"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I was pirate Ariel at the last d23. Those green mermaid leggings, flip flops, pirate hat, corset, a fishing net for a skirt with a sea star fastener and a Sebastian.

This year my boyfriend is going as jack Sparrow and I'm dressing as the redhead from the ride.

Can't wait to see these photos!

So I am curious to know why a CM party date is an issue. Is it more likely to sell out?

It's not about CM's, its has to do with all the discounted parties combined, AP CM and Military. Usually those that share the same date have a trend of being busier and/or sold out. Though this didn't happen last year but we also saw severe weather early on, Hurricane Irma and another bout of severe weather all of which impacted the overall crowds during the parties.

It's not about CM's, its has to do with all the discounted parties combined, AP CM and Military. Usually those that share the same date have a trend of being busier and/or sold out. Though this didn't happen last year but we also saw severe weather early on, Hurricane Irma and another bout of severe weather all of which impacted the overall crowds during the parties.

Okay, that makes even more sense. Thank you for the information. Knowing that I'm not sure many of us have a choice. Looking at my own dates in September, I have one single date offered (9/20). Guess that means if I want to go I better not wait too long.

Thanks again!

Okay, that makes even more sense. Thank you for the information. Knowing that I'm not sure many of us have a choice. Looking at my own dates in September, I have one single date offered (9/20). Guess that means if I want to go I better not wait too long.

Thanks again!
9/20 is a DAH nite - you might want to check your dates again

My family will probably be doing a party for the first time this year! We have 2 party dates available when we're staying, Friday, Sept. 21 or Sunday, Sept. 23 and are leaning towards the 23, just because my mom wants to go to the Spirit of Aloha dinner and we're doing that on Friday, so we'd have to move it or just not go. But we're probably going to wait to buy our tickets until we get a little closer because my mom is concerned about the weather

My family will probably be doing a party for the first time this year! We have 2 party dates available when we're staying, Friday, Sept. 21 or Sunday, Sept. 23 and are leaning towards the 23, just because my mom wants to go to the Spirit of Aloha dinner and we're doing that on Friday, so we'd have to move it or just not go. But we're probably going to wait to buy our tickets until we get a little closer because my mom is concerned about the weather
Friday would probably be more crowded than Sunday

9/20 is a DAH nite - you might want to check your dates again
Yes! You are right. I'm looking at too many things at once. We are looking at DAH (9/20) or MNSSHP (which technically is offered 3X during our stay). Still, should settle on what we are going to do and not take for granted that there will still be availability when we arrive at WDW.

Yes! You are right. I'm looking at too many things at once. We are looking at DAH (9/20) or MNSSHP (which technically is offered 3X during our stay). Still, should settle on what we are going to do and not take for granted that there will still be availability when we arrive at WDW.
Are you wanting to pick one of the other? Or can you do both?

So is a CM date typically wall to wall people, even early on, and on a weeknight? The only night that works for us is August 28th and I figured that it was good because it was midweek, schools were back in session, etc.... We don't plan on going out of our way to see many characters, and will skip trick or treating, as it's a Universal week for us and it's our only time at WDW, so the focus will instead be on rides, rides, rides along with a parade and fireworks. Likelihood that it will be wall to wall people with significant ride time waits?

Are you wanting to pick one of the other? Or can you do both?
Good question. I am debating it. My DH and I want to do MNSSHP for certain. Then the DAH dates released and one fell in our time in WDW. It's more $$ to add to the cost of our vacation but everything I'm hearing makes it seem so worth it. Oddly enough the focus park of our trip is Epcot because of F&W. At this point I'm at about 60/40 (leaning toward doing both). Just haven't pulled the trigger to buy the tickets.

Edit: Small clarification - I bought the MNSSHP tickets. We are going 9/14. There are 2 other dates offered during our stay. 9/18 is not doable because we'll be at Epcot celebrating our anniversary (he proposed to me during Illuminations). And 9/16 I am using as a back up date if I have to switch the date for whatever reason (presuming it doesn't sell out).

Last edited:
Good question. I am debating it. My DH and I want to do MNSSHP for certain. Then the DAH dates released and one fell in our time in WDW. It's more $$ to add to the cost of our vacation but everything I'm hearing makes it seem so worth it. Oddly enough the focus park of our trip is Epcot because of F&W. At this point I'm at about 60/40 (leaning toward doing both). Just haven't pulled the trigger to buy the tickets.

Edit: Small clarification - I bought the MNSSHP tickets. We are going 9/14. There are 2 other dates offered during our stay. 9/18 is not doable because we'll be at Epcot celebrating our anniversary (he proposed to me during Illuminations). And 9/16 I am using as a back up date if I have to switch the date for whatever reason (presuming it doesn't sell out).
Okay that makes more sense. When we did DAH we got rid of one of our park tickets to try and offset the price of the tickets for DAH. So instead of 4 day tickets we went down to 3 and added the DAH tickets. I 100% think DAH is worth the money and I wish there were some dates in October because I would buy those tickets in a second!

I’m not sure where you got yours from but I ordered mine directly from Disney by phone and they were mailed out to BC without any extra charge for shipping.

I ordered directly from the disney website like usual and always pay for the shipping as it shows that, if I had known I wouldn't have been paying this year or previous years.

This really stinks! You can ask for hard tickets at your resort and at any Guest Relations. They make for a nice souvenir and can be added to your scrapbook as well.

I finally received them after having to call Disney and cancel the old ones and have new ones reissued, which UPS lost again but were actually found this time. I know that you can get them when you get there but I like having them in advance, I unfortunately always pay the $25 to have them shipped. This was the first time I've ever had an issue with receiving them but then again they usually send via Fedex and have to sign for them. That is one of my little quirks while planning, it drives my DH crazy, lol.

When did they start closing BTM during the parties, when we went in 2015 it was open and my DD loved it at night however when we went in 2016 it was down for refurbishment for my whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter