• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always rent a car so I usually pop over to Walmart and buy two basic egg crates - usually about $13 each! If you don't have a car, you can have them shipped from Walmart with free shipping if you spend the min for free shipping. I prefer the 2" version, but those are $20 each so depends on how much you want to spend. I never bring them home - I am sure it's possible, but it never fits in luggage :-).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-1.25-Convoluted-Foam-Topper-Multiple-Sizes/10055840

Thank you!! We drive from Atlanta so we can pack anything we want!! Glad to know these help.

Has there been any word on any excluded resorts such as moderates? (trying my best to scan through pages and keep up) I know the rumor is still that they will only be offered quick service, but just trying to run all scenarios.

It almost seems like we won't get a RO discount at the same time :/ did I miss a post somewhere along the way? No rumors at all from what I've seen
Do lose hope, the RO discounts never receive as much attention as FD. Not hearing anything yet, doesn't mean much.

You all have me wondering if maybe we should rent a double too. I have a five and seven year old, my five year old has better stamina that my older kiddo. We were planning on bringing a single and then they could swap out. Wonder if we're better off renting a double? What to do , what to do!

I literally had this conversation this morning.... with my 7 and 5 year old. They are kids who run run run all day long but they simply cannot handle all the Disney walking and standing around. My 7 year old was in tears when I told him that we may go with nothing this year, or maybe a single for his 5 year old sister. I think the fighting over the single alone may cause me to not rent anything.... or cave and go with a double :-). What to do, what to do. One thing I HATE about the stroller is that you have to take every single thing out of it when you go through security. So if you stuff the basket with crap (like I do) be prepared to take every single thing out to get through security.

Has there been any word on any excluded resorts such as moderates? (trying my best to scan through pages and keep up) I know the rumor is still that they will only be offered quick service, but just trying to run all scenarios.

POFQ excluded. POR through Sept (I believe) CSR and CBR included if your are lucky enough to have availability. They haven't been available for my dates since I booked in February.

We have never been to WDW on September. This time will be the first. (October three times, August & July)

We will arrive on Labor Day, Sept. 4th.

So no parks that day, (after flying 5555 miles to Miami and then drive another 250 to reach Orlando).

Which are the expected crowd levels on that week or the next week? Anyone can share some experiences near those dates? We are going from Sept. 4th to 14th
Most years we go a few days prior to Labor Day and the week of Labor Day. The crowds are fairly low and a few times we got involved doing something and missed our FP time but it was no problem as many of the rides were walk on or a less than 5 minute wait. This is our favorite time to go because of the lower crowds. The weather will be hot and humid but we are ok with that. There will be afternoon showers but typically these are over in 15 minutes or so. It's a great time to be at Disney. Hope you have a great trip.

Alright, I think I know the answer, but I'm hoping maybe someone has experienced something different. Our room type is no longer available during the dates we are traveling. Does that probably mean I'm not going to be able to apply the FD to my existing reservation?

We have a 2 br villa reserved, and they no longer have any 2 br, but do have 1 br and studio. So do you think(I know nobody knows for certain) that Disney releases discounts only for the available types of villas, or do you think that disney releases a set number of FD discounts for villas, and whoever snatches them up first gets em? I'm relying on my TA, and she told me she'll be waking up at 4:30 Monday to try for discounts. We've given her our order of preferences, but just thought I'd ask you all here.

Definitely not a good idea to test this queue feature for FD.. they should have tested before.. hope everything works fine on monday.. and all our hard work pays off

Wel just think of it this way. We are obviously as a group tenacious individuals. If this affects us it affects all. How many people will check at 5-6am see that and just say I'll check again later? None of us, a lot of normal people. Could work in our favor.

I've never had creamer. :eek:
It intrigues me.
We're a bit coffee snobee here in Sydney so I don't know if that will hit the spot while we're there. Might have to use a snack credit somewhere. Is there anywhere other than Starbucks for barista coffee?

I know I sound like douche :banana: but we're spoilt here for good coffee. DH in particular is very particular.

We have family in New Zealand (I know I know, you guys are different!) but the coffee there is fantastic. I don't know what you all do differently down that way but keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter