******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after Disney wouldn't let me confirm my deal for free dining with standard view at CSR (a move that would've saved us $900+), and after going through 2 hours of phone hell and listening to every song at Disney World (which was therapeutic, mind), we settled on getting a preferred king bed room at CSR. Ended up saving $350 at the end of the day.

I'm not looking for further advice, because after not getting any sleep and not trusting Disney IT one bit, we're just done with it all and want to look forward to the trip at this point.

I apologize for my language and all inside the ******* room, just was very frustrated when you get to the submit button and it won't go through and after holding on the phone you can't get the deal you wanted.

I really would like FD to be history when SWL opens. It's just way too much out of control.

/jm2c

I

already have reservations. But, when I add free dining, it says no rooms available.

They only offer up so many rooms to Free Dining. Having a booking doesn't equal being able to book for Free Dining. And from what I have found no date in October qualifies for Free Dining.

Anyone have luck grabbing a Poly spot? Was up early but those seem to have been very limited.
RHWre
My Wheel has been turning for hours, no option to change reservation. I finally caved and made a new reservation. Got confirmation, viewed my reservations and both had the change option back! I quickly changed my original CBR reservation with the gift cards, then cancelled my new one. Now it's whirling again!

I had this going on earlier. I closed explorer then relaunched and deleted all history, including temps and forms. Then when I logged back in, my spinning wheels were gone.

74b25aa1954c76f088b5f82d3cb97ed8.jpg

I JUST WANT TO GET THROUGH!! I WOULD GLADLY TAKE HOLD MUSIC AT THIS POINT!!!

So I booked a new ressie with free dining at Pop. I managed to finally cancel my original Pop reservation made approximately one month ago (the website wouldn't let me modify). The question I have is, how long before I get an e-mail confirming my cancellation? It would be nice to know that my deposit will be set to be returned to my credit card.8-)

I have had fun watching these boards. I unfortunately missed out due to my unmovable dates but I am happy to see so many successful in their pursuit. Sending positive wishes to all for a Room only discount for November. The Magical Escape Room Offer just offered is for 25% off CBR. I can only hope its that great for my stay along with my 75$ GC's. I will take one positive, my check in dates is before free dining so I'll have all my ADR's booked before the FD masses book for their ADR's starting November 14th.

For those of you not able to get FD with your current dates, if you have any flexibility try messing with the dates. Like try the day before you wanted to check-in and see if shifting the date would give you availability. Good luck to those of you still trying. I will say, every year some more rooms come back available after people start cancelling and the holds for TA's time out. So if you don't get what you want now, keep checking this week as you might get lucky.

Just wandering if anyone had any luck getting FD with a contemporary standard room?
No luck here. We already it booked for standard but had to upgrade to garden view to get the FD. And I made the change this morning before 6am so I know it wasn't due to me trying later in the morning.

Does anyone know how adding or subtracting 1 day to your reservation affects free dining? With Nov so far away, I'm not sure what our flight options will be... I made them "1 day short" (which I hated to do) in case we can't fly out until Thur. If it turns out I can add Wed on (if we can get evening flights after school/work that won't break the ba, I know in the past they've added it no problem the 2 times I've done it (One of the times I got FD for that night too, and once I did not due to no availability the 1 night I was adding.) So seems like adding a day on depends on luck of availability for FD that 1 night... but I'm most confused on whether you are allowed to DROP the first day of your reservation without losing your FD reservation? (of course BOTH of those days fall within the free dining window). It's only relevant because if I'm able to Wed night on once things calm down, but later can't get a flight till Thur, does it mess up the FD reservation.

And look what I just got in the mail!! :sad1:

I'm tempted to give y'all my email, address, cell number maybe even my first born to help me get my modified room at CBR! Normally I would be so so happy with this mail day... maybe I just need a nap... sigh....

EDIT* won't upload my picture of my Disney booklet about our room and such...

Last edited:
And look what I just got in the mail!! :sad1:

I'm tempted to give y'all my email, address, cell number maybe even my first born to help me get my modified room at CBR! Normally I would be so so happy with this mail day... maybe I just need a nap... sigh....
hope you get it! hang in there

Since some people were confused about whether CBR was offered with FD for Pirate Rooms only, thought I'd share our experience. We had reservations for 3 standard rooms at CBR for 9/27- 10/3. Our TA was able to get all 3 modified to FD this AM. I know some people mentioned that they starting checking as soon as FD dropped and only Pirate Rooms were available, so it appears the offerings varied by dates/ availability, which makes sense. We did all save a little, but it wasn't a huge savings. Since we all had to pay the increased ticket/room rates and upgrade to the regular dining plan, we saved about $175 per room w/ FD vs. RO discount, regular dining plan, and purchasing tickets on our own.

Since our reservations were modified, not cancelled, we were told we would keep the GCs. (all reservation #s stayed the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter