Official 2017 D23 Expo Thread

Saturday 3:00-4:30PM Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Is this where they will be telling us about future projects at wdw?

Is there anywhere to purchase any of the merchandise, specifically the ducktales limited print? Or must you first be a member or must be at the expo to purchase?

About to head out to the expo!

Will be posting a lot today on my social media links that are in the thread earlier.

Actually got 9 hours of sleep.

Guess it paid off to have to be at awake to go to the airport at 3 am yesterday.

Absolutely no problem falling asleep at 630 pm.
What is your social media name? - It might be easier to follow I assume this thread will get flooded soon!

I will be away all weekend with no access to internet or cell service. I will be so far behind when I get home Sunday.

Last edited:
I'll clean this up...
Most likely to least:

1. Tie...Great Movie Ride/Ratatuoille Add (permits are just below on the list of reliability than heavy construction equipment)
2. Haunted Mansion Restaurant
3. Guardians Overlay in Epcot
4. Tron cycle (this one's rising)...as a replacement to speedway
5. New illuminations
6. Gondola (actual announcement...it's probably a certainty but I think they'll time it with dvc sales)
7. Inside out in imagination
8. Mexico/U.K. Ride changes or additions (lump all other Epcot pavilions there)
9. Dvc additions (poly, GF, Contemp 2.0...) highly unlikely but a near certainty in 10 years or less.
10. Spaceship redesign/mission space changes

Last: Brazil pavilion
Wow, looks like I get to pick your avatar then.

but here is what I think...
1 and 1A = both will be announced.
2 - nope don't think so
3 - yup
4 - Yup - oh and this does NOT replace Speedway, it is behind speedway - and speedway will get Tron upgrade - and be mini-tron land - to be announced.
5 - Gut says no, not yet
6 - yup
7 - Nope - not even on the docket to be done yet...so don't think so
8 - I am going to say no to Mexico - as the movie isn't out yet is it? - UK...maybe
9 - yes, those tied to Gondola anyway
10 - not sure here, I do think there will be some EPCOT overall retheme discussion, especially with GotG being announced to replace UoE, but not sure they call out all the refurbs.

Will have to go find that avatar for ya now :D

I keep thinking I'd love to go to a D23 one time ... then I see pictures of the queues to get into just for shopping or the floor or whatever that are already going on this morning and I am like "hmmm, maybe not"

Yeah...and I think about that with Star Wars celebration as well...

Nope...not crushing lines of adults acting like infants...can't do it.

Wow, looks like I get to pick your avatar then.

but here is what I think...
1 and 1A = both will be announced.
2 - nope don't think so
3 - yup
4 - Yup - oh and this does NOT replace Speedway, it is behind speedway - and speedway will get Tron upgrade - and be mini-tron land - to be announced.
5 - Gut says no, not yet
6 - yup
7 - Nope - not even on the docket to be done yet...so don't think so
8 - I am going to say no to Mexico - as the movie isn't out yet is it? - UK...maybe
9 - yes, those tied to Gondola anyway
10 - not sure here, I do think there will be some EPCOT overall retheme discussion, especially with GotG being announced to replace UoE, but not sure they call out all the refurbs.

Will have to go find that avatar for ya now :D

You're taking a bit of a flyer on tron...not sure they'd dump that kind of capex now.

DVC announcements aren't up to them...it has to do with regulatory filings...so who knows now?

Lol...I agree...but you and I hang out in a weird place for that stance
I know. My wife is amazed at how much I like Disney considering I don't like even being in loud restaurants normally. I will say that I hated rope drop at MK and the next time I go I will be happy for the change. And I really despise waiting for fireworks. I don't miss the parades because I hated being jammed in. So parts of Disney that mean so much to others don't mean as much to me.

I know. My wife is amazed at how much I like Disney considering I don't like even being in loud restaurants normally. I will say that I hated rope drop at MK and the next time I go I will be happy for the change. And I really despise waiting for fireworks. I don't miss the parades because I hated being jammed in. So parts of Disney that mean so much to others don't mean as much to me.

Brother!!!....

I keep thinking I'd love to go to a D23 one time ... then I see pictures of the queues to get into just for shopping or the floor or whatever that are already going on this morning and I am like "hmmm, maybe not"
The shopping lines are longer than the Disney legends queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter