November/December 2016 discount code watch

I've been checking the passholder discounts for quite a while, but never found any passholder or general public discounts for Wilderness Lodge for my early November dates. And the travel websites such as Orbitz, etc. all seem to be sold out completely for WL. About ready to give up and stay at a non-Disney hotel, as the regular WL rates are over $400 per night during that time. And here I thought during construction WL would be more affordable, but apparently not.

Little point in offering a discount if occupancy rates are so high that remaining inventory is minimal.

Call it what it is.. a clearance sale of the leftovers.

Full rack rate here I come. =(
You know I wouldn't really mind as much if this is what it was. It would make sense if Disney had fully booked most of the deluxe rooms and was holding a clearance sale of sorts on the few rooms left. But when I check with paying rack rate I can find all kinds of deluxe rooms, it's just when I try to add the AP discount that the hotel's are all showing No Vacancy. If you are going to give a discount than it should be a discount on any rooms that are not currently booked. Instead Disney advertises an AP discount but holds all the rooms back so in reality they are not really giving an AP discount for the deluxe hotels. When I purchased my AP the CM told me that one of the big benefits of the pass was the room discounts that I could get with it, and this was true in the early 90's, not now.

Has anyone in this group that was looking for an AP discount at a deluxe resort actually get one this week?

You know I wouldn't really mind as much if this is what it was. It would make sense if Disney had fully booked most of the deluxe rooms and was holding a clearance sale of sorts on the few rooms left. But when I check with paying rack rate I can find all kinds of deluxe rooms, it's just when I try to add the AP discount that the hotel's are all showing No Vacancy. If you are going to give a discount than it should be a discount on any rooms that are not currently booked. Instead Disney advertises an AP discount but holds all the rooms back so in reality they are not really giving an AP discount for the deluxe hotels. When I purchased my AP the CM told me that one of the big benefits of the pass was the room discounts that I could get with it, and this was true in the early 90's, not now.

Has anyone in this group that was looking for an AP discount at a deluxe resort actually get one this week?

Which dates were you finding full price availability? I've searched within 12/3- 12/12 and so much is sold out even at rack rates.

I am going in December and staying at the Grand Floridian. The only room type available my days with an AP discount was outer building, theme park view. It would have been a $1,155 increase on top of my lagoon view price. Nothing else was open. If you toggle to no discount, almost everything is open except main building suites. Even the regular 20% off for the general public has garden view, lagoon view, and outer building club level for my dates.

Disney releases a certain number of each room type for each promotion, travel agency, wholesaler, etc. Once those go, if they ever even existed, they are unfortunately gone :(

I'm staying a split stay Beach Club 12/3-5
then at Poly 12/5-12/12 and it appears outside of Club Level Lagoon view both resorts are sold out.

Trying to stay positive, I couldn't get any discount for my first two nights at the GF in November (the Holiday discount was the same as the standard rate lol). But I was able to extend my stay at the GF one more night with the AP discount for $658 CL instead of $1100, and drop a night from our Poly CL stay at $817/night. So I saved about $160 so that's something I guess.

Which dates were you finding full price availability? I've searched within 12/3- 12/12 and so much is sold out even at rack rates.
12/4-12/10 I found lots at Poly, Cont., AKL and WL. Lots of CL but at the Poly almost every catagory across the board.

12/4-12/10 I found lots at Poly, Cont., AKL and WL. Lots of CL but at the Poly almost every catagory across the board.

So odd. I deleted my cookies and used those search parameters and looked at the Poly and got "no availability" in all categories. cue Twilight Zone music.

So odd. I deleted my cookies and used those search parameters and looked at the Poly and got "no availability" in all categories. cue Twilight Zone music.
When I looked yesterday the Poly had everything except the standard CL available at rack rate.Nothing if you keyed in the AP rate. I hope you find something. On the positive side we are really looking forward to spending some time, and less money at PBR. I think it's been close to 15 years since we have been to Universal so everything will seem new to us!

I think that is true with the moderates too. POR for my dates November 13-21 has no availability for any of the discounts but if you look for a package with the same dates there are 3 room categories available. It is frustrating to see rooms available but not be able to book them. I did book a package last year before all the price increases and it works out to around the same as 15% but I can't add on an extra night without losing last years rates, so now I have to do RO for our first night. 20% instead of 15% for mods and all inventory available would have been nice.

No, and I'd be interested to hear from others on this.
Yesterday, when I checked out AP discounts for my dates, the only resort available was All Star Movies for 93.87 pn.
Today when I checked out AP discounts for my dates, the All Star offer was still up there and they also added Pop for 89.47 pn, and AKL for a mere 1427.25 per night for a 2 bedroom suite club level. >:( No thanks.

Last May when I went to Disney, even though I had an AP, I used the spring public discount for my resort because there was nothing available, AP rate wise. This Nov/Dec, I am using the holiday discount for my resort, for the same reason.
I know now, that for me, getting the AP was not worth it as far as room discounts. One time, I can see, but no AP discount twice in one year? Really disappointing. I do believe this is the last AP I will ever buy.
In my case, the perks just aren't there. I'm really glad for the holiday discount. At least it's something.

I love Disney, but when my AP expires, it might be time to consider going back to Universal. We loved our stay at RP in 2014. I get some really great email codes from Uni all the time. Disney NEVER sends me email codes. I just wish Uni had some type of Potter Express bus to get you to/from the airport. ;)

Last edited:
No, and I'd be interested to hear from others on this. Yesterday, when I checked out AP discounts for my dates, the only resort available was All Star Movies for 93.87 pn. Today when I checked out AP discounts for my dates, the All Star offer was still up there and they also added Pop for 89.47 pn,

Quick question - would you mind sharing your travel dates? I'll be buying an AP before my trip, but haven't done so yet, so site isn't letting me access AP rates online. Was hoping to check value rates for 12/11-12/15. Booked under holiday discount and just curious if AP rate is better.

Quick question - would you mind sharing your travel dates? I'll be buying an AP before my trip, but haven't done so yet, so site isn't letting me access AP rates online. Was hoping to check value rates for 12/11-12/15. Booked under holiday discount and just curious if AP rate is better.
It looks like value resorts have a 20% AP discount for Nov/Dec. You can call Disney reservations, and they will check AP availability, even if you don't yet have a pass. You can actually book the AP rate with them on the phone, if you tell them you will be purchasing an annual pass when you arrive at WDW; you can just show the pass (or they can check your MagicBand) at the front desk of the resort to confirm.

No, and I'd be interested to hear from others on this.
Yesterday, when I checked out AP discounts for my dates, the only resort available was All Star Movies for 93.87 pn.
Today when I checked out AP discounts for my dates, the All Star offer was still up there and they also added Pop for 89.47 pn, and AKL for a mere 1427.25 per night for a 2 bedroom suite club level. >:( No thanks.

Last May when I went to Disney, even though I had an AP, I used the spring public discount for my resort because there was nothing available, AP rate wise. This Nov/Dec, I am using the holiday discount for my resort, for the same reason.
I know now, that for me, getting the AP was not worth it as far as room discounts. One time, I can see, but no AP discount twice in one year? Really disappointing. I do believe this is the last AP I will ever buy.
In my case, the perks just aren't there. I'm really glad for the holiday discount. At least it's something.

I love Disney, but when my AP expires, it might be time to consider going back to Universal. We loved our stay at RP in 2014. I get some really great email codes from Uni all the time. Disney NEVER sends me email codes. I just wish Uni had some type of Potter Express bus to get you to/from the airport. ;)
My husband and I hate to drive when we are on vacation so we have been using a town car for the past few years to pick us up at the airport and bring us back. For under $100 they pick us up at baggage claim at the airport and bring us directly to our resort. We are always at our hotel within an hour of our plane touching down. The return trip they pick us up at the hotel 2 hours before our flight departs and we always have plenty of time. This year they will be shuttling us from the BWI to PBR as well. Our PBR CL price is less than half what our BWI CL price is so I think this is money well spent instead of wasting time on the ME bus.

I was able to get an AP discount, but only for one night of our stay at GF RPC (Nov. 13). The discounted rate for that one night was $658 - so it's killing me I have to pay $1100 for the other two nights. Oh well...it's something.

I'm staying a split stay Beach Club 12/3-5
then at Poly 12/5-12/12 and it appears outside of Club Level Lagoon view both resorts are sold out.
Yes. We are are at BC 12/4-12/6 and have been looking for quite a while for yacht club and NOTHING has been available at ANY rate. Makes me a bit nervous about crowds.

My husband and I hate to drive when we are on vacation so we have been using a town car for the past few years to pick us up at the airport and bring us back. For under $100 they pick us up at baggage claim at the airport and bring us directly to our resort. We are always at our hotel within an hour of our plane touching down. The return trip they pick us up at the hotel 2 hours before our flight departs and we always have plenty of time. This year they will be shuttling us from the BWI to PBR as well. Our PBR CL price is less than half what our BWI CL price is so I think this is money well spent instead of wasting time on the ME bus.

We have always found the ME fast, efficient and kinda fun!

Was hoping to check value rates for 12/11-12/15. Booked under holiday discount and just curious if AP rate is better.

As of now, AP rates for 12/11-12/15 are:
Value:
POP standard 116, standard pool view 120
All Star Movies and Sports 108 standard, preferred 120
All Star Music 120 preferred

Mod:
CBR standard 158
POR standard 166
CSR preferred 215

Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: shh

I certainly see your point. We never drive on vacation either. And in your case, what you save staying at PBR vs BWI for those extra days, would sure help with the cost of the car too. I have liked the convenience of not dealing with my luggage using ME and that there is no extra cost to use it, but unfortunately, the more I use it, there are aspects of ME that I don't like so much anymore.

We have always found the ME fast, efficient and kinda fun!

You know, I used to feel this way too. I used to love ME and thought it was fun. I still get giddy boarding the bus because we are going to Disney! :cloud9:We have used ME faithfully since its inception, but with all of its good points, (free, easy to use, no luggage hassles once you land in Orlando), my last three ME trips have been far less than magical than previous trips, especially the 2014 trip arriving at the airport in just the nick of time because three hours was not enough time to pick up all the travelers and make it to the airport with time to spare. It was stressful. :headache: These days I make sure my pick up times back to the airport are 3 hours and 15 minutes+, to help alleviate some of the stress of missing our flight. But this isn't the transpo board, so I'll button up now, ;).

We use a town car, too. I'm too impatient...I want to get to the hotel and let the magic begin!

Yep, I'm feeling this too, more and more.

So when I checked discounts today for my dates, my AP choices are the same as yesterday except that Pop is no longer available. Today my choices are still: All Star Movies 93 pn or AKL 1427 pn for 2 bedroom suite cl. Nothing in between. I will check on the discounts daily, but I'm pretty sure we will stay with the holiday discount for AKL standard. Really looking forward to staying at AKL for the first time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter