Off site hotel recs for solo traveler

Diapercat04

Earning My Ears
Hi! I’ll be taking a solo trip to DL and am having trouble picking a hotel because I’ll be a solo female traveler and want to make sure I’m in a comfortable, clean and safe place that has someone at the front desk 24 hours for a late check in. I’m eyeballing the new Westin and Springhill suites based on TripAdvisor reviews but the cost for 3 nights adds up in comparison to what I’m used to spending off site at DW. Can anyone recommend different hotel (not motel) options? Or should I stick with my choices and pick one of those? Thanks!

I'm a solo female international traveler. I was at Disneyland in January and stayed at Tropicana Hotel. It was about 7 minutes walk from my room to the bag check security. I left the parks each night when it was dark, one night it was nearly midnight when I left and I had no issues walking across the street to my hotel.

I have previously stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and Motel 6 Maingate. When I stayed at Motel 6 I used the ART bus , as its too far for me to walk after a 14 hour park day.

I live in a high crime area, where I dont walk alone after dark , so I am very aware of my personal safety. I dont get the same anxiety and fear walking from Disney along Harbour Boulevard at 11pm as I do walking in my neighbourhood at 5pm.

I agree with BadPinkTink--the hotels/motels on Harbor that are closest to the parks would be my first choice. Easy walk and I have often walked back and forth by myself, all times of day, and felt safe as long as I'm not too far down in either direction. Anything beyond the light at Katella would be too far for me because I wouldn't be comfortable doing that walk alone after dark. I'd stick to the immediate area of the Harbor crosswalks to the resort.

If it makes a difference, I'm not young, I'm female, I'm 5'1", under 120 lbs and have no martial arts skills whatsoever, so exercising some caution seems like a good idea at this stage of the game for me. :laughing:

I would be (and have been) comfortable walking to and from the Westin at night. I've gone to and from Flemings and Puesto at Westin many times at night.

Everything on Harbor at the crosswalk are motels. I would be comfortable at many of them, but since you are asking for hotel, Westin, Hyatt House, Sprinighill Suites, and Residence Inn all meet your requirements, and I wouldn't have problems with any of them.

Tagging on here! Can anyone confirm that Anaheim Portofino has interior hallways? I'm looking at Portofino or Hyatt House. I know the Hyatt House brand, but any current thoughts on Portofino?

OP, most anything Harbor/Katella is ok for walking, even early morning and late at night. We've found that there are always a bunch of people around.

i've gone solo many times, stayed at a few different ones before but i usually go with the doubletree convention center. it's along the harbor blvd and about a 10min walk.

There's also a Courtyard (Theme Park Entrance), it's a hotel, but often fairly pricy compared to other properties a bit further away. Hojo also has interior hallways and a semi close walk.

I've stayed at Hyatt House and Residence Inn and liked those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter