Oct. 16-23, 2010 - Bring Back the Magic

Hey y'all I feel like I am finally getting back in the groove of things after our vacation. I started a new job right after we got back, plus I was working on a huge project for Sctous, so it's been a little hectic here.

We had a great time on the cruise, and have decided that we are now cruisers. We are thinking of doing a cruise that starts on the West coast next time--either Mexican Riviera or Alaska.

We did not meet a single dis-boarder, though. We missed the pre-sail meet, and admittedly we're just not the most social people in the world. I think that our next-door neighbors were dis-boarders though, because they had magnets on their door including the "Back to the Magic" logo that someone posted to this thread. I saw some of the Fish Extenders and now they make a lot more sense. I'm not sure I'd want to do them, though, what with the reports of thefts and all. Sounds like too much stress. Not what I want on my cruise. :)

We had a great family that we were table mates with, who took our boys' autism right in stride. We had a great time doing trivia things with them, and hung out all day on Castaway Cay. Our server was Toto and his assistant was Melody. Toto was great and always willing to go the extra mile for our picky eater boys. Melody was a little rough, we think she is fairly new. One night we had given Toto our order before she came around to take our drink orders.

We enjoyed watching movies (although we never had time to watch Secretariat). We found that the Buena Vista Theater's seats were too close together--hubby was complaining that whoever was sitting behind him was always kicking his seat by accident just because of the closeness. And the top row where you could have no one behind you is so close to the row in front of it that it's just uncomfortable. We also enjoyed the shows and that theater (Walt Disney Theater) was very nice. Every show was excellent.

The boys enjoyed being able to go get food whenever they wanted. The 12yo actually didn't eat much dinner a couple of nights, he'd eaten too much all day! The 17yo loved going up and getting food and bringing it back down to the room. They also both enjoyed the Edge. The 17yo did not find the teen area to have anything that really appealed to him. Oh, and the 12yo, we found out, likes to do karaoke!

Our room steward was great and we quickly learned that if we had any problems the way to get them solved was by telling him! We called maintenance to complain about a couple of the channels not getting sound. They made it sound like it was a ship-wide problem and said they were aware of it and were looking into it. Nothing happened. On the 3rd day, we finally talked to Erwin about it, and he had a technician in the room within an hour, who fixed it. It wasn't a shipwide problem, it was a problem with our individual tv and it was easy to fix. Erwin made great towel animals too. One night it was a puppy dog, another night we found a monkey hanging from the room divider curtain.

Our room was an outside stateroom with a large porthole and we loved being able to look out and see the ocean. The room was a great size except I felt rather claustrophobic in the bathrooms. I think I would have rather had one larger bathroom, we hardly ever had both in use at the same time.

As far as the ports of call I enjoyed them, but I didn't spend any time at the beaches other than Castaway Cay. I really didn't like Cozumel because I felt like people were always asking me for money in tricky ways--like when we got to the dolphin experience area there were two guys out front with parrots and lizards they were letting people hold and then it turned out they wanted $5 if you wanted to take a picture of your kids holding the animals. Not to mention how much they wanted for the pictures at the dolphin experience. Funny no one mentioned that in the reviews we read about the dolphin experience.

I really think I'd just rather be at sea most of the time. Maybe someday I can take a transatlantic cruise and have my wish. :)

Anyway maybe I'll meet some of you on our next cruise, or maybe not, but we'll be having a good time anyway!

Thanks again for all the hints, tips, and advice!

We had Toto and Melody too! DD loved Melody!

DSCN2238.jpg

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2171.jpg

Ever wonder who the people in the background of your photos are? The guy reading on the beach is Wildernessgirl's hubby.

The picture I was talking about didn't show up!

I was wondering, since I know everyone in those pictures, even the people in the background (which happens to be me & Leisha in the martini picture)

Don't you remember my husky voice when we got back to the Beach Club? :)

I woke up today sounding like you!!!! It's also 39 degrees here, I thought I lived in Florida!!!

Have a great day all.

I woke up today sounding like you!!!! It's also 39 degrees here, I thought I lived in Florida!!!

Have a great day all.

My Dad was whinning about the cold. I just laughed. It is going to be great he this week in the 70's. This is great for Nov. We will be getting to FL on Jan 12 and leaving on the 17. I will be at bay Lake. Let me know if you can come down for a few days. I will have a blender waiting. :lmao:

My Dad was whinning about the cold. I just laughed. It is going to be great he this week in the 70's. This is great for Nov. We will be getting to FL on Jan 12 and leaving on the 17. I will be at bay Lake. Let me know if you can come down for a few days. I will have a blender waiting. :lmao:

I know it's awful we are so spoiled!!!

I will let you know if I can get a few days off. I would love it. I cancelled our December trip. Thought it was too early to ask for time off!!!

I know it's awful we are so spoiled!!!

I will let you know if I can get a few days off. I would love it. I cancelled our December trip. Thought it was too early to ask for time off!!!

And we will be at BLT from 1/23 - 28, if anyone wants to meet up :rolleyes1

Unfortunately, no blender :sad2:

We had a bad storm overnight - high winds and heavy rain.Some areas further inland had snow. Lots of power outages - our town had school but my grandkids across the river had no power at their schools. Hannah spent the day with me.

Hope the baby comes soon, although I'm still liking the 17th for my grandson & DIL!!

N

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter