Oahu Summer 2018

thornton0511

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. :wave2:

We have been trying to plan for a trip to Oahu and do a split Waikiki/Aulani stay for summer 2018. Originally we were looking at staying 2 weeks with a start date on Memorial Day Weekend though early June, but due to circumstances we may need to push back to mid to late July 2018. My question is in regards to crowds and also availability, is July going to be rougher than late May- early June? My main concerns are crowds (for vacation travelers in July in general compared to earlier summer) and also DVC availability in July vs the other. We are not owners but were planning on renting through David's since we have used him in the past. I know how difficult it can be to rent points for Aulani already, but is July even tougher than earlier summer? Ideally we were going to look for a 1 bedroom any view we could get. Prepared to have to pay for ocean view and then if we were able to get a cheaper view that would just be a bonus. Would July one bedroom any view at 7 months out be more difficult that early June? Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to get my bearings on what to expect. :upsidedow

Both times that we have been to Aulani have been during the month of July, both visits included July 4th. We own DVC, but Aulani is not our home resort, as far as availability goes, I was able to book both trips exactly on the 7 month mark. We have always booked OV, so I can't speak to the availability of other views or rental. It is summer and it was busy, but we never felt that it was unbearably busy. Enjoy your trip...we are planning our trip back to Aulani as I type! :yay:

We have gone in mid June and mid July with crowd levels being the same and unable to rent points for either.

I'm curious how far out you tried to rent? What type of room and view?

We tried to rent a studio any view and one of the times I tried for a 1 bedroom. I think I was closer to the 6 month time though as that's as far out as we could plan. I've heard people seem to do better at 7 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter