Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Did you guys see the woman who dressed as a Disneyland Churro for the 10k and then today for the Half she dressed as a one of the old Disney Ticket Books. Awesome costumes.

Overall a decent run- had a hard time establishing my 'bubble' so didn't get into the groove till mile 5 then lost it again on the trail/stadium as it bottle necked really bad then never really got it back but still almost 25 min faster than Donald half- though run dis thinks I started in A as I only have gun times vs a D actual spot so my time is approx 25 min off :(

Did you guys see the woman who dressed as a Disneyland Churro for the 10k and then today for the Half she dressed as a one of the old Disney Ticket Books. Awesome costumes.

Yea, during the 10k people kept trying to talk to her and she would say I can't hear you, but that's awesome! Lol

Congratulations everyone! This was my first Half marathon and double dare. I had a blast and did well sticking to my intervals. I bought a Garmin 225 and am SO happy that I did, it was a lifesaver. My only problem is the HUGE blisters on both of my feet. =(

Im looking forward to the Wine and Dine in November and my Coast to Coast medal. :rainbow:

Congratulations everyone! This was my first Half marathon and double dare. I had a blast and did well sticking to my intervals. I bought a Garmin 225 and am SO happy that I did, it was a lifesaver. My only problem is the HUGE blisters on both of my feet. =(

Im looking forward to the Wine and Dine in November and my Coast to Coast medal. :rainbow:

Way to go!

I'm not sure where your blisters are but I have found that the Injinji toe socks have really helped prevent blisters for me. I used to always get blisters between my toes and on the ends. I tried body glide, which didn't help too much. I have another roll on friction preventer that helps a little, but I did not bring it this weekend (not enough room in my liquids carry-on bag). I ran all three races in the toe socks (I have three pairs :D), and I didn't get a single blister. They are definitely my go-to socks now.

For me the blisters stopped as soon as I got proper shoes. I had to get 1.5 sizes bigger because I was only running in 0.5 sizes bigger and that caused lots of problems.

Great course, took the time to snap pictures at every character spot and mile marker and that was fun. See some of you in Florida in 2 months!!

Way to go!

I'm not sure where your blisters are but I have found that the Injinji toe socks have really helped prevent blisters for me. I used to always get blisters between my toes and on the ends. I tried body glide, which didn't help too much. I have another roll on friction preventer that helps a little, but I did not bring it this weekend (not enough room in my liquids carry-on bag). I ran all three races in the toe socks (I have three pairs :D), and I didn't get a single blister. They are definitely my go-to socks now.

Thank you! I am ordering these right now. =)

For me the blisters stopped as soon as I got proper shoes. I had to get 1.5 sizes bigger because I was only running in 0.5 sizes bigger and that caused lots of problems.

I am definitely having shoe issues. I bought new shoes back in Feb and started having major IT band problems. After finally figuring out that it was the new shoes, I switched back to my old shoes which I had never done any high mileage in. Alas, major blisters. =( I'm hoping to get another new pair of shoes asap so my Wine and Dine training isn't interrupted. :confused3

Still a little new here. Posted in the "other" Disneyland Half Weekend thread in the Disneyland section about a week ago.

Back home now after a fantastic weekend. It was my first Dumbo Double Dare and I LOVED it. Saw lots of runners dressed in fantastic costumes and running attire. It was also the first time I ran a Half. Wow!! Ready to do it again. Disney really knows how to make these runs fun. Saw so many cheerleaders on the sidelines this morning and some other surprises (don't want to spoil it for new runners if it happens each time). Just really cool amazing fun.

Already signed up for Star Wars 10k and can't do the others due to time constraints, so Star Wars will always be only a 10k for me. Need to work on improving my time. I wanna go fast and right now I'm only doing about a 9 minute mile for a 10k (about 55 mins). I'm about a 10 minute mile for a Half (in my training), but I'm so werked by the end that I need to try and slow it down until I get used to running it more and hydrating/fueling correctly during the run since I kind of do it on my own and have no idea what I'm doing. Goal is to get sub-2hr Half.

However, I see that there is still space available for the Avengers Half and I'm thinking about signing up for it.

Awesome race and awesome time in Anaheim overall. Headed back east this morning, but wanted to congratulate all the racers from this weekend!

Also, it was great meeting the group of you at the Tiki Room meet up ... Until next race! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 12
I finished the half just a hair under 1:50. Considering my goal was under 2 hours with a "probably not possible, but I'd be really happy under 1:55", I am very pleased with my run. I finished the day with 57,000 steps!
Congrats, almacdonald. That's awesome!!! How did you do it?

Back home now! It was a fantastic weekend loved the courses and all the encouragement. Sorry I missed the meet up on Thursday night got messed up on the day well that's my brain it is what it is. This was not my best race but I finished that's OK. My husband did his first half with a hernia amazing, now he can get his surgery done. But it's all about the memories and the fun that's the most important thing. And it was a great weekend loved it Disney sure knows how to make it special, and they looked after us well on the course. And that's all that matters to me! There will be other races ! I have Portland coming up first weekend of October! Now to get healthy for that one because it is fast one! Hope I can get my GRR on ! Will do Dumbo again so much fun loved the smiles on everyone. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. After the half we went to Steak 55 for breakfast and had mimosas it was perfect way to celebrate! Next Disney Run Princess 2016 ! I love my DUMBO Medal!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!! SUPER BIG SMILE FROM ME!

Back home now! It was a fantastic weekend loved the courses and all the encouragement. Sorry I missed the meet up on Thursday night got messed up on the day well that's my brain it is what it is. This was not my best race but I finished that's OK. My husband did his first half with a hernia amazing, now he can get his surgery done. But it's all about the memories and the fun that's the most important thing. And it was a great weekend loved it Disney sure knows how to make it special, and they looked after us well on the course. And that's all that matters to me! There will be other races ! I have Portland coming up first weekend of October! Now to get healthy for that one because it is fast one! Hope I can get my GRR on ! Will do Dumbo again so much fun loved the smiles on everyone. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. After the half we went to Steak 55 for breakfast and had mimosas it was perfect way to celebrate! Next Disney Run Princess 2016 ! I love my DUMBO Medal!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!! SUPER BIG SMILE FROM ME!

Congrats to you and your husband! Sorry we missed you on Thursday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter