Official 2010 College Football Discussion Thread

First.....Go Dawgs!!!!
Don't know what to expect this year. Just can't wait for football to start.

Second...I hate pre-season polls; they make no sense. I wish they would start the polls about the fourth or fifth game. But...they do allow for a lot of discussion.

Bring on the football!!!!

Wow Magicbus, so mysterious. Is this "your" team?:
If so, I will see your team play FSU in Tallahassee come October.
I might have an extra ticket or two.
Let me know if you're interested.
TCD
Helmets.jpg

I knew you'd get it. However, we're also big FSU fans, my wife more than I. You can tell by the photo who has the upper hand in the family. The FSU helmet is about 2 feet in diameter. We're FSU fans because one of our kids graduated from there.
Very interested in those tickets if you have 2.

To help get you ready for this year's college football season, you have two upcoming opportunities.

First, coming on tv this week is ESPN's "Alabama All Access" this Wednesday night on ESPNU at 7 p.m. Eastern. It will be on regular ESPN Thursday night at 8 p.m. Eastern. It shows "behind the scenes" for this fall practice both on the field and in meetings. The previews have been interesting (especially the meetings). The on-the-field stuff is impressive because of the terminology they use to call plays and set players in position to make plays.

Second, the authorized biographical movie on Nick Saban "Gamechanger" is coming out later this month in theatrical release to theaters in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Done in a documentary style, it shows the side of the man you probably don't know. It will also be available on DVD later this fall for those of you outside the region. Here is the link to the preview/trailer: http://flashlightmediagroup.com/sabanmovie/. It will get you in the mood for this season.

If you look at the list of theater locations, I note that it will be playing at the Wynnsong 16 there in Auburn. I have been unable to confirm the time of the private screening for the Auburn coaching staff but you can bet Coach Chiz will have his staff there with notebooks and pencils in hand. :woohoo:

Getting closer to kickoff! :cheer2:

Bama ED

I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming year. Living through the past 10 years has been very tough on the Noles. I think Ponder is the real deal and the offensive line should have a good year. Defense is and has been the question mark over the past several years and will probably take Stoops a few years to recruit and develop the talent needed. A couple of injuries and stupid decisions have already hurt the depth chart, but should be able to overcome those (Fortson being the biggest loss and am glad he is gone). I think the OU game will give us a good idea how this team will perform this year.

While I'm not overly confident we will have a great season, I LOVE college football and can't wait to Tee that Tater Up!

GO NOLES!

More lurking than posting over the hot summer months. Still around and counting down the days for football season to start. Go Tigers!!
Love college football and WDW!

lets go canes! I think Miami has a chance to win the ACC this year, with that said I wouldnt be shocked if the U beats OSU, PITT, VaTech,FSU, but drop a game to UNC, or Clemson. Miami has all the weapons on both sides to go to a BCS bowl if they can fire on all cylinders and not get caught up in the media hype.

I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming year. Living through the past 10 years has been very tough on the Noles. I think Ponder is the real deal and the offensive line should have a good year. Defense is and has been the question mark over the past several years and will probably take Stoops a few years to recruit and develop the talent needed. A couple of injuries and stupid decisions have already hurt the depth chart, but should be able to overcome those (Fortson being the biggest loss and am glad he is gone). I think the OU game will give us a good idea how this team will perform this year.

While I'm not overly confident we will have a great season, I LOVE college football and can't wait to Tee that Tater Up!

GO NOLES!

I do believe that FSU has made some steps forward and will make some major leaps in the coming years to get back to the glory days y'all once enjoyed. Good ole' Burt will be proud once again. From what I have seen of your recruiting, it is definitely on the upswing. Best of luck to y'all with Coach Fisher. We certainly did love him when he was at Auburn.

If you look at the list of theater locations, I note that it will be playing at the Wynnsong 16 there in Auburn. I have been unable to confirm the time of the private screening for the Auburn coaching staff but you can bet Coach Chiz will have his staff there with notebooks and pencils in hand. :woohoo:

Psst..that is for the people in Opelika (who spell like they do in your Athletic Office) who want to see your brand of propaganda. Saban fans run a muck over there. I see you didn't get the memo. ;)

All's right with the world. I read Jen's first post and wondered, when is she going to drop the hammer? Then read her second post and smiled. That's more like it.

Helmets.jpg

I knew you'd get it. However, we're also big FSU fans, my wife more than I. You can tell by the photo who has the upper hand in the family. The FSU helmet is about 2 feet in diameter. We're FSU fans because one of our kids graduated from there.
Very interested in those tickets if you have 2.

So, Mrs. Magicbus is an FSU fan, and you're a BC fan? Yes, you must go to the game. There is a good chance that I will have a couple of extra tickets to the game, but I won't know until game day gets closer. That is the only home game FSU has in the entire month of October, and it's also parent's weekend. If FSU plays well in September, that game will be a sell out. Which hasn't happened a whole lot in Tallahassee as of late.

GO NOLES!

I hear good things about Ponder too.

I even hear that a Heisman campaign is coming.

Is he that good?

I didn't see that last year (when he played). :confused3

lets go canes! I think Miami has a chance to win the ACC this year, with that said I wouldnt be shocked if the U beats OSU, PITT, VaTech,FSU, but drop a game to UNC, or Clemson. Miami has all the weapons on both sides to go to a BCS bowl if they can fire on all cylinders and not get caught up in the media hype.

Welcome Miami fan!

We will hear a lot from you if things go well.

And then not so much when things don't.

Your quarterback, Jacory Harris, is clearly very talented. But, also inconsistent. It will be interesting to see how he plays this year.

I hope you whoop OSU.

Good luck.

Psst..that is for the people in Opelika (who spell like they do in your Athletic Office) who want to see your brand of propaganda. Saban fans run a muck over there. I see you didn't get the memo. ;)

All's right with the world. I read Jen's first post and wondered, when is she going to drop the hammer? Then read her second post and smiled. That's more like it.

Yes. Auburn Fan v. 'Bama Fan. Nothing like it. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I love the fact that Alabama is the focus of all the media hype this year, instead of UF. Good. It is a big burden to have that target on your back every week.

TCD

thanks for the welcome, it's footbal season you will hear alot from me regardless. I have been a canes fan all my life. just a toddler durring the orange bowl win over nebraska to the probation years right on down to the latest downfall and rebuilding. Canes win or lose i still love college football.

I am also looking forward to watching the University of North Alabama Lions this year. (That's where I actually went to school). This should be another great season under Terry Bowden!!

I know former FSU star Preston Parker played for Coach Terry last year, but he has moved on. Does your team have any former Division 1 players this year?

thanks for the welcome, it's footbal season you will hear alot from me regardless. I have been a canes fan all my life. just a toddler durring the orange bowl win over nebraska to the probation years right on down to the latest downfall and rebuilding. Canes win or lose i still love college football.

Good. A real fan. So stay with us all season. Around my neck of the woods, the Miami fans came out of the woodwork after the first few weeks of the season last year talking all kinds of trash about how they should be ranked higher and would be playing for the national championship and such. Then Miami lost a couple of games and they went away. Let's see how it goes this year.

TCD

I hear good things about Ponder too.

I even hear that a Heisman campaign is coming.

Is he that good?

I didn't see that last year (when he played). :confused3

TCD

I not buying into the Heisman hype, but think he will have a good year. I was pretty impressed with him last year until he got hurt. He had over 2700 yards and 14 TD's just over 9 games last year. He had a decent QB rating and completion percentage. Remember we have had years of mediocrity at the QB position so I'm anxious to turn the page of that era.

Good. A real fan. So stay with us all season. Around my neck of the woods, the Miami fans came out of the woodwork after the first few weeks of the season last year talking all kinds of trash about how they should be ranked higher and would be playing for the national championship and such. Then Miami lost a couple of games and they went away. Let's see how it goes this year.

TCD

Growing up in your neck of the woods I know exactly what you mean. True UM fans can be hard to come by during the down years. Glad to hear we have one on this board. Welcome CANEDOGS06 and good luck this year.

side note: I think I figured out the multi-quote function so this multi-post nonsense will stop in the future. Darn rookie I am

Ya'll we COMPLETELY forgot about the Boise St.-Virginia Tech game on Labor Day. It's being played in at the Redskins park which makes it mostly a home game for Tech. Tech traditionally has a good defense and Boise lights up the scoreboard so this game will be strength-vs-strength. Anybody care to comment? I like Tech in that game. :happytv:

Bama ED

I found this on UNA's website.

Bowden announced that former Florida State wide receiver Jarmon Fortson (6-3, 221, JR) signed a scholarship with the Lions and will begin practice with the team on Saturday. Fortson started six games at Florida State last year, catching 45 passes for a career high 610 yards and four touchdowns. He was dismissed from FSU on Sunday for undisclosed violation of team rules.

Former University of Alabama defensive back Rod Woodson (5-11, 199, SO) joined the Lions for their first day of practice. A SuperPrep All-America selection before signing with Alabama, Woodson played for the Crimson Tide last season as a freshman as the Tide claimed the BCS National Championship.

Receiver Vince Jacobs, a transfer from the University of North Carolina,
makes a catch in UNA's Saturday practice session

Thanks, Carol.

That is remarkable.

I guess this is where the bad boys end up.

And old Terry has to whip them in to shape.

With that kind of talent, I would imagine that this team can put on quite a show.

Ya'll we COMPLETELY forgot about the Boise St.-Virginia Tech game on Labor Day. It's being played in at the Redskins park which makes it mostly a home game for Tech. Tech traditionally has a good defense and Boise lights up the scoreboard so this game will be strength-vs-strength. Anybody care to comment? I like Tech in that game. :happytv:

Bama ED

You are right.

I did overlook that game.

And it's a biggie.

I am rooting for Va. Tech big time.

If they don't knock off Boise State, then BS is easily going to go undefeated. They will not play another ranked team all season.

And then these undeserving nobodies will be howling about playing in the National Chompionship (misspelling intentional). ;)

Just like Cincinnati last year.

And look what happened to them.

Seriously, it really irks me when a team like Boise State from a joke conference gets ranked in the top 5 pre-season, ahead of real football teams from real conferences, all of which would pound them into the ground given the opportunity.

Go away Boise.

And take your smurf turf with you.

War damn Hokies!

TCD

Bama ED

I am having to side with TCD on this one as well. If VaTech does not put away BState quickly, it will be a long year of all of us hearing of how wonderful they are and having to painfully watch the smurf turf. That stuff hurts my eyes! (and brain, I mean, why, who thought that was a good idea?) BState doesn't really have anyone else on their schedule that they cannot beat after this, so the BCS will be as screwed up as it has been for the past 10 years. Go Hookies.
I plan on having it projected on my 14 foot Mickey ears screen for all to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter