October 27, 2007 - Cruising around the Moon - A Magical All Hallows Eve Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we'd share some :goodvibes before full cleaning starts. You see, one needs happy, peppy cleaning music. Especially since we're working in the FR, where the stereo is. Our 6-disc changer's current selections:
p1 Official WDW soundtrack disc 1
p2 Official WDW soundtrack disc 2
p3 Epcot Illuminations soundtrack
p4 AK soundtrack
p5 James Brickman- The Disney Collection
p6 DCL Castaway Club CD
Hit random play, and let the games begin...
How bad have you got it? :lmao: :banana:

S&C

pj , thanks,

This is giving me a chance to be creative with my DD and tech her to sew, we are making several of our dresses and costumes and her designs are very dressy.

PA disney.......we looked into staying at HERSHEy once and we thought the prices were crazy high too.

although i would love to have a chocolate spa treatment soemday!

PA Disney...okay you might have chocolate, but now that you have snow, i am no longer envious!!!

SOOOO glad to be having SUNNY weather today!

It is very nice here, but tooo cold inside, My Dh insist on air conditioner already, i have on a sweatshirt with the hod up.
I 'M GOING OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

We need the sweet smell of Hershey nearby to conteract the smell we get from the paper mill just west of town. Believe me, we get its smell far more often than we get to Hershey.
What we really enjoy, and will be doing soon, is going to the beautiful Finger Lakes :cloud9: No chocolate smells there. Just fresh air.

Sean

Well, I survived another St Paddy's Day parade! There were an estimated 50,000 people there and I believe they were all yelling at the same time! We had a fantastic time! I'll post the site with our pics on it when they update it. Now it's OFFICIALLY spring around here!pirate:

TICKER FACTORY, countdown?

When i read a post and see this, is that the correct countdown as i am reading it, OR was it the correct countdown when it was posted?

DID I SAY THAT RIGHT?

DD and i sat down and designed our pirates costumes last night, now i just have to purchase the material and get to sewing!pirate:

I think the ticker factory tickers are always current even if you go back and look at an older post since your signature changes everywhere if you make a change, not just on posts going forward.

I'm off to attempt a recipe I found for chewy granola bars since it seems Quaker stopped making ones with fruit years ago (I can only find candy versions now) and any other brands coat them with a "yogurt" substance.

If anyone has any yummy easy recipes that they love please PM me. I'm still learning this whole cooking thing and am always looking for ideas.

If you like stand up might I suggest tuning in for Christopher Titus' special on Comedy Central today (10pm Eastern). DH, bros and I went to see the end of the world tour earlier this year. and it was awesome!

TICKER FACTORY, countdown?

When i read a post and see this, is that the correct countdown as i am reading it, OR was it the correct countdown when it was posted?

DID I SAY THAT RIGHT?

I just checked our countdown, and then hit refresh. It changed, so I think it is the current amount of time.

The Bears won, and scored 6 or more goals, so its wings at Hooters time again!

Planning some summer activities together today. :bride: wants to go on a kayaking trip and do some bird watching. There are eagles nesting along the Susquehanna in the area.

Treated ourselves to some cruise planning after such productive cleaning time yesterday. Sounds like we might not do any excursions on St Martin. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the ship, and then some shopping on Front Street. It appears that there's a beach near by, too? Then we'll head back to enjoy the empty ship. Is there that much to do along Front and Back Streets in Phillipsburg?

Sean

We did some poster making tonight, we are all really enjoying this prep time to our big cruise.
My Dh wanted to know if, we can bring sand back onto the boat from CC. We have sand from several other places and he wanted to be able to join that with it!:lmao:

Well our 70 dirtbike race is history. We had 384 Men and women riding dirtbikes through the woods. Noone hurt what a great day. Both of my daughters came to help. Paula Im glad you had agood parade. Melanie how was your shower?:goodvibes :thumbsup2 ;) :) :cutie: Back to the woods tomarrow to clean up

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great St Paddy's day:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
We Went to a hockey game and then to the local Irish pub for green beer.

I was reading on another post that the travel channel is having some curise shows featuring DCL. As it happens, I do not get this channel and I was wondering if anyone could make me a VHS or DVD copy. I would gladly pay for any shipping charges. It would be awesome to see the ship before I actually get to go.
TIA
Angie:goodvibes

DD and i sat down and designed our pirates costumes last night, now i just have to purchase the material and get to sewing!pirate:

I'm hoping to do this soon also. We watched bonus material on POC DMC pirate: on Saturday and I'm feeling inspired. I also have an idea for Halloween costume that I need to research. If I follow thru with this, DH will be happy because the costumes should not take up too much space. (no, we are NOT getting them from Wicked Weasel) ;)

Off to work. The roads are completely clear of snow. Now everyone will come out of hiding and it will be a very busy day at work. :badpc:

Babs, the shower turned out very well. Thanks for asking. We had a good crowd too & my cousin got lots of good loot which is the most important thing right?

Our dinner out was good too & my brother announced that they are moving back home & he is going to law school. Yeah. :banana: They are in Chapel Hill right now & he was working on his doctorate in French. I will be very glad to have them home. The 4 of us went out after dinner to celebrate & the boys had Guiness in honor of St Patty's day. :shamrock:

I have a terrible sinus infection. I am home sick today. I ran a fever off & on all night & feel like this :sick:. At least I can catch up on the DIS today.

I was just glancing over our cruise reservation and have a question for those of you coming in the night before:

Where are you staying and how are you getting to the ship?

I ask because on other boards I’ve noticed that sometimes it makes sense for a few DISers to get together and book a larger vehicle to get from A to B.

My husband and I are scheduled to land a few minutes before midnight on Friday, October 26th and so we’ll probably stay somewhere close to the airport. For our last cruise we arrived late Friday night and stayed at the Crowne Plaza which has a free airport shuttle that we took back to the airport the morning of the cruise and hopped on the DCL bus. If it were to prove more cost effective to travel with a group we would be happy to do so provided we would still arrive at the terminal before noon. If there are others who are interested I could look into costs, etc.

I was just glancing over our cruise reservation and have a question for those of you coming in the night before:

Where are you staying and how are you getting to the ship?

I ask because on other boards I’ve noticed that sometimes it makes sense for a few DISers to get together and book a larger vehicle to get from A to B.

I knowthis will not help you, but we, DM & I, are now thinking that we will book a 14 passenager van and group up with other DISer from WDW to PC and maybe back to MCO.

I planned on 8-10 people in the van to allow for extra luggage room. I think it worked out to around $20-$25/person one way, including tip and taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter