******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
My TA just called to inform me that not only was she able to get us FD (after a failed attempt yesterday), but she was also able to move us from POR to POP & upgrade from QS to DDP for our 9 day stay like I requested! This just saved me $2000!! **insert happy dance here**
:love::cheer2: Thank you all, this grp is amazing!
Now to sit back and relax until its time to book our fast passes!:teeth::mickeyjum

Last edited:
So here we are again...last year we booked free dining and cancelled due to airfare costs. This year we are in a worse financial situation, so we booked Music Standard for 10/9-10/15.

A few questions.

I received a Disney visa mailer that says I would get a $200 Disney card if I spent $500 in the first 3 months if I applied for the card. Does anyone know if I could spend $500 on the vacation balance and it would still qualify?

This would be our very first Disney trip. I've made a weight loss goal for myself to hit before we hit the payoff date. If it doesn't happen, we will cancel. I'm very concerned I won't comfortably fit on some of the rides as I am. Anyone have experience with being heavy?

Staying at music is not my ideal. I almost didn't book, but I told myself that just because I can't afford the Ferrari doesn't mean I shouldn't buy the Corolla. Some of the TripAdvisor comments made me really worried that it is dirty and run down there. Please convince me otherwise!!

We did too. Between Tusker House, Akershus, BOG, Skipper canteen, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, the new Tangled breakfast, Kona Cafe..... it makes absolute sense for us to pay the $37/person to upgrade to the DxDdp.

Also, we would have upgraded no matter what. We've only been once without the DxDDP and that was in 2008 when we had the old DDP.

Stacy
This is the first time we upgraded to the DxDdp we are doing a lot of the signature restaurants to Le Cellier, Cali Grill, Yachtsman etc plus some charter buffets for the grandson

Curiosity makes me ask.....

We are taking advantage of the free dining promotion this year with an upgrade at POR for DDP. If we were offered a BB for next year and we booked it.....how flexible are the dates once you have it booked? or are you locked in for whenever you booked it and are out of luck if you can't go at that particular time. I am never 100% sure where my holidays are going to land until maybe Feb/Mar....it would be nice to know that I could keep the BB even if I had to change my dates.
I booked a Bb for this august. I have been trying since December to add a day on the front end with no luck. The resort is full. When I made the BB the only available room within a 2 week window was a deluxe club level at BC. I didn't believe them and booked it anyway. I ended up being able to get a standard BC. It only magically appeared when I called to cancel.

So here we are again...last year we booked free dining and cancelled due to airfare costs. This year we are in a worse financial situation, so we booked Music Standard for 10/9-10/15.

A few questions.

I received a Disney visa mailer that says I would get a $200 Disney card if I spent $500 in the first 3 months if I applied for the card. Does anyone know if I could spend $500 on the vacation balance and it would still qualify?

This would be our very first Disney trip. I've made a weight loss goal for myself to hit before we hit the payoff date. If it doesn't happen, we will cancel. I'm very concerned I won't comfortably fit on some of the rides as I am. Anyone have experience with being heavy?

Staying at music is not my ideal. I almost didn't book, but I told myself that just because I can't afford the Ferrari doesn't mean I shouldn't buy the Corolla. Some of the TripAdvisor comments made me really worried that it is dirty and run down there. Please convince me otherwise!!
Yes your Disney payments would qualify! That's how I got mine! And good luck with reaching your personal goals! I was in that position a year or so ago and found Weight Watchers! That and regular exercise helped so much and I have tons more energy now too! I wish you the best!

I have no idea how quickly cancelled reservations show back up to be available in the system, but just want to give everybody a heads up. I am in the process of cancelling the following

11/25-11/30 Boardwalk Inn - Standard room
11/25-11/30 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Standard room

Hope if anyone needs either you can grab them.

Visa card holders....I just saw free dining at CBR Standard Room from Aug 13-25. I didn't snag it because I am still holding out for POR.

Yesterday I booked 2 free dinning rooms at CBR for September 8-17. I do not need but one room now that my sister and her family can not make it those dates. If anyone wants to coordinate when I release the one room let me know. It is a standard room.

What do you like better about music than sports?......I'm trying to make decisions Thanks!

I really don't have a good answer- we've never stayed at either. We've done movie and pop. My kids would like the decor better at music so that's the silly reason why I wanted it over sports. lol

Thanks so much. We have gone the past few years and I have been thinking..... we are never in our rooms. We always think we will take a resort day and never do. Our kids are park people. So why spend the extra ... again. Thanks

We are the exact same way! I can't ever see us doing anything but value for that reason.

I booked 2 rooms at all star sports to have FD and was able to change them to all star music FD this morning. I really wanted pop but so far no luck. Glad some people got pop today! I'll keep checking.

I used the disney chase link from last year and it worked. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-parks-stay-dine-visa-package/

We booked All Star Sports, regular room 8/13 - 8/21
Thank you soooo much for this link. I was trying to change my reservation yesterday and it just kept spinning. Looked on disboards and saw your post. Clicked the link and now I'm booked with Free Dining! I just canceled my other reservation. So appreciative of this forum. And especially you for this link that made my scheduling so easy!!! I'm at Sports also, but in September. Thanks!!!

The reservations I mentioned that I released definitely are not showing up quickly to be booked. Maybe it gets processed sometime overnight and that was why there was more availability this morning. Don't know.

By the way, the ressies I released were booked under the Disney Visa Offer if that makes any difference to finding them in the system.

Again was:
11/25-11/30 Boardwalk Inn - Standard room
11/25-11/30 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Standard room

I currently have 2 reservations at the same resort for the exact same dates. I was afraid it would disappear before I could go in and try to modify (was getting the spinning circle on my reservation page). I was afraid it wouldn't let me book 2 but they are both there. I've been able to modify my original reservation (at CBR with the gift cards) so I'll be cancelling the second one.
Have you cancelled yet? I would love to know when - this is exactly what I'm trying to get

A few questions.

You might check out this thread! It can give you some ideas about rides and other things https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-everything-pooh-sized-thread.2424021/

A few questions.

There is a thread somewhere titled something like Pooh sized at Disney, so much good info! I'm a Pooh sized girl and I love Disney. I'll try and find the thread.

A few questions.

Found it.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-everything-pooh-sized-thread.2424021/

ok free dining offers are weird. When I put in my dates I dont see anything available-but when I add days then I can see rooms available...ok so how can it be available for my days only if I stay 3 days longer...if my dates are available then they should still be available even if I am take 3 days away :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter