October 2014

DH and I just booked October 25th-November 1st at AOA in a LM room!! This will be his first time staying on Disney property and our first time going just the 2 of us. So excited!! This is the first exciting week of our vacation...once we leave Disney we head off to Port Canaveral for a one week cruise. Need to find out if Magical Express will take us to Port Canaveral even if we aren't going on a Disney cruise (Carnival). Anyone know the answer to that?

We're also going the 25th through the 1st!! I can't wait! It's my first food and wine festival too. My family and I are going to book the resort this week. We are torn between the Polynesian and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. You will love AoA! Its one of our favorites!

My mother, grandmother and I will be at WDW for the first time ever October 20-25! We are beyond excited!

Checking in a day early, now October 1 -12! Southwest's fall fare sale made the flights much cheaper on the 1st :)

Changed our reservations from AOA to Pop Century to save some money and we were able to add a couple of extra days. Oct 24-26th we did as a separate room only booking and then the 26th-Nov 1st we have a magic my way pkg with free dining. Also booked an ADR at Raglan Road...never eaten there before hope its good. As for the F & W menus Id keep an eye on the Disney Food Blog. I followed them last year before we went as well as Travel with Rick on you tube. He does a review of all of the food booths and actually eats everything and gives his opinion. I had such a huge list of must eats last year and barely ate 1/4 of what I wanted to try. We did 2 days of F & W...go extremely hungry lol! Im so looking forward to going again this year :cool1:

Hey All!!!

We just bought our plane and park tickets, just trying to decide where to stay. We have it narrowed down to WL or Dolphin for the end of October (23-29th). I'm thinking WL for sure.

Do you know if or when Disney will offer room discounts past the current Oct 3rd cutoff date? I'm a Disney Visa card holder...so maybe they will get first dibs too????

I've read around past discount history from 2013-2011....and most say around July 10th? :woohoo:

I talked with Disney and they said, book now. If a discount comes out in the next couple months and you can rebook the same room for a discount. Go for it!!! They should be able to cancel your original booking well ahead of the deadline to do so.

What do you guys all think?
Thanks for your input as always.
Bfrosty

Ps. About 120 days to go!!!

Count us in! We are going 10/25-11/1, staying at SSR in a 1 BR. Can't wait for F & W Festival!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Joining in! There are 6 of us heading to SSR in a 2 bedroom from 10/18-10/25 to celebrate my daughters 5th birthday!! We have the room booked and our ADRs. Still watching airfares and planning to buy tickets from UCT soon!
We usually go a few times a year but my company was acquired so I wasn't comfortable being out of the office for any length of time so we will be back at our usual trips in 2015!

Changed our reservations from AOA to Pop Century to save some money and we were able to add a couple of extra days. Oct 24-26th we did as a separate room only booking and then the 26th-Nov 1st we have a magic my way pkg with free dining. Also booked an ADR at Raglan Road...never eaten there before hope its good. As for the F & W menus Id keep an eye on the Disney Food Blog. I followed them last year before we went as well as Travel with Rick on you tube. He does a review of all of the food booths and actually eats everything and gives his opinion. I had such a huge list of must eats last year and barely ate 1/4 of what I wanted to try. We did 2 days of F & W...go extremely hungry lol! Im so looking forward to going again this year :cool1:

Awesome. Also looking to book for Fall 2014. F&W @ Epcot :)
Did you book your flight and resort separate ? I've always booked as a package with WestJet, but curious how other Canadians have been booking their trips.
You're going to love Pop.

Just finalized all of our trip details! It will be my mom and I with my husband joining us at the beginning and end of the trip. We have had a very sad few years as a family and we are making up for it big time!! 7 weeks at WDW! Going from October 7 2014 to November 21 2014! Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, my mom's birthday and her continued fight against scleroderma and my birthday! 5 nights Beach Club club level, 1 night at the Dolphin, 9 nights Port Orleans Riverside, 6 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level, 7 nights Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club and finishing up with 17 nights at Boardwalk Inn. We've saved our butts off to do this and it will be worth every penny!
ME :dumbo: Hubby :sulley: Mom :donald:

Just finalized all of our trip details! It will be my mom and I with my husband joining us at the beginning and end of the trip. We have had a very sad few years as a family and we are making up for it big time!! 7 weeks at WDW! Going from October 7 2014 to November 21 2014! Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, my mom's birthday and her continued fight against scleroderma and my birthday! 5 nights Beach Club club level, 1 night at the Dolphin, 9 nights Port Orleans Riverside, 6 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level, 7 nights Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club and finishing up with 17 nights at Boardwalk Inn. We've saved our butts off to do this and it will be worth every penny!
ME :dumbo: Hubby :sulley: Mom :donald:

7 weeks??? SEVEN WEEKS?? I am SO freakin' jealous!!! I'm happy we're going 7 days!

I know we are very fortunate to be able to go for such a long time and stay on property the entire time. It's been a rough year and may be the last time my mom is able to make the trip so we are pulling out all the stops!

I hope you have a wonderful time and especially your mother. I cherish all of our Disney memories.

I will be there solo Oct 11 - 17th. Can't wait to stay at Little Mermaid for the first time and really looking forward to the F&W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter