November 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch

I just checked our dates. 11/24 to 12/4 at Alamo and the rates have finally started to drop back down. Not as cheap as I booked months ago but they have the midsize SUV for 243.00 which is pretty good.

Our full size car we reserved is 211.00

Looks like the Alamo rates dropped again today. The same Midsize SUV is 231.00 for our dates now. I keep checking to see if it drops under 211.00 so far it's a no!

Hello,

I just booked Alamo for Nov 16 - 20, but I didn't see anywhere to enter a second driver when I made the reservation. Is the option available if I check in online or do we need to go to the counter for check in?

Thank you!

Just wanted to give a quick review of my Dollar rental from last week.

My car was fine and nothing unusual about the service. Thought the interior of the car could have been cleaner and the trunk stuck shut. I returned to MCO via the turnpike from the Cleremont area at 4 a.m., instead of from WDW. I actually didn't see the correct lane I was supposed to be in for one toll and by the time I realized it I was unfortunately between two concrete barricades and couldn't quickly get to the cash lane. So that happened. And I had to find gas. When I got back to MCO the attendant once again didn't even ask about a full tank, let alone a receipt to prove my "within 10 miles" of airport fill up! I'll take my chances next time and fill up tank the day before during daylight hours. I also asked the attendant how much I'l be charged for that missed toll and he asked how many? I didn't immediately understand what he was asking. I thought he was asking how many dollars and cents it was but he meant how many tolls did I go through. I said just that one, and he said you have to miss 2-3 before they even send you a bill. So stay tuned. I'll report back if they do. 4 a.m. was not pretty! But still a fine rental experience.

Just a quick review that Alamo @ MCO was a breeze to rent from. We checked in ahead of time and had the paper which permitted us to go right to our row and pick out the vehicle. Found a beautiful Dodge minivan with leather and fully appointed, only 113 miles on the odometer, which was calling our name. Return was just as easy and I forgot that they have porters standing by to ferry your bags to the airline. 7 pieces of luggage and $30 tip later and we were on our way to security. Very easy rental for us and will absolutely use Alamo again.

Just wanted to give a quick review of my Dollar rental from last week.

My car was fine and nothing unusual about the service. Thought the interior of the car could have been cleaner and the trunk stuck shut. I returned to MCO via the turnpike from the Cleremont area at 4 a.m., instead of from WDW. I actually didn't see the correct lane I was supposed to be in for one toll and by the time I realized it I was unfortunately between two concrete barricades and couldn't quickly get to the cash lane. So that happened. And I had to find gas. When I got back to MCO the attendant once again didn't even ask about a full tank, let alone a receipt to prove my "within 10 miles" of airport fill up! I'll take my chances next time and fill up tank the day before during daylight hours. I also asked the attendant how much I'l be charged for that missed toll and he asked how many? I didn't immediately understand what he was asking. I thought he was asking how many dollars and cents it was but he meant how many tolls did I go through. I said just that one, and he said you have to miss 2-3 before they even send you a bill. So stay tuned. I'll report back if they do. 4 a.m. was not pretty! But still a fine rental experience.

Almost every toll road, in my experience, has a way for you to pay unpaid tolls online. You'll need to know the date, time, car make, car model, and license plate. The latter should be on your rental receipt. The first (and only) time that I did not go online and pay for the toll, my credit card was charged by the car rental company. They charged me the cost of the toll plus a $50 service fee. I now go online and pay the toll after the date so that I can avoid the ridiculous fees.

Just a follow up, had a great experience with Alamo for my Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon weekend. Quick pick up. Lots of cars to choose from. Got a top line model Nissan Altima with leather seating, Nav, etc. Very nice car. I rent them so much I feel like it's my second car. Am in Fort Myers now for work and have two Altimas rented (one for me and one for DH since I had to drive to Hollywood Beach for a two day work conference). The $25 coupon worked with no problem.

Having a mini car rental meltdown here!

9/16/16 I booked a rental car through Hertz. I'm due to pick up the car in 9 days.

A month ago Hertz called me wanting to modify my pickup location because the location I booked has closed down. We agreed to modify the pickup location. weeks later we called the new location to verify pickup hours and they weren't sure about their thanksgiving weeks hours yet...

Tonight we learned the pickup location won't be open on our pickup day, 11/25. They just cancelled our reservation, it was their only offered solution.

So now 9 days before we leave we have no car rental reservation :( I honestly have no idea what to do now.

So I am down to $197 for a compact suv 11/25-12/1. will the rates drop any more in a week or should I go ahead with preating and online checkin?

Hello,

I just booked Alamo for Nov 16 - 20, but I didn't see anywhere to enter a second driver when I made the reservation. Is the option available if I check in online or do we need to go to the counter for check in?

Thank you!

You add the additional driver at checkin; either online, at the kiosk or at the counter.

I also asked the attendant how much I'l be charged for that missed toll and he asked how many? I didn't immediately understand what he was asking. I thought he was asking how many dollars and cents it was but he meant how many tolls did I go through. I said just that one, and he said you have to miss 2-3 before they even send you a bill. So stay tuned. I'll report back if they do.

Lol, expect a bill. He must not have been awake or just didn't care when he told you that.

I just accidentally went through one toll heading to DFW airport 2 weeks ago, the toll has already been billed to my credit card by the rental company.

Someone else I know just got hit with a 5 cent toll for using the HOV lane in California and the rental company charged them and hit them with the administration fee.

What is the closest gas station to the Orlando airport? I thought I read about one on this thread but I can't seem to find it.

What is the closest gas station to the Orlando airport? I thought I read about one on this thread but I can't seem to find it.
I recommend the Wawa station at 6500 S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822 it's just north of the airport. There are two stations a block or two closer than that one but they price gouge big time.

Yellowjj: I agree, can't believe the attendant said that??? I'm still expecting a bill in the mail, but nothing yet.

Also was hoping Dollar had any Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend deals but nothing today. They did have a sale last year so I'll look again tomorrow. My rental dates would be for March.

I fill up at one of the Disney area Gas Stations

the night before I turn in my Rental Car .. the *next* day I drive it to the Airport

and hand over the keys .. no problem.

By filling it up the Night before it is one less thing to do on my final vacation day.

my2cents

I received my $16 toll find this week in the mail! YAY! Never trust a Dollar rental car agent with a Jamaica accent that says "no problem man"!! haha
My Disney trip was basically free so I'm happy to pay it! Yes and next time.....gas up the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter