• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Incognito mode for the win!!!!

So apparently its true-The mouse is trying to mess with me. when he cant see its me he gives discounts but when he can see its me he gives me nothing but Splash refurbs.
AWWWW! so glad it worked. I nabbed about a $1500 discount courtesy of incognito mode. Who knows why it works...but it does. Also...they say sometimes when fp and ADR act glitchy this helps there too

Just changed my reservation to a standard room at Sports Sept. 3-12 with free dining! Check again if you had trouble yesterday!! I was on the phone and website all day with no availability but this morning it seemed like more opened up!!

Just changed my reservation to a standard room at Sports Sept. 3-12 with free dining! Check again if you had trouble yesterday!! I was on the phone and website all day with no availability but this morning it seemed like more opened up!!
Same Here my TA all day could not grab anything didn't do a second reservation. This morning I was smarter I used the money in my DVA and put another $200.00 down on ASSP for my dates 9/9-9/17. I won't tell my TA until I see what she can get today because I would rather just cancel this one then try to either move the other reservation to my TA or cancel the one through my TA because there are gift cards attached through a promotion. Thanks everyone you have been a big help.

That's funny because I can get Sports standard for 6 nights but not 7. What are your dates? They must have more "6 day" allocations for the promo. I'm not sure if you will be able to add a day easily, but there was mention that being transferred to "guest services" may give you the pixie dust you need to lose that extra day. Worth a call.

On another note, you have a similar mindset as me...cheap as possible for this trip! I know my son and husband will love the theming but I'm not as into it. I am nervous about staying at Sports. I've only stayed at POR, Pop and BC. Any thoughts on Sports to ease my mind? Thanks and good luck!

Same issue here. TA could only get 6 days not 7. Need to do RO for last night.

I was going to ask the same question, so when you check in at your resort do you just say that you want to use the Park Hoppers and leave the others for the future. I have purchased a 6 day base ticket with the CDN discount but only 4 day PH and I don't want them mixed up.

Go to Guest Services outside of a park and get this done before you enter. Also, check your tickets as soon as you enter to see if the prioritizing worked. I think the cm's at the tap styles can scan your MB and see which tickets were used.

We had tickets prioritized last year, and they still used the wrong ones. So be careful.

Same issue here. TA could only get 6 days not 7. Need to do RO for last night.
I am not sure which dates you looking... in November I am able to extended my dates..
Some rooms are available for longer stays ... som are available if we cut a day ... so keep checking....:sail:

Welp, I've checked at least 100 times today and still no availability for FD on Sep 4 - 18th at Pop (Or really any 2 week period with an arrival date in late August to early September). Hoping for more luck tomorrow
Try for less days and then start calling to see availability to extend the stay. Happened to me two years ago and was able to increase the days

Any thoughts on Sports to ease my mind?
I was in the same boat last year when I grabbed Sports at FD drop because POP was sold out for my dates. I found I really enjoyed my stay at Sports. In fact, I just booked the Sports FD promo again. The Basketball Hoops Hotel Bldg 2 is a quick 5 min or less walk to the bus & food court. The theming wasn't really my thing but since all the standard value rooms are the same, and I was inside the bldg (not really staring at the theming at night if that makes sense), it wasn't an issue. When I walked to and from my room I cut through the cute preferred Surfs Up pool area and that was the theming I saw the most & took away with me. The bus system was just as good if not more efficient than POP because fewer guests. I didn't run into any large groups of teams or cheerleaders when I was there late Sept. Def check out the AS Sports thread on the Boards. Very helpful mods & vets who went above and beyond last year to answer my questions. NB remember both Surfs Up & Football are preferred areas.

That's funny because I can get Sports standard for 6 nights but not 7. What are your dates? They must have more "6 day" allocations for the promo. I'm not sure if you will be able to add a day easily, but there was mention that being transferred to "guest services" may give you the pixie dust you need to lose that extra day. Worth a call.

On another note, you have a similar mindset as me...cheap as possible for this trip! I know my son and husband will love the theming but I'm not as into it. I am nervous about staying at Sports. I've only stayed at POR, Pop and BC. Any thoughts on Sports to ease my mind? Thanks and good luck!

We've stayed at Sports twice now. It is our backup plan this time around as well. Honestly, even with three young kids and going back every afternoon for a break Sports was just fine for us. The first time we went there were shared busses with the other All Star resorts. Last year, however, Sports had there own bus which was nice. If you're not looking for super fancy, Sports is the way to go.

I was in the same boat last year when I grabbed Sports at FD drop because POP was sold out for my dates. I found I really enjoyed my stay at Sports. In fact, I just booked the Sports FD promo again. The Basketball Hoops Hotel Bldg 2 is a quick 5 min or less walk to the bus & food court. The theming wasn't really my thing but since all the standard value rooms are the same, and I was inside the bldg (not really staring at the theming at night if that makes sense), it wasn't an issue. When I walked to and from my room I cut through the cute preferred Surfs Up pool area and that was the theming I saw the most & took away with me. The bus system was just as good if not more efficient than POP because fewer guests. I didn't run into any large groups of teams or cheerleaders when I was there late Sept. Def check out the AS Sports thread on the Boards. Very helpful mods & vets who went above and beyond last year to answer my questions. NB remember both Surfs Up & Football are preferred areas.
Thank you! I did a little research last night about rooms and was leaning toward the Hoops section as well! My husband will love the theming, he plays basketball. Plus like you said, it isn't like you are staring at the theming anyway while inside. I will check out the boards, thanks!

For those who booked AoA, you were only able to select the "Family Suite" option and not a specific theme, correct? When I logged on about 10 minutes after it dropped, the only selection available was "Family Suite", the theme to be assigned at check-in. I modified my existing reservation (previously a Cars suite) to take advantage of FD. Just wanted to make sure that specific themes weren't previously offered, to save me some "refresh" time looking for updates over the next few days. We don't mind being randomly assigned the Cars or Lion King room (we have previously stayed in Nemo and want a change), but I would love to snag a Cars if we could.

For those who booked AoA, you were only able to select the "Family Suite" option and not a specific theme, correct? When I logged on about 10 minutes after it dropped, the only selection available was "Family Suite", the theme to be assigned at check-in. I modified my existing reservation (previously a Cars suite) to take advantage of FD. Just wanted to make sure that specific themes weren't previously offered, to save me some "refresh" time looking for updates over the next few days. We don't mind being randomly assigned the Cars or Lion King room (we have previously stayed in Nemo and want a change), but I would love to snag a Cars if we could.
When I was looking (early September) I had Cars or "Theme assigned at check in" options.

UGH, this morning showing music available the dates of my trip- booked at sports....got all the way to the last screen and it said error occurred. Started all over and room gone now :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter