• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2022 Dining Report: Featuring Lots of BoardWalk and Riviera Eats (Completed 1/24)

Disneyhanna

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I am back from a fabulous six night trip with my mom starting on Thanksgiving Day 2022. I plan to write a full TR (at least, I took enough pictures for one) but anyone who has ready my TRs knows I'm not the fastest at updating and so I thought I better do a separate dining report while it is relevant since food changes at WDW so quickly.

I must confess, we both caught the big C for the first time following our trip, so I am sitting here pretty miserable next to a box of Kleenex. Nothing serious, but I do miss being able to breathe through my nose! I am more bummed as I am running Dopey in four weeks and this is basically peak training week, and now I am fully sidelined...better now than in January, I keep telling myself.

Anyways, on with the DR! I might go back and format this later but I am feeling lazy so nothing fancy for today. I am going to try just uploading pictures right to Disboards for this, usually I host elsewhere to get more photos per post (with higher resolution) but I keep having issues with that so 10 pictures per post it is!

We stayed 3 nights at the Dolphin and 3 nights at the Riviera, both new resorts to us. This meant lots of fun new eats for us! We usually do a mix of QS and TS, I am a foodie while my mom likes more simple cuisines, so it is always interesting finding places that have something for both of us.

Thanksgiving Day - Dinner at Trattoria Al Forno (10% AP discount)

We took the Mears Connect from MCO and were dropped of at the Dolphin about 6:40PM, and quickly checked in and headed to our room to drop off our luggage. After a few minutes of refreshing ourselves, we headed off to the Boardwalk to our 7:35PM reservation at Trattoria. There were a handful of Trattoria reservations that were showing up that night, it definitely is easy to sneak in there if you don't plan ahead, even on a holiday.

I checked into our reservation on the MDE app at 7:27 and we did not get called to be seated until 7:53. There is lots of seating around the Boardwalk and people watching to do, but I read that it is pretty common to wait well past your ADR time here. Given the holiday, no surprise to me!

The inside was much smaller than I expected, no wonder the wait can take a while! Tables are very close together.

I ordered a glass of white sangria, I'm not usually a sangria drinker but it was a warm evening so it sounded refreshing. I asked the CM what the difference between the white and red sangria was and she said "color" lol. Fair!

img_1824-jpg.724333

White Sangria - $12

Love the Mickey ears! This was very easy to drink, honestly I could not taste any alcohol so take that as you will. I'm not a big drinker in general so anything expensive is wasted on me. I thought this tasted like wine juice, or a less sweet version of Franzia moscato. Very refreshing but nothing special. I did not feel anything from this!

Neither of us were starving, so we ordered an Insalata Caprese and Lasagna al Forno to share. I must have been out of practice as I missed taking a picture of the little ciabatta rolls they bring out in a paper bag as well as the dish of olive oil with tapenade. They only brought two small rolls, which looked like nothing special, but they were actually very fresh and warm and perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. The olive oil was lovely, the tapenade didn't taste like olives to me at all (I did like it), we couldn't quite place the flavor.

IMG_1822.JPG
Insalata Caprese: House-made Burrata, Ripe Tomatoes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil - $13

The caprese was a surprise hit for us, I always like a good burrata salad but this was exceptionally fresh. The tomatoes tasted in season (no sad refrigerated tomatoes) and the burrata was so creamy. The ratio of cheese to tomato was perfect, the only thing that would make this more perfect would be a little bed of greens underneath as well. It was a good size to split between two and we ate every last bite!

IMG_1825.JPG
Lasagna al Forno: Blended Italian Cheeses, Beef, Veal, Pork, Herb Ricotta - $30

The kitchen split the lasagna for us, and judging from pictures online, they gave us each two pieces and the usual full portion size is three pieces. Very nice of them as it would be messy to share at the table. This was again a surprise hit for us. I read that the lasagna is quite popular and unique, and that proved to be true. I'd say the dominant flavor I got from the sauce was roasted red pepper! It was not spicy though, it had "zest" from the pepper but my mom finds medium salsa almost too spicy and she was fine with this, I think this was actually her favorite dinner of the trip. The lack of tomato/marinara flavor made this lasagna unique, there is a cream sauce as well and plenty of ricotta and meat inside. The filling is quite traditional, the sauce is what is so different. It was on the lighter side as there was no oily beef or layers of mozzarella like in a basic American lasagna. Neither of us were quite able to finish our portions, and we were very glad to have shared!

While the wait to be seated took a while and it did take a few minutes for our waitress to free up to take our order, once she did the service was very prompt. We got the lasagna within 20 minutes of being seated, and that includes time waiting to order and getting a drink, bread, and salad. Our waitress was good, she checked in a few times and made sure we had everything we needed.

We aren't the type to linger after a meal so we headed out by 8:35PM, and spent some time exploring the BoardWalk area resorts and their holiday displays.

The Fountain (Dolphin Hotel)

Back at the Dolphin, we stopped at the ice cream counter at the Fountain (open until 11, thankfully) for a single scoop of ice cream. You can get two flavors, so we got Minty Chip and Cookie Dough. The scoops are small but this was the perfect little dessert for us to end the evening.

IMG_1860.JPG
Single Scoop Ice Cream - $7.50

The Dolphin has a grab and go convenience store called Fuel which has a small cafe inside and they also have self-serve fro-yo priced by the pound. Toppings are packaged up to go! We did not partake on this trip, but another nice option.

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,181
I am drooling over that caprese salad-yum!! Looking forward to more reviews! 😊
It was so good! Usually I avoid ordering this around WDW as I've seen so many sad ones (looking at you, Via Napoli) but it sounded good that night and it was delicious! I'll be posting a few more later today!

BoardWalk Deli

I was up at 6:50AM to reserve Genie+, so I walked over to BoardWalk Deli to pick up some breakfast to save us some time this morning. It was maybe a 10 minute walk from our room at the Dolphin to the deli, and a lovely walk at that! Phew, it was humid though!

I mobile ordered and they definitely do take a bit of time to have your order ready, so I recommend clicking the "I'm here" well before you head over to pick up your food, since they just leave the bags on the counter. They didn't seem to announce names either which caused confusion as everyone waiting in the tiny area would have to walk up and check the receipt after a CM put a bag on the counter.

We each got the Bagel Breakfast Sandwich, and I also ordered an iced decaf caramel latte. I think the side options for the sandwich were an apple or orange, so we got one of each.

IMG_1872.JPG
Bagel Breakfast Sandwich: Cage-free Egg, Bacon, and Cheddar on a Plain Bagel served with choice of Side $8.99
Caffé Latte - $4.99

The latte was a long story, they first gave me a hot latte to which I normally would have just taken except it was a hot day, so no thanks! I awkwardly tried to get someone's attention but all of the CMs were in their own world. After a few minutes I managed to grab the attention of one and eventually they got my drink remade. The CM working the drinks came over and was like "oh, I'm sorry it didn't say iced" but then he looked at the receipt on the bag and "iced" is basically highlighted very clearly on the receipt, he was like "oh oops haha" so all good. It was probably 20 minutes from clicking I'm here to leaving with my correct order, so heads up if you're in a rush.

The latte ended up being pretty terrible, nothing like I remember from the Joffrey's lattes, darn! Very artificial and too sweet, not creamy at all.

IMG_1874.JPG

We really enjoyed the bagels, they use a real egg and the bacon was crispy. The bagel was nice and warm and soft, even after traveling back to my room with me. There wasn't any sauce but it didn't need any. It's a good sized serving, if you're a light eater you could probably split this. I'm sure New Yorkers would disagree this is a bagel, but it was a great vehicle for the eggs, cheese, and bacon! We saved the fruit for later, both the apple and orange were fine. On mobile order I could not customize to have an everything bagel sandwich with the bacon (it usually comes with sausage), perhaps if you ordered in person it would be possible.

Dino-Bite Snacks

We needed something quick before I dragged my mom onto Dinosaur for the first time (she gets motion sick easily and has skipped riding in the past, she did fine on it hooray). We grabbed a Mickey pretzel with cheese from Dino-Bite snacks by Restaurantosaurus.

IMG_1945.JPG
Mickey Pretzel with Cheese Dip - $7.49

The pretzel was as always, nothing special and even on the hard side, but wow we loved the cheese dip! It was a huge cup, and so much tastier than the plastic packages they used to give. Is this new or unique to Dino-Bites, I wonder?

Pongu Pongu

I wanted a drink to go with my lunch, and something sweet sounded good after the salty pretzel. Since we were going to Satu'li Canteen for lunch, I grabbed a Night Blossom. They have large bubble tea sized paper straws.

IMG_1959.JPG
Night Blossom - Non-Alcoholic Specialty Beverage Layers of Apple and Desert Pear Limeade topped with Boba Balls - $6.29

I've had this before, it's a nice and refreshing slushie that has enough tartness to balance the sweetness. I love the popping boba, watch out for brain freeze though!

Satu'li Canteen

My favorite and go-to QS in AK is always Satu'li. To the point where I know I'm missing out on trying other good things as I keep coming back to it. I got my usual beef bowl with Hearty Salad and Charred Green Onion Vinaigrette and my mom got a kids' meal beef bowl with salad.

IMG_1961.JPG
Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl - Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef marinated in a blend of Garlic, Herbs, Red Pepper Spice, and Red Wine Vinegar topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce $14.49
Kids' Meal Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl - Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef marinated in a blend of Garlic, Herbs, Red Pepper Spice and Red Wine Vinegar topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and served with a choice of Base and small Dasani® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk $9.79

You have the option of medium or well done beef in the adult portion, there is no option in the kids' version, though it appears we got the same beef which had a little bit of pink but not as much as in the past. I like my beef as rare as it gets! The kids' version does not come with boba or sauce, but otherwise seems to be the same, and is maybe 40-50% of the size of the adult portion. My mom got a soft drink with hers.

I think you can order an extra side of sauce at the register, but there is no option when mobile ordering. Luckily the sauce cup was large so I had plenty to share with my mom. I also added hot sauce, why not! This salad is consistently so good and incredibly fresh, and the beef portion is large and always very tender. I could eat this bowl every single day! I always get the vinaigrette, it's light and not particularly onion-y. The portion has remained pretty consistent over the years so it remains in my highly recommend list! Salad ended up being a trend for me on this trip, ha.

Beaches & Cream

We had a 6:20 reservation for Beaches & Cream, I actually was thinking it was 6:35 and happened to check my app at 6:10 and realized my mistake. We were in our room at the Dolphin so we left right away and made it to Beach Club by 6:26. I checked in at 6:23 and the table was ready at 6:24! We both got a drink because why not!

IMG_1989.JPG
Malts & Shakes: Your choice of Ice Cream topped with Whipped Cream, Sprinkles, and a Cherry $8
Frozen Sunshine: Rainbow Sherbet, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Seltzer blended to perfection topped with Whipped Cream and a Candied Orange Slice - $7.25

My mom got a vanilla malt and had no complaints, she didn't quite finish it all. I got the frozen sunshine and almost finished it! It was very light and frothy from the seltzer, like a float. This tasted like an orange creamsicle, very tasty. I ate the candies first of course! Same bubble tea sized paper straws as at Pongu Pongu.

IMG_1990.JPG
Beaches & Cream Grilled Cheese with Creamy Tomato Soup - $15

The tomato soup was very basic, creamy just like we like it (I grew up making Campbell's condensed tomato soup with milk instead of water) and a little sweet. No big chunks. Perfect for dipping.

IMG_1991.JPG
Beaches & Cream Grilled Cheese with French Fries - $15

There was so much ooey gooey cheese, plus some sort of garlic cream cheesy sauce that really made this hit the spot. Is it mind blowing and innovate? No, but it is a darn good grilled cheese! The cheese tasted like a mix of cheddar, America, and Swiss, basic but done very well.

IMG_1993.JPG

The French fries were the BEST fries I think I have ever had at WDW. Usually I'm a shoestring McDonalds fry gal, but these were a bit thicker and were fabulous. They had a super crispy exterior but soft and fluffy interior, they definitely tasted fried which is probably why they tasted so good. They could not have been fresher, I could eat plates of these fries and finished every single one, which is not something I usually do as I always leave the end pieces. I can see why people rave about this place!

We loved the atmosphere, there were two kitchen sinks ordered and the little show they do is really fun. The "A whole can?" part is so fun and when I explained to my mom the second time what everyone was saying, she was like "I hope they do it again so I can say it too!" :lovestruc

We left about 7:20, had great and speedy service, our CM was so fun and overall we really enjoyed B&C and will definitely be back. It really felt like a diner you'd go to on a beach vacation!

We did some rides at HS after this and got back to the room a little before 10. I was feeling a bit peckish so I made the Shin Ramyun I packed using hot water from the coffee maker, which I ran water through first to make sure it was relatively clean. This hit the spot, I will definitely make sure to pack some instant ramen on every trip for these moments!

IMG_2016.JPG

Saturday was our Epcot day! We always do Epcot on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, as crowds are still relatively high and Epcot is a nice place to go when the parks are busy.

Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie

We stopped for breakfast at Les Halles, and shared a quiche and strawberry tart.

I did not order the Christmas tree macarons, they didn't look too appetizing to me, I think the stick version they do sometimes is much nicer looking.

IMG_2031.JPG

The strawberry tart was pretty sad looking, it is nothing like the old version they used to sell that was full of fresh whipped cream. This was a disappointment, it wasn't bad but it was a shell of its former self. It had more of a pastry cream filling, I prefer whip cream as it is lighter and less sweet. The strawberries were also rather small and underripe.

IMG_2032.JPG
Fraises: Tart with vanilla cream topped with strawberries $6.25
Quiche Lorraine: Ham, Gruyere Quiche $7

The quiche was excellent! We got it warmed up, obviously, and this was a nice size to split between two. The cheese was nice and strong, it reminded me of Swiss, and the pastry was nice and flaky. This is a hearty little portion and it tasted freshly baked even though it was just reheated. I'm not a big quiche person but I would definitely get this again. It was sooo cheesy, just how I like it.

Joffrey's

I got another decaf iced caramel latte by the America Adventure pavilion while I waited for Regal Eagle to open to get Candlelight tickets for Simu Liu. This was a subpar latte again, ugh! Just so watery and artificially sweet, nothing like I remembered. Plus look how much they didn't fill it...

IMG_2050.JPG
Cafe Latte, around $6

Regal Eagle

This was my second time at Regal Eagle, it didn't give me a great first impression but we wanted guaranteed seating for Candlelight so I gave it another try. It was about $85 for two CP tickets, and it came with a drink, entree, and dessert. Most entrees come with a side however the salad does not. It was about 11:30 and I just did not have the appetite for a heavy meal to get more "value' out of the tickets.

My mom got the half chicken and I ordered the salad with chicken. She got onion rings for her side and the watermelon cup for dessert, while I ordered the banana pudding to try.

IMG_2052.JPG
Kansas City Smoked Half-Chicken: Slow-smoked Half-Chicken smothered with our Sweet Barbecue Sauce served with your choice of Side. $14.29
Power Greens Salad with Chicken: Mixed Greens tossed with Fresh Citrus Fruit, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, and Radishes in a Fresh Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing topped with Chilled Pulled Chicken $11.79

The watermelon was so dreadful, I can't believe they served it in the state it was in. One piece was even shriveled up! My mom liked her onion rings which had thick onions and very thin batter, and the half chicken was actually quite good. It was very juicy and had a smoky flavor, I'd compare it to rotisserie chicken. This was a huge portion, even if it looks small in the picture. The dark meat was so tender and just fell off the bone.

The salad was surprisingly good, very crisp and fresh veggies. The citrus dressing was very light, not oily at all. The chicken was cold and surprisingly flavorful, a step up from the usual chicken that is served on WDW QS salads. It was on the salty side, so be warned.

Like last time, the garlic toast was pretty dreadful. We were the second party there at opening so you'd think things would taste fresh. It's too dry, and needs more butter. Not worth wasting the room in your stomach on when there are so many other treats to eat in Epcot!

I never get soda at WDW, so I was surprised to see Sprite Zero at the soda fountain, maybe that is common now.

The banana pudding was pretty good, it was way too heavy for me to eat then but it did taste like real bananas with no artificial taste. The Nilla wafer was fresh at least!

Club Cool

Speaking of soda, we did stop at Club Cool so my mom could try the new sodas. She hated the China one, ha! We thought the Moldova soda was the best, but enjoyed the Korean and Philippines drinks as well, the watermelon is pretty sour.

IMG_2070.JPG

Reposting my review of the festival booths below:

Yukon Holiday Kitchen – Canada Pavilion

We actually got all three food items from the Canada booth, and I bought two orders of scallops since I usually like the festival scallops.

Loved the scallops, each portion came with two medium sized pieces. A good mix of sweet and savory, scallops were well cooked (could be a bit more rare) with very minimal grit. Enjoyed the chutney and parsnip silk, it paired well with the scallops. Usually I am a bit of a seafood purist and don't like too many sauces/extras, but I enjoyed dipping my scallops in the parsnip silk. Solid 4/5.

The beef bourguignon was just okay, it was soooo salty. I haven't had a lot of this dish before so I can't really compare it to anything. Lots of crunch in the veggies still which was appreciated. It may not be clear from the picture but this was a large portion and could easily be a light meal with maybe one other thing like the scallops. I'd say 3/5.

IMG_2097.JPG
Seared Scallops with Parsnip Silk, Apple Chutney and Hazelnut Croquant $6.75
Beef Bourguignon with Crushed Potatoes $6
SNICKERS-Doodle Cookie made with SNICKERS bar pieces (cookie stroll item) $3

The snickers-doodle was just so-so, like 2.5/5. It wasn't warm and the combo of cinnamon and snickers was kind of weird. The texture was good, a mix of crisp and soft cookie, but this needed to be warm to be good. It is huge and easily sharable. Wouldn't get again.

Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen – Japan Pavilion

The soba from Japan was a surprise hit, the shrimp tempura was just like what you get from AYCE sushi places, still crisp so take it out of the broth and eat it first. Soba noodles aren't my favorite type usually but I enjoyed them in this dish. The dashi broth tasted like soy-miso to me. Salty, but not any more so than your typical noodle soup. The fish cake was very thick cut and substantial. It's not a huge portion for the price but I would get this again. If you get a noodle craving, this is my festival recommendation. Solid 4/5.

IMG_2166.JPG
New Year Celebration Soba: Buckwheat Soba Noodles in a Hot Dashi Soup with Yuzu, Shrimp Tempura, Kamaboko Fish Cake and Chopped Green Onion $8.50

BoardWalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas

On our way back to the Dolphin, we walked along the BoardWalk and decided to get a snack. We got a frozen strawberry margarita (my mom's favorite drink) and an order of chips and cheese.

IMG_2169.JPG

It's fun to watch the entertainment on the BoardWalk and just hang out and enjoy the atmosphere. It was very lively, the performers all had large crowds gathered every time we passed by in the evenings.

The margarita was nice, you have to stir it as they pour the liquor in the bottom and dispense the frozen drink from a machine. We could definitely taste the tequila! It's nothing special, but hit the spot that evening. You can get a sugar or salt rim.

IMG_2170.JPG
Frozen Strawberry Margarita: Corazón Blanco Tequila and Triple Sec blended with Strawberry Purée $14.50

The chips and cheese was a huge portion, the photo doesn't do it justice. These were so good, the chips seemed to be freshly fried tortillas and were nice and thick. The cheese was actually a huge portion since the cup is really tall. We ate every single one and it was more than enough for two to share! We thought this was a great value given the size. The cheese was a little sharper than your usual plastic nacho cheese, two thumbs up from us.

IMG_2172.JPG
Nachos with Cheese Sauce $5.29

Great reviews! Dinner at Trattoria al Forno looks so good! I am a sucker for burrata so I will definitely be adding this to my list. Around what time did you line up at Regal Eagle to get the Candlelight package? Were there a lot of people waiting?

Great reviews! Dinner at Trattoria al Forno looks so good! I am a sucker for burrata so I will definitely be adding this to my list. Around what time did you line up at Regal Eagle to get the Candlelight package? Were there a lot of people waiting?
I got there 10:30 and there was one family there on the picnic tables, so I was only behind them. Others didn’t really show up til closer to 11 I think. By the time they let us in at 11:30 (they technically open at 11:45 but usually open early) there were maybe ten groups behind me? Not a ton, they did count us in line without saying anything, I imagine to make sure they had more tickets than people in line. I imagine they’d say something to the people at the back if they didn’t.

Joining in. I’m sorry you got sick after your trip!
I’m enjoying your reviews. I didn’t try much at the Festival of Holidays this year. The smell from the scallops as you pass by can be a turn off, lol 😆
Glad you liked them.
The lasagna looks like a good choice at Trattoria and the chips/cheese and margarita yum, sign me up!

Joining in. I’m sorry you got sick after your trip!
I’m enjoying your reviews. I didn’t try much at the Festival of Holidays this year. The smell from the scallops as you pass by can be a turn off, lol 😆
Glad you liked them.
The lasagna looks like a good choice at Trattoria and the chips/cheese and margarita yum, sign me up!
Welcome Caroline! I am almost fully back to normal, so it was pretty short lived. Not sure how we evaded it for so long! LOL about the scallops smell, at least I knew I was in the right place 🤣

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate! The real feel here in MN has gotten all the way down to negative 40 degrees F these past few days, I'm sick of winter already!

While it is convenient to upload pictures directly here I do not like the 10 picture limit and how poor quality the uploads are. I think I will switch back to hosting in future reports even though I always have issues with photo hosting too :laughing:

Back to the Dining Report!

On Sunday we did Magic Kingdom, it was a MVMCP day and we love going to MK on party days as the crowds are much lighter. I do NOT like Enchantment and my mom has trouble standing for more than 10-15 minutes at a time so it was no loss for us to miss the fireworks.

Fuel

We decided to do a quick breakfast at Fuel, the little cafe / convenience store at the Dolphin. I had Mickey waffles for about $9 while my mom bought a little cereal pack and milk. They do not list their food menu online, but they had a small selection of hot breakfast items including sandwiches.

IMG_2185.JPG

The waffles were under a warmer but they were still delicious, crisp on the outside with a soft and fluffy interior. I thought they were denser than I remembered.They definitely tasted like the ones on property, so no fear if you are used to Disney Mickey waffles, these are the same! I did miss my side of bacon with it though! I think they were actually hotter than the Disney ones usually are!

IMG_2187.JPG

We had an easy trip from the Dolphin to MK, using their bus (which stops at the TTC). We were able to run onto a bus that was just about ready to leave the Dolphin and so from getting on the bus to entering MK it took us about 30 minutes, not bad.

Liberty Tree Tavern

For lunch we did Liberty Tree Tavern, how could we not on a Thanksgiving trip! We don't eat very many traditional Thanksgiving foods (we actually eat Swedish potato sausage, if anyone is familiar with that) so it was nice to enjoy the holiday fare without having to cook. I had went to LTT for the first time in February this year with my friend and loved it, and thought my mom would enjoy it.

We checked in on the app and were seated within about 5 minutes, basically right on time. I had an iced tea and forgot to ask for sugar, I always forget when it's not on the table by default. My mom had a sprite. We are water drinkers so it's nice to get a fountain drink at these prix fixe meals!

Our waitress was not the greatest, she was fine at her job but she wasn't very personable. I think I have just had so many outstanding CMs at WDW over the years that I get used to it, and "regular" service feels a bit odd.

I noticed the wooden chairs are padded, thank goodness! Our salad and rolls came about 7 minutes after we were seated, I could eat 10 plates of this salad. It's very lightly dressed with a sweet vinaigrette, definitely more sweet than vinegary. Lots of fresh pepper too, simple but so light and refreshing. The rolls were definitely below average, they were a bit stale (or at least not super fresh). I don't remember them being particularly good on my first visit either. Strange, since it shouldn't be hard to keep rolls soft when you're serving so many of them.

IMG_2245.JPG

I do appreciate that they bring five rolls for two people though! :rotfl:The butter was a little too hard to spread easily, and it could have used some salt on top. But I wasn't there to eat bread, so I'll move on!

Our platter came about 15 minutes after being seated, again very quick. They bring out small portions for two, and of course you can always order more of anything you would like. Our waitress checked in maybe twice while we were eating the platter so there definitely were chances to order more, but we had plenty.

IMG_2246.JPG

My favorite is the Mac and cheese, it is so creamy and delicious. I must admit I grew up eating Velveeta or Old Country Buffet Mac and cheese, so the "gourmet" stuff with breadcrumbs doesn't do it for me. LTT is my favorite type of Mac and cheese, simple and with a thin cheese sauce, and very importantly without overcooked noodles! That is my worst complaint about most QS Mac and WDW, it is often so overcooked.

I also love the green beans, they are very crisp with a lot of garlic. The mashed potatoes (Yukon?) have skins and are also great, especially when drenched in the gravy. We used just about all of the gravy between the potatoes and meat.

We both loved the cranberries, they tasted more like a very spiced applesauce, not too chunky. The turkey and pork were surprisingly tender (they look a bit dry), they definitely both need gravy to enjoy. The pork had a bit of mushroom gravy which I think is the same gravy they use in the plant-based platter. It could have used a bit more of it but I know not everyone loves mushrooms like I do!

Though my mom loves stuffing, we rarely have it as I'm not a big fan. She really loved the stuffing at LTT, I tried a bit and was pleasantly surprised. To me it taste like those Maruchan chicken ramen seasoning packets, ha!

The pot roast was really nice as well, it had a lot of fatty beef pieces that just melt in your mouth. I'm not sure we ate even half of the meat platter, but we made a good dent in the potatoes and green beans and I finished off the macaroni.

IMG_2247.JPG

There is no salt or pepper on the table, I would have maybe liked a bit of pepper for the macaroni but I didn't feel like asking. There was a bit of a delay getting dessert, to the point where I started absentmindedly eating a second mediocre dinner roll. It finally came maybe 10-15 minutes after we were done with our main course, and it is worth the wait!

IMG_2250.JPG

The ooey gooey toffee cake is hard to describe other than vanilla, chocolate, toffee, and caramel. If you like any of those flavors you'll like this. Both times I've gotten we've gotten a small portion to share between two, I'm not sure how it works with a bigger group.

Neither of us are huge toffee fans but this is still SO delicious. We actually had it for the first time at a HEA dessert party in 2019 and were unimpressed, but the crowd sized portion must have not done it justice. When served fresh at the restaurant it is melt-in-your-mouth good, the cake actually felt a little hard at first but it did just melt, it was so delicious. I think we finished all but one bite even though we were so full. It taste mostly like vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel to me, which I have no complaints about.

Everything at LTT is very simple and classic, there aren't any adventurous seasonings and there's nothing gourmet about it, but I'd say it's a crowd pleaser and is worth trying out if you like Thanksgiving foods. It's just nice to get off your feet for a while in MK (especially on a hot day), and a lot of the food is pretty so-so in MK and I would give LTT a solid 4/5 stars. It's not something I'd need to do every trip, but I certainly would go back again!

We were so full after, but we didn't feel gross like after a greasy burger and fries. It's $39/person and with the AP discount and tip it is still under $100 for two, so not too bad for WDW prices.

Primo Piatto

We transferred to the Riviera on this day, so of course we had to check out Primo Piatto for dinner that evening before heading to HS on the Skyliner. Neither of us were that hungry, we didn't even have a snack between lunch and dinner!

My mom had the Margherita pizza while I had a kids' pasta. I will say, I think the PP menu has been pared down quite a bit since opening which is a little disappointing. There is no adult pasta anymore, which feels like an oversight.

We used mobile order and they drop the orders off on a shelf, ours was bagged up and clearly had no pizza, and it was also missing my fruit cup and drink cup! here were lots of DCP CMs standing around and they were happy to help, and they got it straightened out. I just thought it was pretty funny how whoever checked the receipt on our bag before putting it on the shelf definitely didn't look too closely...all it had was my pasta!

IMG_2338.JPG
Margherita Pizza: Fresh Artisan Hearth-baked Pizza topped with Tomato Sauce, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Fresh Mozzarella finished with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Fresh-cut Basil - $12.29

My mom loved this pizza, it was actually one of her favorite meals of the trip. It's a large individual size, I think you would need to add some sides if you were to share. I tried a slice and it was quite good, piping hot! The crust is a bit thicker and doughier than a Neapolitan, so it was quite substantial. Definitely far better than the QS pizza you get at the values and moderates.

My kids' pasta was probably one of the worst meals I've had at WDW though!

IMG_2339.JPG
Pasta with Sauce: Cavatelli Pasta and Red Sauce served with Grape Tomatoes and Fruit Cup with a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water - $7.19

The pasta was a huge portion of noodles, but I think the picture speaks for itself. Hardly any sauce, and I swear it was plain unsalted tomato sauce, not even marinara sauce. No salt, no flavor, wow this was bad! The noodles themselves weren't awful, they could have been a little more al dente but they weren't overcooked at least. I tried adding some packets of crushed peppers and parmesan but there wasn't enough sauce for that to help.

The fries were pretty subpar as well, definitely not as good as the Romano fries they serve. They were fresh at least, but on this trip I think I was on a bit of a WDW fry strike.

I did like the little fruit cup, I think they could the number of everything in it as there were exactly two blueberries, two mandarin oranges, two grapes, two apples, etc. It was very good fruit and a nice switch from those grape packets.

Not a big deal that the pasta was so bad as it was cheap and I was not hungry, but the value resorts sure do plain mediocre pasta better than this!

I do love the vibes of Primo Piatto, it was very quiet on all of our stops this trip. I think most people mobile order and eat elsewhere, or they eat in the parks. We hardly saw more than a few other people ever, and the inside seating was never more than half full even though there isn't much seating. It is a very beautiful little seating area!

IMG_2341.JPG

Kat Saka's Kettle

We did a few rides in HS that evening, and just about closed the park. It was pretty quiet, I think everyone was at Fantastic since it had just started showing again.

I wanted a quick snack so we stopped at Kat Saka's, I have SO much trouble navigating Galaxy's Edge even though I've been to it half a dozen times between WDW and DL.

IMG_2367.JPG
Outpost Popcorn Mix a colorful blend of Sweet and Spicy flavors - $6.49

I loved this popcorn the first time I had it, I will say it was probably a mistake to get it around park closing as it was on the stale side. If you get it fresh and put it in a gallon ziploc bag it will stay fresh for a few days, sadly this was pretty stale to start with. My mom did not like it, I thought she would at least like the purple popcorn as it taste like kettle corn to me. The red popcorn is lightly spicy, nowhere near flamin' hot level but more of a very mild chili spice. I do recommend it if you get it earlier in the day while it's hopefully fresher!

That's a wrap on Sunday, two more park days to report on including Topolino's Terrace dinner!

Looks like a fun day. Good to know that the Mickey waffles at Fuel are as good as those in parks. I haven't been to Liberty Tree in quite some time but I think it may be time to stop holding a grudge and give it another try. Bummer that Primo Piatto has scaled their menu back -- the pizza looks great though!

Looks like a fun day. Good to know that the Mickey waffles at Fuel are as good as those in parks. I haven't been to Liberty Tree in quite some time but I think it may be time to stop holding a grudge and give it another try. Bummer that Primo Piatto has scaled their menu back -- the pizza looks great though!
We had Mickey waffles the next day at Riviera so I can 100% confirm they are the same! I enjoy LTT, it's not particularly "special" but I find most of the MK food pretty dreadful and so it's a solid option that isn't a QS burger or chicken strips and fries. These days I value the AC and comfy seats more than anything! I didn't love the shrimp pasta that PP used to serve but I was willing to give it another chance and alas it's gone! We didn't get a chance to try the burger this trip, perhaps next time!

I love Mickey waffles except my first waffle at Crystal Palace was raw in the middle this past trip. Yuck!
My sister and I thought LTT was pretty solid and we had an exceptional waiter! He was awesome.
It’s to bad Primo is slipping, such rave reviews when it first opened. We have had that pizza at Bar Riva and it was delicious!

Enjoying your reviews. So many yummy looking things. Thanks for sharing!
It was a trip of many great eats! We always try to do more new things than repeats, since there is just so much to offer at WDW. Thanks for reading!

I love Mickey waffles except my first waffle at Crystal Palace was raw in the middle this past trip. Yuck!
My sister and I thought LTT was pretty solid and we had an exceptional waiter! He was awesome.
It’s to bad Primo is slipping, such rave reviews when it first opened. We have had that pizza at Bar Riva and it was delicious!
Oh how gross! :eek: Neither of the two LTT waiters have been that great, maybe 3rd time will be the charm! We tried Bar Riva because of you, and loved it! I had the Tuna salad I love so much and it was nice to have it plated and in the open air on such a beautiful day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter