"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are all right. I'm just going to have to call and cancel the original flights and book on another airline. They only have 3 flights going out each day. Just a bummer that I have to deal with calling them now :crazy2:

I feel your pain. I've had to rebook flights twice now due to over two hour schedule changes. Got refunds both times. The weird thing is I'm back on the very first flight I booked, which they cancelled and now added back!

Silver lining is I'm now paying less than I was before...hopefully they don't cancel it again.

I feel your pain. I've had to rebook flights twice now due to over two hour schedule changes. Got refunds both times. The weird thing is I'm back on the very first flight I booked, which they cancelled and now added back!

Silver lining is I'm now paying less than I was before...hopefully they don't cancel it again.

Goodness! I would hate to have to do it twice! They were really cool about it when I called to cancel- full refund of everything and they said they are going to send me another voucher for the inconvience. I was able to book on SW and get in at a much more reasonable time. Now back to the fun planning! :hmghost:

Well it looks like my trip to Japan/Hong Kong needs to be pushed off til the spring. So as a consolation we are doing a weekend to do MNSSHP and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Tuesday September 12 might be my party day. I'd rather push it off until October so I could do the headless horseman meet, but we have Universal APs that expire in mid September.

I guess it is onto costumes. We are doing a Jack Sparrow and pirate Ariel for D23 in a few weeks, so those might get worn again for MNSSHP. Though it is pretty hot to wear a Jack Sparrow costume. We also have some old stand bys like Starlord and Gamora (though I might rather make a Rocket costume).

Has anyone been able to make FP's after 6pm for their party date? I just tried and I am only able to make FP's until 5:30.

Do you mean a start time after 6? Last year, FPs ending after 6:30 were cancelled, so 5:30 would be the latest start time you could book.

Is there something I'm not getting? If you do online check-in, how does the resort know if you arrived the evening originally booked, the middle of the night, or strolled in at 8am the next day? I'm glad the airline got it resolved for the OP, but I would think that with online check-in you could arrive at any time after your room is ready and as long as Disney got their money they wouldn't care.

Soooo after tons of debate and a lot of soul searching, we've switched our days from the first party to the last! If you're there on the crazy busy completely crowded Halloween night - look for Ursula as a pin-up. :)

And *gulp* really hoping they release some late Oct discounts. Resort prices at rack rate are crazy high.

Side question - does anyone know where I can get Ursula's necklace? I'm hoping they make one for kids that sings.

Is there something I'm not getting? If you do online check-in, how does the resort know if you arrived the evening originally booked, the middle of the night, or strolled in at 8am the next day? I'm glad the airline got it resolved for the OP, but I would think that with online check-in you could arrive at any time after your room is ready and as long as Disney got their money they wouldn't care.
We've received the room ready email/text, but not everyone has received it. There are may reports of people having to go to the front desk. If there is any issue with the reservation, for example, if the room you booked is not available , and they need to upgrade/downgrade you, it's likely that you won't receive a room-ready text.

What I don't get is why does Disney not offer a Guaranteed Late Arrival option. Most hotels do and it's a good way to let the hotel know, "hey don't cancel my reservation, I will be there....very late, but I will be there..."

Did my FP+ reservations this morning. Followed all the excellent advice in this thread. Made the other days first and then did my party FP+ last. Made them for 3:25, 4:25 and 5:30, just in case, as suggested here.

Now tinkering a bit with my plans. I have a BOG (8:05 am) and Trattoria al Forno (10:40 am) breakfast ADRs that I am cancelling. I posted them in the September cancel thread in the restaurant reservations board. if you are looking for these, check out that thread and feel free to PM me.

Wow am I late to the party! We just got tickets for the party on Friday the 13th. I'm guessing it will be a crowded party. Has anyone been to one of the more crowded parties? What we're wait times like for rides? We are surprising my daughter with a quick weekend trip and I know she will want to ride some of her favorites during the party.

Mum had the idea yesterday to go as the Cheshire Cat- striped tail on back of scooter and cat ears and grin on front. I told her she needed to dress in pink and purple stripes too to complete the look. If she does that it'll be a bit weird with me being Goofy and Mum being the Cheshire Cat, but I don't want to mess around with making an Alice costume.

Mum had the idea yesterday to go as the Cheshire Cat- striped tail on back of scooter and cat ears and grin on front. I told her she needed to dress in pink and purple stripes too to complete the look. If she does that it'll be a bit weird with me being Goofy and Mum being the Cheshire Cat, but I don't want to mess around with making an Alice costume.
What about Disneybound Alice instead? It would be much cuter to go with the same theme. You can google for more ideas. Here is one.

IMG_8103.JPG

Did my FP+ reservations this morning. Followed all the excellent advice in this thread. Made the other days first and then did my party FP+ last. Made them for 3:25, 4:25 and 5:30, just in case, as suggested here.

Now tinkering a bit with my plans. I have a BOG (8:05 am) and Trattoria al Forno (10:40 am) breakfast ADRs that I am cancelling. I posted them in the September cancel thread in the restaurant reservations board. if you are looking for these, check out that thread and feel free to PM me.

What date are you dropping the ADRS?

What date are you dropping the ADRS?

Sunday, September 3rd - Be Our Guest - 8:05 am
Monday, September 4th - Trattoria del Forno (Adventure breakfast) - 10:40 am

These are all for 4 people.

If anyone is interested, please PM me so we can coordinate a time.

DD will be Nick and I will be Judy for our first MNSSHP. Nick's ears, tail and tie have arrived but no sign of Judy's ears, tail and badge. Now I am worried that they won't arrive at all. I bought them from eBay and delivery from china can be so unpredictable. I may have to start looking for substitute here in Canada. Does WDW have Judy ears in the parks? :scared:

Hey guys! I'm ISO a memory maker share for our day at F&W on Oct. 16th and our MNSSHP night on Oct. 17th. If anyone is running one or knows one that works with our dates I'd love to know! It would be greatly appreciated :)

DD will be Nick and I will be Judy for our first MNSSHP. Nick's ears, tail and tie have arrived but no sign of Judy's ears, tail and badge. Now I am worried that they won't arrive at all. I bought them from eBay and delivery from china can be so unpredictable. I may have to start looking for substitute here in Canada. Does WDW have Judy ears in the parks? :scared:

I would hold out. An item I purchased on ebay via china arrived almost two weeks late. I searched Disney Park Shop app and also googled with zero results for just the ears, sorry my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter