"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going as little mermaid characters and DH is going as King Triton. Is a beard/ mustache wig considered a mask? Will he be allowed to wear it?

I'm planning on going to the DL party next year. Do you have any tips/can you point me in the right direction for research? Also, do you think one party is enough or should I be trying for two? Next year is probably going to be our only time experiencing DL Halloween. As things stand, we're only going to be there on Halloween itself but I'm debating adding an extra day at the front end (we're already planning on two days in November). I've researched the heck out of the WDW Halloween party, and I've been a number of times but I'm a little at a loss with DL.

The DL boards on this site are wonderful wealth of information and even after doing a few parties before I became aware of the DisBoards I was able to learn a lot of tips and tricks that I wouldnt have thought of. you can find more info here than I could even contain in a single post.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-time-mickeys-halloween-party-thread.3607596/

and here is last years thread which on post 1-5 has a crazy amount of info

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...halloweentime-starts-sept-9-sold-out.3526615/

The DL boards on this site are wonderful wealth of information and even after doing a few parties before I became aware of the DisBoards I was able to learn a lot of tips and tricks that I wouldnt have thought of. you can find more info here than I could even contain in a single post.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-time-mickeys-halloween-party-thread.3607596/

and here is last years thread which on post 1-5 has a crazy amount of info

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...halloweentime-starts-sept-9-sold-out.3526615/

Thanks!

I sadly pulled my Belle Dress from my suitcase and put away my plans for that night. My flight out of Atlanta on tuesday was cancelled (was changed from Monday) so now no 9/12 Halloween Party for me.

I couldn't get another flight out until Thursday either - depending on what the damage is I may just completely cancel flying and drive to Orlando on Wednesday. At this point, I feel like I need to repack so I can remove whatever else I won't need from my luggage.

So far I haven't called DVC Member Services to deal with my resort and ask for credit of the halloween party ticket since I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Be Safe everyone and have a great time at your parties!

My kids and I got back yesterday from a short, last minute trip where we went to the party on 9/7. We're from the Houston area so we left to do something fun to get our minds off Harvey. Luckily we were able to get home before Irma but my mom and DH were pretty worried that we would get stuck in Orlando.

Anyway, the party was great! No rain, except for a little bit just before the party started. My kids only cared about candy and rides so we were never really in front of the castle. I want to echo other suggestions of TOT later in the night. At 7, the CoP TOT line was really long and it moved slowly. We started at 8:30 and the lines were shorter and moved quickly.

If you have paper tickets, there are CMs moving through the lines with scanners to exchange the paper for a plastic ticket. I have never been able to get MVMCP or MNSSHP tickets to work using my magic band, even though the tickets are linked in MDE, so being able to exchange our tickets right there in line was so convenient.

We were let in at 3:45 and it was crazy trying to get our wristbands. It was like a free-for-all. I wish there was a way for Disney to distribute the wristbands a little more efficiently at the entrance. I know we could have waited and gotten them elsewhere in the park, but I wanted to see the bypass and go right to the party merchandise, so we needed to get them then. The bypass was really no big deal. There was 1 Photopass spot and some statues of characters dressed for Halloween that were cute. CMs were handing out TOT bags, plus the allergy bags.

We went straight to Storybook Circus so the kids could go on Barnstormer. I went into Big Top Souvenirs and there was no line at all for merchandise. I bought a MNSSHP passholder shirt but was never asked to see my AP. I don't know if that's the norm or not?

Ride lines were so short! We never waited more than 10 minutes for a ride. SDMT said it was a 20 minute wait but it was more like 10. This was before the first parade. My kids went on SM 4 times in a row because the line was only 5 minutes. While I was waiting for them, the fireworks started, so I got to see some of them. As the fireworks show was ending, we made our way over to SDMT again. While we were walking the finale started and it was so loud, but really neat because the fireworks were all around us. The wait for SDMT was only 10 minutes, but when we got off it was up to 50 minutes.

My 13 year old DD has high functioning autism so I wasn't sure how she would handle all the noise and external stimuli. At about 8:30 she was starting to get edgy and irritable so we went TOT in Philharmagic. I suggested she stay and watch The Legend of Sleepy Hollow while I took DS to get him something to eat. We went to Frontierland and noticed that about 30 minutes before the start of the parade there were a lot of front row spots available.

After he ate we went back to DD, who was ready for more rides. Staying in Philharmagic was perfect for her because it was quiet and low-key, just what she needed to recharge and get through the rest of the night. It's a great resting spot for young kids, anyone with special needs or for someone who just wants to get out of the heat and noise.

We did everything that we wanted to do except to see the madams by the HM. We couldn't find them. Are they located inside the entrance to HM, like where the Photopass lines are for the lantern and hearse?

I wanted to get some Photopass shots, but it was really humid, the lines were long and my kids are at the ages where pictures annoy them so they're not the most cooperative. We left as the 2nd parade was on Main Street so we avoided the lines for the buses and managed to get on one right away.

I really didn't make a plan because we were just doing rides, but I do think one is necessary if you want characters, the parade and fireworks. It was fun to just wing it. I haven't done that in a Disney park in years.

One more thing. On the MNSSHP map it said that The Friar's Nook would be open, but it wasn't. Not sure why, but all its windows were closed.

All in all it was a really good, fun night. Even though we didn't do most of the party specific things, it was still fun being in the Halloween atmosphere.

We stayed at POFQ. It's one of my favorites and I like walking around the resort. I didn't see any decorations on windows at all. We were there Sept 5-8.

If you have paper tickets, there are CMs moving through the lines with scanners to exchange the paper for a plastic ticket. I have never been able to get MVMCP or MNSSHP tickets to work using my magic band, even though the tickets are linked in MDE, so being able to exchange our tickets right there in line was so convenient.

I've never heard of them doing this before so thanks for the update.

We did everything that we wanted to do except to see the madams by the HM. We couldn't find them. Are they located inside the entrance to HM, like where the Photopass lines are for the lantern and hearse?

Madame Carlotta or Madame Rinotta (rotate throughout the night) are located at Haunted Mansion front lawn. They do have a set schedule, sorry you missed them.

upload_2017-9-10_1-4-52.png

Annnnnd heres my Halloween Disney Outfit for our Nonparty Magic Kingdom Day!

View attachment 268408

I work at Target and can't escape there without at least 2 bags of stuff each shift.
Annnnnd heres my Halloween Disney Outfit for our Nonparty Magic Kingdom Day!

View attachment 268408

I work at Target and can't escape there without at least 2 bags of stuff each shift.

Adorable!! Are the headband ears from Target also? tia!

I've never heard of them doing this before so thanks for the update.

Madame Carlotta or Madame Rinotta (rotate throughout the night) are located at Haunted Mansion front lawn. They do have a set schedule, sorry you missed them.

View attachment 268417

OK, so that's inside the line entrance gates, right? It's been awhile since I've been on HM so I'm having trouble picturing it. DH and I are attending the 10/24 party without kids so I want to make sure I'm in the right spot to see them. Is their schedule posted somewhere that I missed? I didn't see it on the map.

OK, so that's inside the line entrance gates, right? It's been awhile since I've been on HM so I'm having trouble picturing it. DH and I are attending the 10/24 party without kids so I want to make sure I'm in the right spot to see them. Is their schedule posted somewhere that I missed? I didn't see it on the map.

I'll see if I can locate more photos to give you a visual but over on my planning thread on [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587115"]Post #3[/URL] the hours are posted however it's 2016, no one has confirmed their hours for 2017.

Watch this, it shows you exactly where she goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter