November 2015.....

We are going Thanksgiving Week 2015 from 11/20-11/29. We are doing a split stay at Poly and AKL.

Well our countdowns are ticking on down. It's hard to believe it's already been 6 months since I started planning this trip. Hopefully this thread will pick up some.:wave2:

it's already been 6 months since I started planning this trip. Hopefully this thread will pick up some.:wave2:
Here are the basics of what I'm planning. If you're on this board I'm guessing you're a Planner (with a capital P) too; I'd love to hear all of your plans so far!

Who: Myself, DH, DS now 10 (will have just turned 12 at time of trip) & DD now 7(wb 8)

When: Nov 13-20, 2015 We really liked November in 2013. We'll do 4-5 nights at WDW and 2-3 night at UOR. The kids have 1.5 days off for conferences. They're good students with excellent attendance and our school district is pretty reasonable about family vacations.

Where: I plan to rent DVC for the 1st time. We love Epcot, so initially I was thinking Boardwalk, but then I saw a bunch of mixed reviews, so I switched to hoping for Beach Club (my kids would love SAB!), but I keep hearing what rough shape BCV is in. I'm hoping the refurb will be done before our trip, but that seems risky. Of course, I can't even check availability for another 6 weeks. (At this point in the conversation DH usually starts to back away slowly :rolleyes1)

Why: This will be our 2nd big family Orlando vacation and probably our last. I went to WDW several times as tween with my parents & brothers. As an adult, I assumed the magic would be gone for me. That was until I DS, DD & I tagged along on my parents' 2011 WDW vacation. I thought I was doing it "for the kids" and didn't even try to talk DH into going. Seeing WDW through my children's eyes brought all the magic back :wizard:The kids and I had a great time, but we all agreed it would have been better with Dad. Somehow we managed to convince him to come with on an amazing week in Orlando in Nov 2013. He's not a convert by any means, but I think he had a better time than he thought he would. He hates heat, crowds, and things he perceives as "overpriced", but he also dislikes super-budget travel :confused3 so planning for him is much harder than planning for the kids. In spite of all this, I think he enjoyed watching the kids have such a great time. And Biergarten. And Duff's at Universal Studios. He really liked Duff's. So to make an already long story a bit shorter, he swore he'd never return, which of course meant I started plotting. After months of dropping hints and lots of "what ifs" he finally officially agreed to go along for a return trip next Nov. He claims he's doing to keep me happy :love: but I think he may have had a better time than he'll admit to ;)

So that's longer than I intended! Sorry! :o What are your preliminary plans and "WDW Stories"?

Plans for November 2015:
Me DH DS5 my mom and my moms parents although I'm not sure how much of the trip they will actually do. Snow birds with their own AP!

Me DH my mom and DS will start the looong 17 hour drive down on the 12th. Hopefully it won't be to bad with 3 drivers switching off. But we do plan to drive straight thru. Then the snow birds will meet us there after their much easier 1 hour drive.(I'm not jealous,promise)

We will be spend the 13th-15th at Disney World and On the 16th we will change over to the Dream for a 4 night cruise! So a 4 generation 3 birthday land and sea adventure! Do I smell a trip report title?

we were planning on staying at CSR but I knew we would continue to vacation at Disney each year so I talked my DH into DVC! We are currently in the closing process of a Bay Lake Tower contract so we will probably stay there.

We loved our late October/early November trip last year so I'm even more excited for the Christmas decorations next year.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We're about 24h away, so at least you're closer than us! I wouldn't mind driving (it would certainly save some $), but between work & school we can't spare the extra travel days.

4 generations vacationing together, that's so neat! Disney Cruise AND buying DVC?! No, I'm not jealous at all ;)

We are booked for Nov 8-14, 2015 at POR. We are a family of 5. At the time of the trip oldes DD will be 17, middle will be 15, and our baby DD will be 4. We booked POR and I really want to stay there but I am hoping for free dining so if POR doesn't offer it, we may have to move to CBR to get the free dining. I will be ok with either one but would prefer POR and of course if there happens to be no free dining then we will just stay at POR. This will be our baby's first trip. We are pretty excited about that. I haven't decided if I want to add the Christmas party to our trip yet or not but I have plenty of time to think about that. I started planning this trip back in May so I pretty much have it all planned out in my head what I want to do and where I want to eat. I just hope we can get the ADR's that we want. I do have a TA who did my booking for me and who I will let do all of the switching around for the free dining but I am wanting to do all of the ADRS and FP myself. We will start on our way exactly one year from today. We live about 12 hours away so we are leaving one day early to take our time and probably drive as far as possible and then get a room for the night. I would like to make it all the way to orlando and just get a regular room somewhere off property at a cheap rate until we check in. Any suggestions?

:yay: This will be our first trip in November. Thinking about the week before Thanksgiving. My DD(9), DS (17), DS (19) and maybe my DH. I have yet to convert him to a Disney fanatic:rolleyes1

Excited to attend MVMCP too!!!

This thread caught my eye as I'm trying to plan a nov 2015 week at Disney!

Ive read some people say there booked but hope for a better offer like FD.

If you've booked, can you then change your offer?

here in the UK you cant change your offer, im looking to book via Disney USA site, so will I be able to book a room so I know at least I have something then amend it to a better offer if one comes available?

Thanks

Now I'm booked I can get excited :dance3: and start planning - 15-24 November for me, 1 night at universal first followed by 8 nights at the Beach Club.

This thread caught my eye as I'm trying to plan a nov 2015 week at Disney!

Ive read some people say there booked but hope for a better offer like FD.

If you've booked, can you then change your offer?

here in the UK you cant change your offer, im looking to book via Disney USA site, so will I be able to book a room so I know at least I have something then amend it to a better offer if one comes available?

Thanks

Yes you can :goodvibes I'm from the UK too and have booked my rooms this way before, the only thing to be a little cautious is sometimes there are black out dates which mean no discounts, I got stung by that before.

Now I'm booked I can get excited :dance3: and start planning - 15-24 November for me, 1 night at universal first followed by 8 nights at the Beach Club.

Yes you can :goodvibes I'm from the UK too and have booked my rooms this way before, the only thing to be a little cautious is sometimes there are black out dates which mean no discounts, I got stung by that before.

I think that even if FD had blackout dates, there was a room only discount still available. That happened to us in early November 2013. FD is much better for us but at least we saved some cash on our room:)

Good morning to all of you Nov. 2015 planners. :goodvibes

We are all under a year now!!! :banana:

Joinin in...

Who: Me, H, DD (9), DD (6), DD (3)

When: Nov 5-7. This is our "usual" vacation week (Jersey Week) but this isn't our real vacation. Prior to our arrival in Orlando we will be spending 5 glorious days relaxing on the beach in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We are having a surprise stop over in Disney on the way home to surprise our girls.

Where: Deluxe Studio at the Wilderness Lodge. This is our first time renting DVC points and so far it's going smoothly. We rented from an owner, not a broker, so we are paying LESS to stay at the WL then we would have paid at POR or CBR. I am so glad I realized the studios sleep 5. This might be our new go-to resort, especially after the pool refurb. I know my younger girls are going to LOVE the splash pad area.

Why: Because I have an addiction. LOL. Just take a look in my signature. If we lived closer than a 19hr drive we would go MUCH more often. I only wish I discovered my love for Disney earlier:rotfl:

Joinin in...

Who: Me, H, DD (9), DD (6), DD (3)

When: Nov 5-7. This is our "usual" vacation week (Jersey Week) but this isn't our real vacation. Prior to our arrival in Orlando we will be spending 5 glorious days relaxing on the beach in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We are having a surprise stop over in Disney on the way home to surprise our girls.

Where: Deluxe Studio at the Wilderness Lodge. This is our first time renting DVC points and so far it's going smoothly. We rented from an owner, not a broker, so we are paying LESS to stay at the WL then we would have paid at POR or CBR. I am so glad I realized the studios sleep 5. This might be our new go-to resort, especially after the pool refurb. I know my younger girls are going to LOVE the splash pad area.

Why: Because I have an addiction. LOL. Just take a look in my signature. If we lived closer than a 19hr drive we would go MUCH more often. I only wish I discovered my love for Disney earlier:rotfl:

You and our family are going to love the WL. Its where we always stay. :lovestruc

We are booked at BCV from November 25th-28th. It will be our first time as DVC members and we will be celebrating my son's 14th birthday. Oh..the kids (DD age 10 and DS age 13) don't know we are going. ;)

Good morning ya'll! :goodvibes

Do ya'll ever waver on your resort choice? Hubby and I always stay at the WL. We absolutely love the way we feel when we walk through those double doors. But it seems that every trip we go back and forth with the WL and AK. It drives me crazy. :rotfl: I have even moved our reservation between the two in the past. But the WL has become our home away from home. We are booked at the WL now and will stay booked there. But there is still that part of me that wants to actually stay at the AK and not just visit there. We may eventually try a split stay between the two.

So... Anyone else deal with this?

My DH and I just returned from our Nov 2014 trip, after a 15 year hiatus!! For Christmas, he gave me a gift card to book another trip, so we decided on the same time in November!! I heard from many different people and CMs that it was more crowded at this time of year than in past years, but to me, it didn't seem too bad. We're currently booked at Pop Century, but I'm hoping to change to CBR as a surprise for my husband, as that's where we honeymooned. Plus, we'd hopefully be able to get free dining instead of having to upgrade from the free quick service plan (if it gets offered) at Pop. Only 300 days to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter