Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

I did this race in 2011. The hill definitely sucks, but it's a very pretty and well-supported course, plus every course monitor is a cute Marine. You also get your medal from one. :)

Now when comparing it to the last 3 miles of the Princess...how much worse would you say it is? :rotfl:

I feel so lucky that the weather held up through all of our Princess training! It's been terrible (cold, snow, freezing rain) the past couple of days-- no way to run outside! Somehow we made it through the whole winter up until the Princess being able to run outside 3 days a week!

Now when comparing it to the last 3 miles of the Princess...how much worse would you say it is? :rotfl:

Definitely worse. Hospital hill is pretty crazy! :laughing:

However, it doesn't have the "banked" factor of the climb up to the overpass.

Love the update and all the photos! I must have been somewhere nearby just before the MK - I remember the Drunk 1, Drunk 2 gals pretty close to that area. :rolleyes1

Those are the gals that went into the connivence store after MK and were upset that the beer coolers were still locked.

Pj

So I ordered my photopass download cd and once I have those photos I will start my TR with or without my brightroom photos. I figure I can go ahead without the later since well except for one photo that I can always add later all of the photos are of the last day of the trip.

KMG best of luck with MCM half. I tried to do the full last October without success and am planning to attempt again in a couple of years once I've secured a pace that won't cause me to get screwed over in Georgetown. Hopefully you guys don't have a 'beat the bridge' scenario. Thats what primarily screwed me over since in order to finish the race you have to get there by a certain time or your kicked out. This caused me to go WAY to fast in the early stages and I literally folded at mile 14. Couldn't run a lick more could barely walk from the horrible muscle spasms I was having.

Definitely worse. Hospital hill is pretty crazy! :laughing:

However, it doesn't have the "banked" factor of the climb up to the overpass.

At first seeing this, I thought you were talking about a race near me named hospital hill. Reading back, I realized you weren't, but it's funny that there are two races with ridiculous hills named 'hospital hill.' Our race is even named after the hill because it's so infamous! Why do hospitals have to be on hills? :rotfl:

Those are the gals that went into the connivence store after MK and were upset that the beer coolers were still locked.

Pj

Whaa??? Wow. That's hardcore puttin' on a show. Or alcoholism. :confused3

At first seeing this, I thought you were talking about a race near me named hospital hill. Reading back, I realized you weren't, but it's funny that there are two races with ridiculous hills named 'hospital hill.' Our race is even named after the hill because it's so infamous! Why do hospitals have to be on hills? :rotfl:

You know - there's something to that - during the Peachtree, the hill by Piedmont Hospital is a killer!

So I ordered my photopass download cd and once I have those photos I will start my TR with or without my brightroom photos. I figure I can go ahead without the later since well except for one photo that I can always add later all of the photos are of the last day of the trip.

KMG best of luck with MCM half. I tried to do the full last October without success and am planning to attempt again in a couple of years once I've secured a pace that won't cause me to get screwed over in Georgetown. Hopefully you guys don't have a 'beat the bridge' scenario. Thats what primarily screwed me over since in order to finish the race you have to get there by a certain time or your kicked out. This caused me to go WAY to fast in the early stages and I literally folded at mile 14. Couldn't run a lick more could barely walk from the horrible muscle spasms I was having.

The half has a 4 hour time limit and no bridge! :) A friend of ours finished pretty close to that time and he got the same treatment as we did finishing closer to 3 hours. I was very impressed with the race overall, but that hill was killer.

Oh, and as to hospitals on hills, we were joking at least it would be close by when we collapsed! :laughing:

Yes, yes that hill by Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta is known as "cardiac hill".

On a different note, we were in the corral with the Drunk Girls and apparently they meet all over the US doing races and drinking. Many have ran more than 20 1/2, and most have run at least 1 full. They were really funny well at least sober at 5:00am

We were walking to the corrals by them (the girls with Drunk 1, 2, 3.. on shirts) and we would have guessed they had already been drinking by the way they were acting. Good to know they weren't and that they have fun meeting and running together.

I am already dreaming about what I want to dress like next year. I have had some great runs this week.

Yes, yes that hill by Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta is known as "cardiac hill".

On a different note, we were in the corral with the Drunk Girls and apparently they meet all over the US doing races and drinking. Many have ran more than 20 1/2, and most have run at least 1 full. They were really funny well at least sober at 5:00am

Wonder if the drunk girls have ever done the Medoc Marathon in France. They would probably really enjoy it considering the race gives out free samples of win e at every aid station.

We were walking to the corrals by them (the girls with Drunk 1, 2, 3.. on shirts) and we would have guessed they had already been drinking by the way they were acting. Good to know they weren't and that they have fun meeting and running together.

I am already dreaming about what I want to dress like next year. I have had some great runs this week.

I saw them too!

I know my group is pretty rowdy whether we have been drinking, or stone cold sober. We have so much fun together and this is the only time in the year we all get together like this. Sometimes, I think we might actually be more rowdy sober! :laughing:

You might also check some pictures from bib numbers similar to yours if you can't find your pictures in the lost and found section. I had a picture of someone who had bib 924, and mine was 934. They were in a hurry to get them on the web I'm sure, so there could have been some typos when categorizing them. I doubt this ladies picture will come up in the lost and found since they marked it as being me, it's too bad too because it's a cute picture!

Thank you so much for posting this!! DD and I are "perfect princesses", having done all the princess half marathons. We always get a picture in front of the castle, together. We got one last month in Disneyland when we did the Tinkerbell. I had already bought picture frames showing the pictures side by side, since we were going for the Coast to Coast. Problem was, no picture from the Princess half!!! I searched all 13,000 lost and found pictures. No picture. Read your post and took off the first number from DD's bib. There it was, our picture in front of the castle under somebody else's bib number. When we put our arms around each other, it blocked out the first number on her bib! Thank you so much for your help. That's what these boards are all about!!:yay:

Photopass photos are here. I'm off to start my Trip Report. Don't have the brightroom photos yet and probably won't get them to mid week but I have all of my other photos so I figure I can go ahead and start.

OK RunDisney vets-- how do I order on Brightroom? Is it better to do the digital package or the CD package? And once I do, am I able to take it to Walmart and print them out? I'm so confused on the wording on their website! But I really really really really like all my pics and I want them lol!!

I'm itching to do another half now..since I'm in shape and wouldn't need to do another long run! I'm so disappointed (but not surprised) that the DC Rock 'n Roll is is sold out!

don't be too sad that race sold out. I ran it last year when it was the national marathon/half (i ran the half) and honestly it was just one hot mess. first i was put in the wrong corral (which I don't understand how that happened since we had to provide proof of time to even enter the race but whatever) so there was a ton of congestion in the beginning. the course had NO mile markers - thank goodness for my garmin. the water stations were understaffed, so i had to literally stop and wait for a cup to be filled at the stops. there was also a relay, and there relay transition zones were placed in the most asinine spots so the course was very congested in the worst spots (i particularly remember trying to kick it in for the last 5K only there was no where to go.) and once you got to the finish area, it was so backlogged and took forever to get out there. my boyfriend was actually really starting to get worried what was taking so long. the worst part about all the course nonsense was that i was only 2 minutes off my PR, so who knows what would of happened if it ran smoothly.

Anyways, I'm sure rock n roll will take care of these logistical issues and it will go much more smoothly this year, but I would still prefer to play a wait-and-see game with this one.

OK RunDisney vets-- how do I order on Brightroom? Is it better to do the digital package or the CD package? And once I do, am I able to take it to Walmart and print them out? I'm so confused on the wording on their website! But I really really really really like all my pics and I want them lol!!

I've never ordered the official race pictures, but if the brightroom CD is anything like the photopass CD (or an photo cd's you purchase,) by purchasing the CD you have full rights to do what you wish with the pictures. You can print them anywhere you'd like. There should be a photo release, either as a file on the CD or a paper copy in case there is a question about the pictures when they are printed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter