"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can wear lights. Was at last nights party (Oct10th) and saw a few with light up parts. Even saw a couple totally covered in string lights. Also the usual strollers covered all over with string lots too.

GREAT! Thank you so much for your reply! I'm so excited!!!! My Tinkerbell is going to look awesome!!!

We're going on 10/24. I am so excited. We'll be monster's inc - with my husband in a Sully onesie costume :rotfl2: My DS (3) is so excited to be Mike. Are the allergy candies with the trick or treating lines? My DD (1) has a peanut allergy, so we want to avoid anything that may get her sick. This will be my 3rd halloween party, and since I do not think we will be waiting in character lines, we should have a good time riding rides, eating, watching fireworks and parade

We will be there the same night! I will keep an eye out for the Monster's Inc. family. We will all be wearing orange pumpkin T-shirts! There are seven of us including the grandparents.

How far back can the Hocus Pocus show be viewed? MY DD wants to try and watch the last show of the night but I know everyone will be tired-is there anywhere elevated further back so we can stop and view a little without walking in front of others trying to find a spot?
We stood in the grass area in front of Casey's and saw just fine. I wouldn't suggest that far back for kids though.

Back from the 10-6 Party.
We've been to 6-7 Parties over the years, this one was the least attended. Maybe the lack of ticket discounts kept it that way, but it was pretty quiet. That was a nice, pleasant surprise.

My wife and I were Ariel and Sebastian. The CM's loved the Sebastian outfit, I was given a most creative costume badge entering the park. Other CM's took photos stating they have a daily contest to see who found the best costume of the night. I didn't tell them that other CM's had already taken the photo for the same thing. The costume was modified last minute as I had long sleeves on under the costume, and it was just too hot. Another partier dressed as a chef loved the costume and lots of photos were taken.

My wife had knee surgery earlier this year and aggravated the injury on the trip, so she went the wheelchair route for the party.

Most, if not all rides were walk on all night.
We walked back to the candy station under the big top, looked over at the 7 Dwarves line, and couldn't believe there were only 4 families in it. It took 10 minutes tops around 10:00 PM. The line for Ariel was also short, but we had to wait out the character break.

Candy was generous, our bags were nearly full from only half of the treat stations. The last parade was delayed a bit, but good areas to view could still be found in Liberty Square at 11:00.

All in all, it was a great time. We'll be booking the same party for 2018. Hopefully next time a bus will actually come to OKW to take folks to the party. Not one bus showed from 6:25-7:00 or after. By then, we had Ubered to the park.
Please post a picture of your costume!!!

Another one for the 10/24 party. I'll be on the look out for the Monsters Family, Orange Pumpkin T-Shirt Family and the Villain T-Shirt & Tiara Group. :-)
(I'll be in an orange mickey shaped candy corn shirt and Halloween ears. DH will just be in a mickey heads shirt).

I'll be there that night too! My friends and I will be in matching grey/purple villian tshirts with purple tiaras :)

Another one for the 10/24 party. I'll be on the look out for the Monsters Family, Orange Pumpkin T-Shirt Family and the Villain T-Shirt & Tiara Group. :-)
(I'll be in an orange mickey shaped candy corn shirt and Halloween ears. DH will just be in a mickey heads shirt).

Come up and say hi if you see us - we are super nice! I probably won't notice anyone because I have three small kiddos but would love to meet other DISers if we are spotted.

Technical questions :) Our intent is to go to be able to get on rides and enjoy the park - not for the halloween aspect. So we won't be in costumes, but will partake in any goodies that may come our way. Should we bring a bag to collect those goodies or is something provided?

Technical questions :) Our intent is to go to be able to get on rides and enjoy the park - not for the halloween aspect. So we won't be in costumes, but will partake in any goodies that may come our way. Should we bring a bag to collect those goodies or is something provided?
I believe everyone gets a treat bag to use, at least that's how it was a few years ago.

Come up and say hi if you see us - we are super nice! I probably won't notice anyone because I have three small kiddos but would love to meet other DISers if we are spotted.

Same for me! We'll be in a group of 11, with a 3 year old Mike and 1 year old Boo. I'm sure i'll be in my own world...trying to convince my mom that my kids do not need more ice cream :)

You'll receive a small plastic bag when you get your party wrist band. Some people like to bring bigger bags.

When is the best time to ride HM during the party, crowd-wise? Is there any real difference if we ride it just before the party starts (between 6-7) versus after the party starts?

Also, a second question - I've seen lots of suggestions to watch the parade from Frontierland, but I can't figure out how to make this work with also seeing the fireworks in front of the castle. Is it better to watch the 9:15 parade from Frontierland then hustle over to the Hub to watch fireworks, or watch the 10:15 fireworks and then hustle back to catch the 11:15 parade?

Thanks!

Last edited:
When is the best time to ride HM during the party, crowd-wise? Is there any real difference if we ride it just before the party starts (between 6-7) versus after the party starts?

Also, a second question - I've seen lots of suggestions to watch the parade from Frontierland, but I can't figure out how to make this work with also seeing the fireworks in front of the castle. Is it better to watch the 9:15 parade from Frontierland then hustle over to the Hub to watch fireworks, or watch the 10:15 fireworks and then hustle back to catch the 11:15 parade?

Thanks!

Before 7 is not a great time to ride HM. The fog effects most likely won't be started, the ghosts won't be out front to entertain and all the CMs won't have their extra make up on yet.

I would ride it during the parade that you aren't going to watch.

Go ahead and watch either parade that you want. Watch the fireworks from the fenced in grassy area in front of Casey's. It usually stays somewhat empty right up until fireworks start.

We will be attending the Nov 1st party. 4 adults and DS7. I spent weeks trying to come up with a costume theme for the family. I knew I wanted DS in full costume, but figured the adults would prefer something basic.

I was about to give up and then DS's 1st grade project gave me inspiration. Typical beginning of the year project - he had to bring three items that fit into a paper lunch bag to share with his class. One of his selections was a small Sorcerer Mickey that we purchased on our last Disney trip. That day I googled villains in Fantasmic and found some great villain shirts on Etsy. Found DS a sorcerer mickey costume (Etsy and Amazon) and costumes are now complete.

IMG_4958v1.jpg

DS is pretty excited to be able to "battle" his parents and grandparents.:smickey:

We're going on 10/24. I am so excited. We'll be monster's inc - with my husband in a Sully onesie costume :rotfl2: My DS (3) is so excited to be Mike.

We will be there the same night! I will keep an eye out for the Monster's Inc. family. We will all be wearing orange pumpkin T-shirts! There are seven of us including the grandparents.

I'll be there that night too! My friends and I will be in matching grey/purple villian tshirts with purple tiaras :)

Also in for the 10/24 party!I'll be a Jungle Cruise Skipper! :boat: I'm going to assume everyone I see in Monsters Inc. costumes are from this thread :rotfl:

Super excited!!

Joining family members who already have
Tickets for 10/31. It's sold out. Are there ever tickets available for sold out? Cancellations? Waiting list?

Thank you everyone for the amazing info! Being the ridiculous over planner that I am, I have been following this thread for months and it has been so helpful. I would like to share a little about our experience as we have returned from our 10/5 party.

To preface: The purpose of our trip was to take a Disney Cruise. We decided to do MNSSHP the night before we headed towards the ship. We are cruise people, not park people and have only been to the Magic Kingdom once several years ago when my daughter was little. Therefore our objectives for the trip were to ride rides, get magic shots and enjoy the parade, fireworks and Hocus Pocus show. Our party consisted of myself, my husband and 7 year old.

The forecast was ugly for the night but as others have noted it was beautiful! It misted for maybe 30 minutes and then was perfect the rest of the night. I'm convinced this happened because I was prepared for the rain ;)

We arrived around 3:30 and were let in around 3:50. I had my paper tickets with me even though our tickets were linked in the MDE app. We were given plastic cards after they scanned the papers. We headed for the pumpkin shot on main street which was maybe a 5 minute wait. Then we got a castle shot on main street with about a 2 minute wait.

Ride lines were INSANELY low in my opinion. We rode and rode and rode!
Haunted Mansion - 2 times (4:00 FP and walk on later in the night)
Small World - walk on
Regal Carrousel - walk on
PhilharMagic - walk on
7DMT - 2 times (5:00 FP and 20 minute wait at 9:55)
Under the Sea - walk on
Barnstormer - 10 minutes
Monster's Inc - walk on
Buzz Lightyear - 4 times (10 min the first time and walk on the rest)
Space Mountain - 3 times (15 min, 10 min and 5 min)
Pirates - walk on
Big Thunder Mountain - 3 times, all walk on

We ate at Cosmic Rays around 6:45 which was pretty busy. We hit up a few trick or treat stations. There were lines but they were continually moving so I didn't see it as a problem.

My daughter had no interest in stopping for any of the Halloween activities which made it difficult because I wanted to. I forced her to stop at Frontierland for the second the parade (which she enjoyed). We watched the start of the fireworks from 7DMT and then finished them back there behind the castle. It wasn't my ideal spot but my daughter didn't know what she was missing out on. It was kind of cool to see them from the ride and then having a 360 degree view from behind the castle. We hit up the end of the last Hocus Pocus show which the hub seemed less than half full for.

On our way out (after midnight) we hit up the gift shop, some main street castle shots and the headless horseman shot. We were lucky enough to get to the bus stop when our All Star Music bus was already there. We got back to the resort a little after 1 AM. Whew!

I was disappointed that we didn't get many magic shots. The lines were longer for those than the rides and it just didn't make sense for us to stop. We didn't do any meet n greets as we knew we would have plenty of opportunities on our cruise with the characters we were interested in.

We did get an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket at Frontierland during the second parade. Based on what I read here these are a hot commodity but for anyone cruising it should be noted that you could get these with no problem on the cruise ship. The $1.50 refills applied on the cruise as well which we took advantage of :).

I wasn't too impressed with the Halloween merchandise. I thought I wanted a Hocus Pocus shirt but declined it once we were there. My daughter didn't even ask for any Halloween merch.

I did buy a one day memory maker. You can do this on the app once you have at least one picture that shows up. I purchased it on 10/6 and didn't do any downloads until 10/10.

MCO Organic Security - I can confirm that all food (including candy) in your carry on must be inspected separately by TSA. I had an officer tell me that all airports will have to follow this procedure starting Jan 1st. He said MCO was selected to trial it early. Thanks to these boards I packed our candy in our check in but still had to get out my mints and cough drops to be scanned / swabbed separately.

Thanks again for all of the great info. We had an amazing time! It will be hard for us to return without a party ticket as our ride experience was so unique I can't imagine doing a "regular" park day now!

MCO Organic Security - I can confirm that all food (including candy) in your carry on must be inspected separately by TSA. I had an officer tell me that all airports will have to follow this procedure starting Jan 1st. He said MCO was selected to trial it early. Thanks to these boards I packed our candy in our check in but still had to get out my mints and cough drops to be scanned / swabbed separately.

That's interesting for sure, thanks for the heads up on that part. I wonder if that's going to effect PreCheck too. I had two opened boxes of snack crackers in my backpack. Neither got checked or swabbed at all even though they were no longer sealed. I wonder if they just saw the packaging and assumed it was sealed without actually checking. As an aside, I also thank those who mentioned the extra screening on the candy/food products.

Just went thru TSA Security today at MCO heading home with a string bag with 2 gallon ziplock bags worth of Disney Halloween candy. They didn’t do any extra screening other then the metal detector. I did see other lines there screening peoples food items. I believe we just got lucky that our lane wasn’t participating at that time.

Just went thru TSA Security today at MCO heading home with a string bag with 2 gallon ziplock bags worth of Disney Halloween candy. They didn’t do any extra screening other then the metal detector. I did see other lines there screening peoples food items. I believe we just got lucky that our lane wasn’t participating at that time.

We also went through security at MCO today with Disney candy and no extra search happened. I did have an extra search in Louisville for the trip down as I carry some candy in case my sugar drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter