"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

ugh! Sorry you’re going through that! Hope they find them soon.

I’m happy with just the electronic tickets. Was just wondering about the mailing to ensure little eyes don’t see them.

They arrive in the US in a plain white envelope. Just received mine last week. Same when ordering items from the stores. The box is plain. :-)

My experience is they won't just mail them to us in Canada without paying the $25 shipping fee, which I pay because I like having the hard ticket however they usually send via fedex so you have to sign. This year they sent via UPS and I have yet to receive them as they said they left them at my front door and did not and am fighting to find them with UPS right now.

This really stinks! You can ask for hard tickets at your resort and at any Guest Relations. They make for a nice souvenir and can be added to your scrapbook as well.

Weird question:

We'll be staying at Universal and then moving to Disney for the week, starting with the Halloween party. We're planning on getting ready before we leave our US hotel (we're not doing costumes, just dressing to fit the Halloween theme) and then dropping our stuff off at Pop. If our room isn't ready, are there outlets in the lobby restroom if my wife needs to touch up her hair?

Weird question:

We'll be staying at Universal and then moving to Disney for the week, starting with the Halloween party. We're planning on getting ready before we leave our US hotel (we're not doing costumes, just dressing to fit the Halloween theme) and then dropping our stuff off at Pop. If our room isn't ready, are there outlets in the lobby restroom if my wife needs to touch up her hair?

Yes. We always arrive mid morning (~9 am) to both US and WDW. Rooms is only ready 1/2 the time. We pack our clothes for first day at top of suitcase, change in lobby restroom, then check luggage into conceirge then off to the park!

As to those in Canada who have received Hard Tickets, I think it is only if you order over the phone. If you order online then they are automatically connected to your MDE and there is no reason to mail them out.

As to those in Canada who have received Hard Tickets, I think it is only if you order over the phone. If you order online then they are automatically connected to your MDE and there is no reason to mail them out.
This was my question. I am Canadian and ordered mine online on Tues, Apr 24th. They were automatically added to my MDE. I was wondering if I should be on the lookout for hard tickets or if the MDE version was all I would get?

This was my question. I am Canadian and ordered mine online on Tues, Apr 24th. They were automatically added to my MDE. I was wondering if I should be on the lookout for hard tickets or if the MDE version was all I would get?
I am canadian and ordered them online. They were automatically added to MDE. I also received them by e-mail (with the barcodes). I remember a place where you could choose shipping method but e-mail was chosen automatically. Maybe you didn’t realize and you got them by e-mail as well. I can’t remember what the other shipping methods were and what costs were associated if any.

I am canadian and ordered them online. They were automatically added to MDE. I also received them by e-mail (with the barcodes). I remember a place where you could choose shipping method but e-mail was chosen automatically. Maybe you didn’t realize and you got them by e-mail as well. I can’t remember what the other shipping methods were and what costs were associated if any.
THANK YOU!! You're quite right that I did get an email with barcodes. Just found it in my emails filed for our August trip.

The day I booked the tickets was a crazy one as it was the day Free Dining dropped. I was booking 2 Disney trips for us plus trips for 3 friends so the emails were flying.

Thanks for letting me know. I can stop watching the mail now. :)

Yes. We always arrive mid morning (~9 am) to both US and WDW. Rooms is only ready 1/2 the time. We pack our clothes for first day at top of suitcase, change in lobby restroom, then check luggage into conceirge then off to the park!

Thanks so much. She was worried about doing her hair before checking out at CB and not having any options if it gets messed up on our way over. We went to MVMCP last year and came from an island condo. Her hair got really windblown on the ferry ride over and we had to make an emergency stop at a Dunkin Donuts for touch ups. We figured an Uber ride was a lot calmer than a ferry ride, but wanted to make sure there was an option for a quick touch up if needed!

Have folks had success meeting both Jack Skellington and the Seven Dwarves in one night? Strategies for minimal waits?

Have folks had success meeting both Jack Skellington and the Seven Dwarves in one night? Strategies for minimal waits?

Though I have never tried as I am not into the character meets I would guess one option that would work well is doing one at the beginning and then one at the end of the night. I think that's what I would do if I was doing it.

I have been watching to make an ADR for the Plaza toward the beginning of our party. On the first page, it only shows BOG, CP and CRT as table service available during the party. Can anyone confirm that the Plaza will not be open/available for ADRs during the party? TIA!

There might be a good strat but it depends on timing. Check back here after the first party, if skellington starts to meet early, and his time does change year to year, you might be able to be one of the first to meet him then make it to the dwarves after and not miss too much party time.

I have been watching to make an ADR for the Plaza toward the beginning of our party. On the first page, it only shows BOG, CP and CRT as table service available during the party. Can anyone confirm that the Plaza will not be open/available for ADRs during the party? TIA!
Last year, only BoG, CP, and CRT were open during the party.

We did that last year. We lined up for Jack and Sally at 3:45 and finished meeting them at 5:10. When we finished we dashed over to the dwarves and finished meeting them right around 7.

Saw that Disney After Hours were just announced for one of the days of our trip. We are already scheduled for a MNSSHP, but would consider changing because it appears that BTMRR won't be open for the Halloween Party. I'd love to hear opinions from people that have done both MNSSHP and DAH about the relative merits of each party!

TIA!

Saw that Disney After Hours were just announced for one of the days of our trip. We are already scheduled for a MNSSHP, but would consider changing because it appears that BTMRR won't be open for the Halloween Party. I'd love to hear opinions from people that have done both MNSSHP and DAH about the relative merits of each party!

TIA!
I may not be the person you're looking to hear from as I haven't done either but I've heard they only sell 2000 tickets for a DAH party. I would base my decision on what's most important - rides or special characters/events. Just my .02

With the DAH party, you get to eat all the ice cream treats and beverages. I for one could not eat ice cream that late at night and at least with candy, you can eat it everyday. Also, I would not change my plans just because one ride might be closed. Look at cost vs. hours of party time. BUTi if BTMRR is open for the DAH, why is it closed for MNSSHP? Disney has something planned???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter