Oct 20-24

abby

Abby's Mom
Last minute trip (last minute for me anyway) I've been in April and Jan, so what do I need to know,
1. Crowds, I assume sat and sun will be kinda busy, but am hoping for a slow day on Monday??????
2. Weather, what to pack?
3. staying at HOJO instead of DLR, what do I need to know about HOJO? (love DLR, but at 1/3 less, had to go off site this time)

trying to compensate for our January trip when we both got streph throat and DD 6 and I were miserable.....

Might be a little busy on the weekend, but not like summer busy- just busier then Monday. The halloween event might bring in a few people that wouldnt normally be there.

You'll want to pack to dress in layers. You'll want warmer clothes in the morning and evening. Mid day should be pretty comfortable. We went mid Oct last year. We had a couple days pushing 100 and a couple closer to high 60's and raining. You should be able to get a good idea of average temps at weather.com

No real info on Hojos. Its about 15 min. walk. I've heard good things about the restaurant in the parking lot. You will walk past a McDonalds which can make for reasonable snacks or light breakfast.

As far as weather goes, I don't think you can tell at this point. Our last trip in Feb was beautiful. Days around 80 (one day, our non DL day hit 90), with cool, but not cold evenings. :thumbsup2 :sunny: The one night I stayed for the fireworks, I brought my windbreaker. That was the only time I needed a coat. DS and DD got a little chilly though. Neighbors across the street went in mid March and got rained on 3 out of the 4 days they were in the park. :confused3

Starting in late January I went to weather.com and began looking at their 10 day forecast for Anaheim. Even then, it was about 4 or 5 days out before I felt confident about planning for our weather. I'll do the same again, starting just before Halloween. As long as it doesn't rain, I can deal with it (It isn't Orlando in August :faint: )

abby said:
3. staying at HOJO instead of DLR, what do I need to know about HOJO? (love DLR, but at 1/3 less, had to go off site this time)

Hi Abby's Mom,
We are there same time as you. 19th-27th booked it months ago with an agent here in UK, got a great rate. DLR was more than double and the HOJO got very good reviews.
Hope the weather is good for us. We know Florida temps quite well after 13 visits but 1st time to Cali.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter