November Trip Reports

I wandered over to the Grand Florida today and got a sample of the gingerbread they are using to decorate their gingerbread house. To be honest it was very dry and not much taste to it but then, they are using it for construction work. 🤔

Peach, I think you're right. I've had a piece of gingerbread in past years and was unimpressed.

Its recipe is probably optimized to hold its appearance for 60 days more than it is to taste good (and wrinkle up after a week).

Ed

Head out Thursday at 6.00 PM. 20221103_175336.jpgdid manage to catch a pretty sunset. 20221104_181506.jpg
First of many gas stops.
20221103_212957.jpg
4.29 at home for regular. First stop found for 3.99 and the further south kept getting cheaper. 1 station saw 2.99 on there sign south of Nashville.

First stop for the night rest area just north of Louisville in Indiana. Got the last spot just before midnight. didn't get picture of the trucks but did this morning. Still a little color on the tree's.

20221104_090433.jpg

Made it to my wife's brother's place Friday afternoon. Going to visit and head back out Sunday and be to the fort monday morning.
Have a nice temporary camp site.20221104_144310.jpg
Veiw out the back window
20221104_173356.jpg

Last edited:

Left Nashville in the rain and headed to Monte Eagle I know we have discussed going over it before and we are not to pray for material thing but has anyone else said a little prayer on the way up for nothing to break and for the brakes to keep working on the way down. 4-5 miles to the gallon on the way up and 99 0n the way down. 😇

Now it appears that Tropical Storm Nicole may be moving across Florida but be clearing out of the Central Florida area on Friday November 11 which is our arrival day (in the evening) at Lake Louisa SP in nearby Clermont. That's what is causing all the rain in the forecast this week that I saw (4-8 inches).

Will have to keep an eye on it. 🌦️

Bama Ed

Now it appears that Tropical Storm Nicole may be moving across Florida but be clearing out of the Central Florida area on Friday November 11 which is our arrival day (in the evening) at Lake Louisa SP in nearby Clermont. That's what is causing all the rain in the forecast this week that I saw (4-8 inches).

Bama Ed
We have been watching that same storm. Brought the emergency ponchos with us. If you run 75 down be sure and wave as you go by. We are going to move to the overflow Friday morning and head out north around noon.

Some pictures of the drive in and from my boat and monorail ride.

Citrus tower.
20221107_222109.jpg

20221107_222007.jpg20221107_221906.jpg20221107_222205.jpg
Fort wilderness sign seams a little neglected. Here's a picture from 2019 in October. Could just be the time of the year and still brought the excitement that we had made it..
Outpost-Entrance-Sign-1.jpg
20221107_183823.jpg
From the monorail you can see the Christmas tree is up and lit. But missed the picture.

And lastly the first dole whip
20221107_223533.jpg

Our group (6 campsites) is set to arrive on Friday. A friend just texted that she saw the fort is closing 9/9-9/11 for the storm, but I have not seen anything official listed on Disney's website nor have I received communication that our reservation has been changed. Anyone heard otherwise??

So far just a sign at the entrance to our loop to put away any loose items and they are monitoring the storm.

hey @JP6972,

I hope Tropical Storm Nicole lets you stay at the Fort.

But the question is does Fort Wilderness have any Christmas decorations up yet?

Not camper decorations. I mean like garland on the Trading Posts and Pioneer Hall/Trails End. Bus stops, the Settlement/Outpost Bus Depots, and the Check-in building. Is background Christmas music playing on the various porches and walkways?

May be too soon but wanted to check.

Thanks and stay dry!

Bama Ed

Bama Ed

Made some alternate plans.

Lake Louisa SP is closed starting tonight and who knows for how long?

(Nicole should pass through Thursday night/Friday morning but who know what wind damage LLSP might get and how fast they can recover.).

I made alternate plans to stay Friday night up around Tallahassee. Oh sure if I can use it, great. If I can use a portion of it, great. If I use none of it and burn it, great. It's not a lot of cash.

Main thing is I want to be able to be checking into the Fort early on Sunday morning.

Hope every Fort camper is safe between now and Sunday morning when we check in.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
A knock at our door about two hours ago, telling us a mandatory evacuation by 3:00 tomorrow, Wednesday. You can leave your camper on your site, or relocate it to the Magic Kingdom parking lot. they assigned to Port Orleans Riverside for one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter