"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is moving the party from Sunday to Monday because of Columbus Day, flawed logic? Seems to me, it would make more sense to KEEP the party on a Sunday, since most people could sleep in on Monday, their day off, after having been at a party until 12am...or use Monday to travel back home, because they won't have Tuesday off. It doesn't make any sense to me, unless people decide to take the whole week off because they get Monday off anyway. Maybe I'm just not privy to the Disney Powers-That-Be thought processes...

I thought the same thing at first. Then I realized Sunday will likely be a very busy day because of the holiday, especially with the locals. Whether the party is held Sunday or Monday, many tickets will be sold. But park attendance in general is bound to be higher Sunday since many have Monday off. My guess is it would be more profitable to keep MK open to everyone on Sunday night and move the party to Monday.

Does anyone know if any of the places to get the popcorn buckets take gift cards or reward cards? I just found out those are my options for spending money and the popcorn bucket was really the only thing I planned on getting.

I've attended MNSSHP every year since 2013 and I can't wait to go again this year! We're attending October 26 and have a hefty plan but I'm 95% positive we can get it all done. We're APs so we'll be in the park all day.

Here's our schedule:

1:45 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern

Depending on what time it is/wait times/FP+ availability: Ride Haunted Mansion

3:30/3:45 I will line up for Jack and Sally, DBF to nearest wristband station for wristband (what seems closer Tortuga Tavern or Philharmagic?)

He returns to stand in line and I’m off to get my wristband then get in line at Liberty riverboat popcorn stand for Oogie boogie bucket

Hopefully done with Jack and Sally by 5:15

5:15 Head to Storybook Circus to line up for 7 dwarves. Not sure where we’ll be in line since I’m sure the line will have formed by the time we get there. Alternate shopping at Big Top Souvenirs for party merchandise.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) done with Dwarves by 6:30?

6:30 Line up for Cruella

Depending on what time we’re done with Cruella, head to either Cadavar Dans or HM for the Madams/magic shots. If we do HM first, we will head over to Cadavar Dans after.

Trick or Treat on our way to Ariel and Prince Eric to hopefully be arriving early for their 8:50 set.

9:15 Make way to Main Street , trick or treat on way to get Magic shots then find a spot for Hallowishes
Random question that I've never looked into before. Does the bypass stay open through the whole party? We'll miss it since we'll be in the park already and I'd like to do it if possible.

10:30 meet Mickey if wait time is short or just find spot for Boo-to-You (I’m sure we could use some extra sitting at this point)

11:15 Watch Boo-to-you on Main Street

After parade, walk very briskly to Tomorrowland to see if meeting Lotso is an option (we did this for MVCMP with Nick and Judy and it worked!)

12am: Again walk briskly to Main Street for Hocus Pocus show

Afterwards, back to resort to collapse in exhaustion!

Oogie boogie bucket is not for sale before 7. At least the 2 parties I attended last week this was the case.

Does anyone know if any of the places to get the popcorn buckets take gift cards or reward cards? I just found out those are my options for spending money and the popcorn bucket was really the only thing I planned on getting.
They did 2 years ago. I purchased the dumbo one. They also let me buy it in the plastic and just gave me a box of popcorn b/c I did not want to carry a greasy bucket around and all I wanted was the bucket.

They did 2 years ago. I purchased the dumbo one. They also let me buy it in the plastic and just gave me a box of popcorn b/c I did not want to carry a greasy bucket around and all I wanted was the bucket.

That's what we did - except we never got the popcorn!! We asked for them not to unwrap the buckets, and assumed the popcorn was inside already...and the CM never offerred us boxes of popcorn. Didn't realize until we were home. Was NOT happy!!

Yes I went 2 yrs ago and cast members were happy to take pics with my phone.
I will be going back to MNSSHP this year on Sept 29 and Oct 1
I'll be there also on September 29. I'm excited it'll be my first time going. My main objective is taking a picture with the seven dwarfs

I have the option of going to a party either Friday October 6th or Monday October 9th. I'll have a 7 yo with me. Which would you choose?

Getting really excited for our party tomorrow night! Packed our costumes into a carry-on in case our luggage is delayed. Does anyone have experience traveling with a glue gun in a carry on bag? Hoping it doesn't cause a problem at security - thought about mentioning it before they scan bag - it's in an outer pocket. Bringing it along in case our Tweedle hat flags need repair before the party.

well. We did something we have never done before. My wife and I decided yesterday to fly out tomorrow for the MNSSHP tomorrow night and fly back saturday

So Get there at 1130 am, rest, go to the party at 4 and fly back saturday night.

Spirit round trip tickets were going for $39 per person. It was so low that our friend who has never been to Dis is coming too! I am still going to go in dec for the christmas party, but i was a little down that we were not going for halloween haha

well. We did something we have never done before. My wife and I decided yesterday to fly out tomorrow for the MNSSHP tomorrow night and fly back saturday

So Get there at 1130 am, rest, go to the party at 4 and fly back saturday night.

Spirit round trip tickets were going for $39 per person. It was so low that our friend who has never been to Dis is coming too! I am still going to go in dec for the christmas party, but i was a little down that we were not going for halloween haha

Wow. I don't know what it says when airfare can be found for less than half the price of a party ticket, but it says something.

Wow. I don't know what it says when airfare can be found for less than half the price of a party ticket, but it says something.

probably could not sell those seats and they need to fill that flight. I usually fly spirit down anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter