Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

I don't have kids but I personally would have loved going to something like HHN when I was a lot younger. However...IF...and that's a big IF Universal ever decides to enforce an age limit for HHN, it's going to be because of the parents who basically force their children to go because the parents want to. I turn a blind eye to little kids anymore and wonder if their parents are the ones who show up at Guest Services complaining that little Johnny got scared and now they want a refund? I've seen this time and time again over many years of attending HHN. It really makes me mad. So...if an age limit is enforced then it will be just like anything else we have to wait for...drinking, driving, etc.

MA is Mature Audience
And yes some children are OK with it but unfortunately sometimes parents miss judge...i am guilty of it.
If a kid has a total meltdown in a house with me I will probably let guest services know because they may eventually enforce the minimum age if enough customers reported issues with small children freaking out.

Did our first night at HHN. No EP and we did Stay and Scream in the Hello Kitty area.

We got in the HK S&S line around 4:20 and were maybe 30 people back. I'd guess by the time we got to AHS, about 70 more had shoved theri way in front of us.

AHS - no wait, just the long walk. We have never watched the show, but we loved the house.
Exorcist - showed a 10 minute wait. We probably waited about 8. I thought all the Regan's were great.
Halloween 2 - Showed 15 minute wait. We probably waited 10 min and went in right after a shift change and I think we missed a few Michael's, but there were still a ton of them. The Michael's were all really good. We liked the house, but not as much at the original 2 years ago.
Tomb - I think this one showed a 25 minute wait and we waited maybe 5. Loved this one. It was a bit too dark to see the details, but the cast was great. I've seen a lot of complaints about the stuff in face in this one, but we loved it.

We took a break in Fast Food Blvd for about 20 minutes.

Last, we went to TCM - showed 25 minute wait, we probably waited 15. Good house, wasn't great. The Letherface's were all big dudes and fit the part, but weren't very scary.

We walked through Vamp and Lair a few times and they were both fine.

We took another break and sat outside Mel's, then headed over to City Walk for dinner. We were back in our Portofino room by 8:30.

We could have easily done Lunatic's and TWD before we left, but we got up at 5am this morning to move to Portofino and get to USF for the early park admission. We were pretty beat.

We'll go back to HHN on Sunday and probably wait at Finnegan's so we can hit TWD first.

Going tonight, so excited! We'll be doing the S&S and staying in the Hello Kitty area to hit AHS first. We have a reservation for The Repository at 10:30. Not many reviews here... is it not a hit?

Going tonight, so excited! We'll be doing the S&S and staying in the Hello Kitty area to hit AHS first. We have a reservation for The Repository at 10:30. Not many reviews here... is it not a hit?
I think between the price and people trying to get to all the house that are included that gets missed - I really was not even aware of it so im not sure they did a good job marketing it - and I was there 4 nights.

There is a short spoiler free review here:
http://hhnrumors.com/the-repository-a-spoiler-free-review/

We knew about it before the event this year, but it didn't interest us enough to do it.

Haven`t heard a lot of reviews from it, but would be interested to hear your review of it.

There is another site about that event I was looking at

I see if I can link it

Thanks for listing the one above for others to get a better idea of it

We have a reservation for The Repository at 10:30. Not many reviews here... is it not a hit?
I wasn't interested in doing it plus I spent enough money on my ticket this year w/o paying an additional $50 (or whatever it was) for a VR experience. I hope you enjoy it.

I wasn't interested in doing it plus I spent enough money on my ticket this year w/o paying an additional $50 (or whatever it was) for a VR experience. I hope you enjoy it.

Yes, I hope they come back and tell us what their opinion is.........

We are heading down next weekend for HHN on Oct 31st. I have not bought tickets yet. I plan to pick them up the day of. Where do I go onsite to buy them? I have to pick up our annual passes as well (already purchased and have printed confirmation for those). Would it be the same place? My plan is to get to the park about 3 to get our HHN tickets and annual passes then head inside for Stay and Scream. Should we plan to arrive earlier?

A quick way is to order them online and do a kiosk pick up for the Hhn tickets

You only need 24 hours prior ordering to have them in the system

I did my Hhn tickets and tour booked that way and I used the attraction desk at rpr to pick mine up
Was issued actual tickets
Did the pick up after I checked into the hotel

Easy peasy

As long as you enter the park before 5, you can go to the holding pens for Hhn

Forgot where pick up is for the new AP
Someone will surely post it here for you

I did not exchange my 2002 preferred AP for the new version
Plan to keep it and not go with the new colored ones

I have aske at PBR and RPR and was told they can issue the AP at the ticket counter in the hotel. I didn't do this, I asked because the question comes up a lot.

I have aske at PBR and RPR and was told they can issue the AP at the ticket counter in the hotel. I didn't do this, I asked because the question comes up a lot.
If you pay for it on line in advance you can pick it up at the ticket counter in the hotel - I just did this in the RPR a few weeks back.
It is the counter to the right of where you pick up your express passes in the RPR.

If you pay for it on line in advance you can pick it up at the ticket counter in the hotel - I just did this in the RPR a few weeks back.
It is the counter to the right of where you pick up your express passes in the RPR.
Awesome! I've had an AP for years so I only asked to answer questions here. Thanks for the update that it still works. They told me FL APs can also be picked up at the hotel too with ID.

Rumor from US management is that HHN will extend to Nov. 4th and 5th to make up for Hurricane Matthew. Team Members are being scheduled for it. Not sure if anyone has posted this yet

Rumor from US management is that HHN will extend to Nov. 4th and 5th to make up for Hurricane Matthew. Team Members are being scheduled for it. Not sure if anyone has posted this yet

Heard that rumour too last weekend, but didn't post as it hadn't been confirmed yet.......

Interesting if they do.

Heard that rumour too last weekend, but didn't post as it hadn't been confirmed yet.......

Interesting if they do.
my son works for entertainment at Diagon Alley and management told him yesterday. But yeah, a rumor until Universal publicly confirm it

Went to HHN tonight and did stay and scream. We did all 9 houses without express pass and Academy of Villians. I was home at my apt in Clermont with dinner before 10pm! It was getting busy as we were leaving around 9. Friday nights are wonderful! Excited for the extension rumor!

Hey,

Can you share your touring plan? Which holding pen were you in?

Went to HHN tonight and did stay and scream. We did all 9 houses without express pass and Academy of Villians. I was home at my apt in Clermont with dinner before 10pm! It was getting busy as we were leaving around 9. Friday nights are wonderful! Excited for the extension rumor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter