November 2018

Angeliamc

Mouseketeer
Hello all!! I am sure this has been asked a thousand times, but i did search and couldn't find anything. I am hoping to book a trip for November 4th-10th as a celebration trip for my sons 15th birthday and my mom completing her cancer treatments (2nd time around, but good prognosis). So just a good time to get away and enjoy time together. It will be my parents my son and I. We are going to be staying onsite. We have never been this time of year and was just curious how crowds and weather typically are at this time. Any input would be great. You are all such a wealth of info and i am so thankful to have found this board! :D

That is normally a good time period for lower crowds
Hhn will be over by the time you arrive

I don’t think the darkside gets the same crowds that the motherland has during Jersey week

I bet your son will be estatic to celebrate his birthday at uo

Be sure to have it noted on your reservation

Prayers just said for your mother to have a complete victory with this medical treatment!

It is gonna be a great vacation for you and your family

One thing I can’t help you with is your question about the weather

I think it is too far out to say how the temps will be and if there will be rain

Thank you so much macraven for the info but more for the prayers for my mom, i appreciate it so so much! You are a wealth of information!!! We are lucky to have you here to help with all of our questions!

You ask and I will.....
Cancer is a sad subject but lifting others up in prayer is something I will always do.

A hedge of protection around your mother
She will come out as the winner
I just have a calm feeling that your mother will come out beating cancer.

Only thing that you will want to be aware of is that is the same time as the National AAP conference and one night AAP has IOA shut down for a private event. I will be at the conference and event but it may make finding hotels hard. As in addition to the conference it is Wine and Dine half marathon down at Disney so there may be people booking Universal area as a last resort. The fam and I are staying down on Disney property but we could have booked the Universal hotels as well through the conference. I hope this helps.

Only thing that you will want to be aware of is that is the same time as the National AAP conference and one night AAP has IOA shut down for a private event. I will be at the conference and event but it may make finding hotels hard. As in addition to the conference it is Wine and Dine half marathon down at Disney so there may be people booking Universal area as a last resort. The fam and I are staying down on Disney property but we could have booked the Universal hotels as well through the conference. I hope this helps.

Do you know which day IOA is closing early? Is the AAP conference at universal or just general Orlando?

November 3rd IOA will be closing at 7pm. The conference is at the Orlando Convention Center with events at both Universal and Disney. This is the biggest AAP meeting in the country and they are expectiong at least 10,000 attendies. I hope this information helps.

We went Jersey week two years ago and didn't find it to be too crowded. Manageable crowds, great weather (70s which might be cold is you're looking to go to Volcano Bay). We really enjoyed it. Hope you do too and hope all goes well for your mother.

November 3rd IOA will be closing at 7pm. The conference is at the Orlando Convention Center with events at both Universal and Disney. This is the biggest AAP meeting in the country and they are expectiong at least 10,000 attendies. I hope this information helps.

Is the park entry at UO and WDW free or discounted to anyone at the conference? That might push me to attend lol

macraven your words are so appreciated and really put a bright light on my day. She is a warrior! You don't know how much your message means to me. Thank you so very much.

We are going Nov 4th-10th, staying at Hard Rock. Sounds like the weather will be decent, was thinking of maybe doing VB but maybe not if it will only be in the 70's. We are from Michigan so 70 is still warm for us, but not sure a full day at the water park warm! Thanks so much for all of your responses and well wishes for my mom, I appreciate each and every one of them.

Oh boy! Now I am a bit concerned about this conference. This really is the only time we can go. Guess dealing with the crowds is better than not going. :smooth:

Peeps attending the conferences are usually tied up during the day

Not all hit the parks when their day program ends

Looks like the company has a buy out for the evening at the parks as one closes early

You should be fine doing the parks during the day

Oh boy! Now I am a bit concerned about this conference. This really is the only time we can go. Guess dealing with the crowds is better than not going. :smooth:
I would say you should be able to do fine crowds wise. It was just a matter of hotel availability and the one park closing early.

Which park is closing early on which day? When i look at the hours on Universal site it just says 9-7 for both parks for our dates of Nov 4-10. I must not be doing something right?? Thank you!

Which park is closing early on which day? When i look at the hours on Universal site it just says 9-7 for both parks for our dates of Nov 4-10. I must not be doing something right?? Thank you!
Sat November 3rd park closes to day guests at 7pm and AAP can get in starting at 7pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter