot, but it does tend to cool off a bit in the evenings in California.
I went around that time last year. We saw people wearing really heavy costumes, and I was in shorts and a button down shirt and was hot...it will be cooler than September! The evening will be comfortable but those first few hours you're allowed in the park you might need to take breaks from the hood/mask ;)

Weather is so unpredictable. I would say carry an extra black tshirt with you that he could change to if he gets hot.

My son was Knave of Hearts last year, photos of his costume can be viewed here:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-4#post-59068674"]“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines - Post #75[/URL]

I totally agree with @dachsie regarding Florida's weather being unpredictable. On October 25, 2017 we saw the temps drop 64°/63° down to 42° at night on Halloween. Granted you're referring to October 23rd @dachsie recommendation to include an alternative costume is sound.
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/page-101#post-58320976"]MNSSHP 2017 Itinerary Thread Post #2016[/URL]

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who participates in these threads because the last 2 parties my family & I attended were great thanks to all of the information and tips I found on these threads.

Trying to prep for this year, I came back to lurk and went through every single page because I saw the Disney Food Blog say that 4pm entrance for parties might change this year? And I figured if anyone had the scoop, it would be this board.

Unfortunately nothing seems to be concrete but I saw in this thread that sending in messages to WDW could never hurt, so I did so, asking about Big Thunder and the 4pm entrance time and I got a response today I wanted to share, even though it's not really providing a concrete answer:

Dear Sonia,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We're so excited that you'll be coming to see us! While Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is not currently mentioned on the list of attractions open during the event, that could change as we get closer to the event. Also, keep in mind that the list is only meant to highlight some of the rides and attractions that will be included during the event, and is not meant to be a complete manifest.

While the party officially begins at 7pm, historically guests have been allowed to enter Magic Kingdom Park as early as 4pm. There has not been any announcement indicating a change in this practice for 2018. The time the park closes for non-party guests has changed, however. In the past, Magic Kingdom Park has closed at the same time the party began, 7pm. To help clear out the park more efficiently, Magic Kingdom Park will be closing at 6pm on event days. Guests will need a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket to remain in the park after 6pm. Perhaps this is what caused confusion and led to the information you heard.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-***-**** and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Watson Collins
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I wasn't sure if providing the phone number was ok or not so I edited it out. Again, nothing concrete but I was happy to get a personalized response that suggests someone at least read my message and the concern is noted.

Thanks again to everyone on this board and in this thread!

Sonia

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who participates in these threads because the last 2 parties my family & I attended were great thanks to all of the information and tips I found on these threads.

Trying to prep for this year, I came back to lurk and went through every single page because I saw the Disney Food Blog say that 4pm entrance for parties might change this year? And I figured if anyone had the scoop, it would be this board.

Unfortunately nothing seems to be concrete but I saw in this thread that sending in messages to WDW could never hurt, so I did so, asking about Big Thunder and the 4pm entrance time and I got a response today I wanted to share, even though it's not really providing a concrete answer:

Dear Sonia,

We're so excited that you'll be coming to see us! While Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is not currently mentioned on the list of attractions open during the event, that could change as we get closer to the event. Also, keep in mind that the list is only meant to highlight some of the rides and attractions that will be included during the event, and is not meant to be a complete manifest.

While the party officially begins at 7pm, historically guests have been allowed to enter Magic Kingdom Park as early as 4pm. There has not been any announcement indicating a change in this practice for 2018. The time the park closes for non-party guests has changed, however. In the past, Magic Kingdom Park has closed at the same time the party began, 7pm. To help clear out the park more efficiently, Magic Kingdom Park will be closing at 6pm on event days. Guests will need a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket to remain in the park after 6pm. Perhaps this is what caused confusion and led to the information you heard.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-***-**** and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Watson Collins

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I wasn't sure if providing the phone number was ok or not so I edited it out. Again, nothing concrete but I was happy to get a personalized response that suggests someone at least read my message and the concern is noted.

Sonia

Congrats on your first post. I look forward to seeing many more from you. I hope we all get Big Thunder for our parties.

Sonia

First time posting!!! Well now, :welcome: to the party and the DIS!!! Thanks for sharing your letter! Phone numbers are always welcomed and a useful resource. :-)

Dear Sonia,

Sincerely,

Watson Collins

Sonia
I think that is the most directly answered question I have ever seen in a Disney email. Lol

Dessert party update-Details loaded, no times yet, so it's coming! AND, 2 different ones, 1 with parade view! :maleficen

All that page says about the Hallowishes Dessert Party is that it will be on select nights. It doesn’t say anything about the parade viewing that Tish posted. I think she saw something somewhere else.

ETA: I found on the main MNSSHP page on the WDW website where it says reserved spots. Thank you for the heads up, TISHLOVESDISNEY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter