October 27, 2007 - Cruising around the Moon - A Magical All Hallows Eve Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back and unpacked from a quick weekend at Disneyland. This was the grown-up weekend for my DH and I to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary without the kids. Our actual anniversary is 10/23, we will be celebrating it on the ship on Sunday - formal night. But we just needed to get away for a little private time (if you know what I mean :rolleyes1 - 204 square feet shared with your children doesn't give any privacy!).

We stayed at the Grand California Hotel - just love it - but we had fire alarms go off at 6:30 in morning on Sunday and had to evacuate - after a night of champagne and before coffee - didn't look too good, but then no one else did either. We never heard exactly what went on - but the fire department did bring in big fans to air out.

I loved unpacking tonight - throw it in the wash and back in the suitcase in ancitpation of the cruise!!!!!

CAN WE GO YET?pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:
That's the beauty of the kid's club!! ;) Not that I KNOW that from any type of experience of course... :rotfl2:

WE WILL BE AT MNSSHP!!!!
But kimmie if you could pm me the info again.........res # etc..........
Tonight when I get home... off to work now!! :woohoo:

Morning everyone
No lists started no packing done and don't think I'll start to about a week to go at the earlist
was at the beach yesterday with my DS and my 2 DN , we had a great time

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary and about 21 years ago at this time I was saying I DO where did the time go , got a lovely bunch of flowers this morning , DH is working all day and myself and DM are going to a fashion event this evening for the local breast cancer center

everyone have a great day
still have't got anything for T&T any ideas please

Morning everyone
No lists started no packing done and don't think I'll start to about a week to go at the earlist

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary and about 21 years ago at this time I was saying I DO where did the time go , got a lovely bunch of flowers this morning , DH is working all day and myself and DM are going to a fashion event this evening for the local breast cancer center

Happy Anniversary!!! :cheer2:

I am starting to make lists and slowing starting to pack my kids clothes. I also still need to get something for T & T. I have sent my husbands suit and shirts to the dry cleaners. So much to do! How many days now? :banana:

Morning everyone

Happy Anniversary!!!
Where does the time go? We will soon be celebrating 10 years!! You will have to tell us about the next 10 years! :thumbsup2

:bride:

T and T Ideas

A scavenger hunt. Meet in the atrium and have those who agreed to "help" "hide" in various locations throughout the ship collecting puzzle pieces or goodies from each person. The hunt will conclude at diversions where the teams will have to put together their puzzles to find out the true location on their treasure. ( it will be in the room, just hidden) what do you think. We can have teams, and since Kimmie is purchasing goodies we can just either bring our own goodie bags to add or just trinkets and such to be divided among those who participate. We would have time while the kiddo's were searching to combine all the treats. Let me know what you think. I hope I described it well, it was hard to explain on paper LOL, but it sounds fun in my little brain LOL, I did the puzzle hunt with my DH and it was a blast OOOHH, maybe we could have one large puzzle and have the teams work together to put it together....I like that idea...well what do you think???

T and T Ideas

A scavenger hunt. Meet in the atrium and have those who agreed to "help" "hide" in various locations throughout the ship collecting puzzle pieces or goodies from each person. The hunt will conclude at diversions where the teams will have to put together their puzzles to find out the true location on their treasure. ( it will be in the room, just hidden) what do you think. We can have teams, and since Kimmie is purchasing goodies we can just either bring our own goodie bags to add or just trinkets and such to be divided among those who participate. We would have time while the kiddo's were searching to combine all the treats. Let me know what you think. I hope I described it well, it was hard to explain on paper LOL, but it sounds fun in my little brain LOL, I did the puzzle hunt with my DH and it was a blast OOOHH, maybe we could have one large puzzle and have the teams work together to put it together....I like that idea...well what do you think???

I think I understand it...would this be like "The Amazing Race" where each team gets an "envelope"...reads instructions and goes to find the next clue until they reach their destination. Cool! :cool2:

YES, they would collect a puzzle piece and another clue, then once they are lead to diversions ALL the teams will work together to put the puzzle together and locate the TREASURE!!:banana:

YES, they would collect a puzzle piece and another clue, then once they are lead to diversions ALL the teams will work together to put the puzzle together and locate the TREASURE!!:banana:

Would it be better to give them treats at each location or have a giant treasure chest w/ a big gift bag for each of them???

I have bought treats and goodies I will put into a little halloween goodie bag. I believe I should have at least 30 of them. pirate:

I think either way would be fine, I really think it depends on whether everyone is making individual goodie bags or just bringing treats?? We could even do both, as they could recieve small treats along the way and then recieve a "SPECIAL" treat at the end??
It's up for discussion, and then we can make an executive decision and start organizing:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Ok fellow Moonies,This is my CONFIRMED list for our Dis' T and T Scavenger hunt!!!

1. Taylor, 8, girl, Dreamcruiser
2. Noah, 8, boy, Kimmielee
3. Tiffany, 12, girl
4. Sammy, 8
5. Derek, 6, boy
6. John, 4, boy
7. Leah, 4, girl
8. Patrick, 10, boy
9. J.T., 6, boy, tsoccer5
10. Kerry, 4, girl
11.Micheal 9 boy ,JNS
12.Caitlin, girl (turning 12 on Halloween) LoriLuvsDisney
13.Patrick "PJ" 10, boy, LoriLuvsDisney
14. Lauren 10, girl, twicks
15. M.E., 7, girl, Kchartsf
16. Tyler, 4, boy (kchartsf's nephew)
17. Alecksis 11
18. Joey 14
19. Brianne - age 10
20. Sami - age 5
21. Ethan 8, Vital
22. Grace, 7, girl, mckro
23. Evan 11, (boy)...gizimoto
24. Sydney,6
25. Tyler, 6
26, Logan, 11

Is this it??? I would like to start organizing the groups soon...

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes

T & T sounds like good fun love the idea of the the puzzle hunt

everything sounds wonderful!

we have bought random treats, from candy to pencils, to halloweenish stuff, I have not bought "treat bags" as I thought someone had volunteered those so I just bought things that could go in them... I also have some stuff that is "boy", some stuff that is "girl" and some stuff that is younger kids (pooh, etc) vs older (pirates)...

I need to pull out "the box" and go through it all =-).... with fewer kids actually signed up I might.... oh now... have too much :rotfl:

Now I just have to determine with my dd is going to wear for her halloween party at school the day we leave!!! ugh I am not tempting fate and letting her wear her costume which will, well be packed! she will go to school from 9-12 and then we are off for FL that Friday. DS will miss his party as it is at 2:30pm that day, but I think he will survive... store bought rice crispie treats or Dis Cruise.... hmm?

Can we go yet???

I have the day off tomorrow so I just might start packing or at least cleaning up "the lists", I think because of princess dresses, etc we might have to bring 2 garment bags this trip! Oh the joys of having a princess.

have a good night everyone I am off to our neighborhood association mtg *yawn*

If the following info has already been discussed, I apologize:upsidedow

Good News:cool1:

Princess Cruises Sea Princess 7AM-4PM Crown Bay Dock
Holland America Line Zuiderdam 7AM-6PM Crown Bay Dock
Disney Cruise Line Disney Magic 8am-430pm West Indian Company Dock
Royal Caribbean Explorer Of The Seas 9AM-6PM West Indian Company Dock
Royal Caribbean Mariner Of The Seas 9AM-8PM West Indian Company Dock
Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Dawn 11AM-5PM Anchorage

West Indian Company Dock is the St Thomas Pier next to Havensight Mall

I've been keeping track of different sites since the '06 Magical Cruise,:surfweb:
The actual docking info was released within the last 24 hours.

I've known for several Months that their would be 6 ships in port:eek: NOT THE TENDER

Sometimes even the Magic gets to tender from the Anchorage:headache:

Take Care to ALL,:flower3:
I'll be Lurking About:cool2:
Big15foot***
:sad2:***A Proud Member of The Compulsive Planners Disorder Club:sad2:

If the following info has already been discussed, I apologize:upsidedow

Good News:cool1:

Princess Cruises Sea Princess 7AM-4PM Crown Bay Dock
Holland America Line Zuiderdam 7AM-6PM Crown Bay Dock
Disney Cruise Line Disney Magic 8am-430pm West Indian Company Dock
Royal Caribbean Explorer Of The Seas 9AM-6PM West Indian Company Dock
Royal Caribbean Mariner Of The Seas 9AM-8PM West Indian Company Dock
Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Dawn 11AM-5PM Anchorage

I've been keeping track of different sites since the '06 Magical Cruise,:surfweb:
The actual docking info was released within the last 24 hours.

I've known for several Months that their would be 6 ships in port:eek: NOT THE TENDER

Sometimes even the Magic gets to tender from the Anchorage:headache:

Take Care to ALL,:flower3:
I'll be Lurking About:cool2:
Big15foot***
:sad2:***A Proud Member of The Compulsive Planners Disorder Club:sad2:

What port is this? If this is St Thomas, is this the peir by Havensight Mall?

Jackie

Happy Anniversary

mic-min05a.gif

Many, many more happy years together. :love:

T O T

I am bringing small reading books enough for each child at least one. i think maybe 2 since i thought there was WAY more kids when i got them. NO BIGGIE!

And i have sticker for all the kiddos and i have the large stickers for on their shirts!!!!!

I am not bagging them or any thing and i dont care what you do with them..............I think the PUZZLE thing sounds GREAT!!!!! Will you need to split the kids up in teams that have older and younger kids and will they need to be lead by any adults??????

LASTLY.........Will you PLEASE change my DD ..ALECKSIS # 17 on your list to AGE 11 she is not likeing that she will be 11 by the time the cruise comes around and i failed to put that on the sign up. Thankyou!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter