October 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy Healthy Halloween

Been a busy few days.
Thankful for an understanding karate instructor that understood DS8s trouble with one of his belt test skills was not lack of ability but a sensory problem and was willing to find an alternative test.

Thankful for the progress DD is making. We are hearing her repeat more actual words: whale, rat and here. And using uh oh and wow independently. Tonight at trunk or treat she used her speech device to say trick or treat...she also accessed different screens to tell us she saw a witch and bubbles. Technology can be a game changer and used 100% for the positive if you have the right app.

So glad it's the weekend. Even though I had Monday off it's been a long week.

We spent the day doing kitchen DIY. I started the day laying new contact paper on our cabinet shelves. DH started removing our 24 year old wallpaper while I painted over the brick which was sponge painted shortly after we moved into our house. Tomorrow we will continue, and it’s looking like it will go into next weekend as well. I’m pooped.

IMG_0395.jpeg
I love Snickers so this is accurate!

Had such a busy day yesterday, the SPCA is so full, we walked 2.5 hours along with multiple other walkers and we still had dogs left when DH and I had to leave at 1230. Luckily 2 additional walkers were coming in until 3 so they could finish up. By the end of the night I was at 7.5 miles and 18k steps, so that’s a good thing!

My daughter in law and I did a craft day at church yesterday afternoon and we made a pumpkin painting, it was relaxing!

Church this morning and watching the Eagles game now-
GO BIRDS 🦅

More baking today! I made sausage bread and my grandmother's squash bread. It's days like this I miss my dad because it would have been nice to call him and tell him that DD ate half a loaf from his mother's recipe herself! On the one hand it's loaded with sugar...but on the other lots of eggs and pumpkin so it kind of balances I guess. I was looking forward to using it for breakfast this week but there's only about three slices left. Maybe I'll make more next weekend.
Watched the season finale of Billions last night and I must say, it was really good. One of the few shows where I've been happy with how they finished all the characters' stories.

Between being in the city for work and then going down to my Sister's, in the last week I was only home Sunday so again a major disruption in my routines. I'm determined to use the new month as a marker to get back on track. I won't be doing any away from home overnights until Christmas so no excuses not to settle back in.

Got on the scale this morning and had to face up to all the recent eating... but it gives me the starting point to get going again and was exactly what I felt like it was going to be, not a pretty number but not a surprise.

So motivation for this week is to get back to basics and back on track. I want to be feeling good again.

I’m having a hard time dropping the prednisone pounds. I’m trying not to get frustrated over weight gain that was caused by a medication. I have to put it behind me. The medicine was absolutely necessary. I have to let it go and move on.

I plan on enjoying Halloween tomorrow and then getting back on track on Wednesday.

I can take the end of the month

In past years the schools have done drives to send candy to soldiers and first responders so we would send everything sticky/bad for little teeth to those drives.

The remaining candy after awhile gets split between the freezer and broken up to make cookies. And some of that cookie dough is frozen for baking later..so it's all about spreading out the usage in our house.

In regards to our leftover treats I give out chips and cookies. I am not a chip person so the leftovers are easy to avoid. Also the chips and cookies can be packed up for lunch snacks for the kids where the candy cannot.

How do I handle Halloween candy... I eat it. Even the stuff I don't like. It's not good.

Today I'm putting my candy outside the fence, so the walkers who are going by all day can enjoy it. At 4pm I'm headed downtown to walk around with the kiddos trick-or-treating and be part of the vibe. Then I'm getting a badly needed brow wax, because they've gotten very scary. In the evening I'll watch Practical Magic one more time.

Happy Halloween!

1698766330176.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter