~Nothing ever goes right but who cares!?~ TR Completed!!

Hey can't wait to read more!!! How did you like staying at AKV? We are staying there in May for our 1 year anniversary and can't wait.

Hey lynn! Thanks for coming! You were one of the first wedding TR i'd read. I was a silent lurker. Your wedding to Tim was so pretty! We absolutly LOVED the AKV. We didn't want to leave! As you'll see once i get back into writing my TR the last day was very hard for me... i needed an "i'm leaving disney" support group! :rotfl: One of the best things was getting something to drink at Victoria falls and then sitting by the fire inside. There is a cool plaque on the floor by the fire that has an african fable on it. I wouldn't have even noticed it but i moved the chair i was in closer to the fire and looked down and there it was. DF and I sat there many nights.:goodvibes Make sure you get a SV! So cool waking up to animals everyday. :thumbsup2
As far as a Disney wedding goes i'm not sure. We keep going back and forth with whether we should do a small destination wedding of some kind like disney and then have a reception party for friends and family after, or if we should do the normal wedding and reception here with friends and family and then just do a disneymoon. We are going to go take a look at a few venues that can cater to a small wedding.... i'll keep you guys posted!

Hello fellow New Englander! Just read your trip report and congrats on the engagement. We honeymooned in Disney (it was DH's first trip) and we had the time of our life.

Planning for the wedding is fun, but the honeymoon is even better:thumbsup2

Oh a new englander!!! :banana: Welcome!! Did you get any snow yesterday or was that just us up north? Its so cold this morning! I almost slipped coming down my stairs this morning:laughing:

I am in agreement that planning a wedding will be fun but i'm more excited about the honeymoon. :cloud9: We've always wanted to see the dueling pianos at jelly rolls and swim with the dolphins at the living seas and go horse back riding at FW. I think a honeymoon in disney would be the perfect time to do that stuff. I was looking into the disneymoon registry and since me and DF have lived together for over 2 years now and pretty much have everything we'd need for a house we should just let people give the gift of disney stuff! :woohoo: Can't wait to plan its my drug of choice!!:rotfl2:

What an awesome romantic proposal!! This is definitely a story to tell your children and grandchildren someday :love:

welcome to all those who've joined! I'm glad you're here! The next installment of my report is in the works and i hope to have it up ASAP. Since my latest dentist appointment i've had to go back three times for them to try and heal the dry socket... and i have another appointment on wend. Such a time consumer! don't these doctors know i have a TR to write?!

What a great way to get engaged. Boo to the guy who spilled the beans. Hope your socket heals soon. At least he didn't break your jaw like mine was. Can't wait for more. Oh love AKL but after staying in WL gotta say oh ya. You have to try it.

Just got back from the dentist... and no more dry sockets!!! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: I'm so excited! I'm almost all better!!! The only thing left is healing. I'm so glad i don't have to go back to the dentist. The secritary was starting to get to know me which is never a good thing! :rotfl: I'll be back to writing the rest of my TR in no time!

Just got back from the dentist... and no more dry sockets!!! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: I'm so excited! I'm almost all better!!! The only thing left is healing. I'm so glad i don't have to go back to the dentist. The secritary was starting to get to know me which is never a good thing! :rotfl: I'll be back to writing the rest of my TR in no time!
Yay!! I'm so happy you feel better!

I remember when my best friend got her wisdom teeth pulled and had dry sockets- she was a mess for the longest time.

Now, go get writing that TR, girl! :thumbsup2

Yay!! I'm so happy you feel better!

I remember when my best friend got her wisdom teeth pulled and had dry sockets- she was a mess for the longest time.

Now, go get writing that TR, girl! :thumbsup2

I'm going i'm going! :laughing: I'm half way done with the next installment. To give a little preview, we went to AK and had a crazy waiter...:rolleyes1

Oh a new englander!!! :banana: Welcome!! Did you get any snow yesterday or was that just us up north? Its so cold this morning! I almost slipped coming down my stairs this morning:laughing:

I am in agreement that planning a wedding will be fun but i'm more excited about the honeymoon. :cloud9: We've always wanted to see the dueling pianos at jelly rolls and swim with the dolphins at the living seas and go horse back riding at FW. I think a honeymoon in disney would be the perfect time to do that stuff. I was looking into the disneymoon registry and since me and DF have lived together for over 2 years now and pretty much have everything we'd need for a house we should just let people give the gift of disney stuff! :woohoo: Can't wait to plan its my drug of choice!!:rotfl2:

Hello we had a little snow on Sunday and today is just lots and lots of rain. Is there snow there now? We are heading up to Maine tomorrow night and then going to Santa's Village on Saturday.

Can't wait to read more!!!!

really quick post from work.... NH had a really bad ice storm on thursday and half the state still doesn't have power. we are lucky and have power but the cable and internet still hasn't been fixed. I promise i'm not slacking on my TR I just can't post it from my home computer. Bummer! Miss you guys! Talk soon!

hey there katie!:hug:
I'm still here- only checking in every few days on the boards. Been a crazy few weeks.

Hope you are all better now ---- I'm ready for more of your TR.:)
(I'm one to talk- I haven't done mine in a month...:rotfl: )

Have a good day and stay warm!:goodvibes

Jo

Hey katie- we only got snow this time, but I already did my time with the ice storm of 1998- so I've paid my dues.
Thanks for keeping us updated when you can. :hug:

really quick post from work.... NH had a really bad ice storm on thursday and half the state still doesn't have power. we are lucky and have power but the cable and internet still hasn't been fixed. I promise i'm not slacking on my TR I just can't post it from my home computer. Bummer! Miss you guys! Talk soon!

I couldn't believe how everything in NH was covered in ice. Santa's Village was freezing cold but we had fun. Luckily we had power at our house in ME, since that would have been no fun.

Can't wait to hear more! Hopefully everything gets restored soon.

Ok girls, here is the next installment of my TR… FINALLY!
November 5th… the day after the engagement.
I woke up kind of late for me… 7:30… and jumped into the shower. Today was AK day! I was so psyched about everything, pretty much life in general made me happy that day. I was washing my hair in the shower and got some shampoo in my eyes. I wiped the soap out and looked down at my left had and caught my first glimpse of my ring since the day before. I just sobbed.:lovestruc (I’m a sap and a half) I got out and got dressed. Adam woke up and got ready and asked where we were going today. I told him we were off to the AK. The year before we had breakfast at the AK at pizzafari. The place was practically empty and I LOVED the breakfast pizza. So we decided to go to there again for breakfast. We left at 8 for the bus. We got there and realized I was wrong about what time it opened and that we were there about 45 mins early. Oops. So we poked around the rain forest café gift shop and waited for the gates to open. While in the gift shop I noticed that there was a turnstile at the back where there was an attendant standing. Once we heard the rope drop show starting I mentioned to adam that I thought we might be able to beat the line and get in through the gift shop. So we tried it and voila! We were in like VIPs! :thumbsup2 We beat everyone else coming in through the main gate! We stood on the bridge leading into the oasis and watched the rest of rope drop. (which was a pleasant surprise) We went right into pizzafari and got breakfast. Again no one was in there and we could relax and plan our plan of attack without the craziness outside.
After breakfast we decided to head over to EE and get a FP. We hit the FP kiosk and then notice that our FP time is for twenty mins from now. So we walked over to the ride enterence and see only a 10 min wait!!!:woohoo: Holy Moley! We got in the stand-by line and got right on, got off and got right back on with our FP. It was awesome! We love that ride!
22251000913_0_ALB-1.jpg

After two rides on EE we headed over to the KS. The line for that was 30 mins so we got a FP and decided to walk through the jungle trekk. We had never done this before and were pleasantly surprised at how cool it was. Check out these tiger pictures!!!
13251000913_0_ALB.jpg

42251000913_0_ALB-1.jpg

62251000913_0_ALB.jpg

82251000913_0_ALB.jpg

We spent so much time in there we almost missed out on our FP for KS. We got on our truck for the safari. It was awesome I was so excited that I forgot to get out the camera and take pictures! Anyway the coolest thing about the safari was when the guide told us that she couldn’t find the rhino. Apparently he wasn’t where he was supposed to be. So we continued on and after taking a corner the guide says “oh… ok.. um please don’t make any loud noises, we’ve found the rhino.” I looked to my right and saw the very large butt of the rhino so close I could’ve touched it! :eek: We drove past without any problems and the guide said “yea um he’s been chasing the trucks the past few days so sorry about that folks he just makes me nervouse! “ It was pretty cool! After the safari we headed over to dinosaur! Love that ride too, its so crazy and you always feel like somone beat you up when you leave the ride, but its totally worth it! We got a FP and then decided we wanted a snack. We headed over to Dinoland USA and saw a little place to get snacks and decided to get a cookie ice cream sandwich. OMG we could’ve shared one! It was huge! And we got one each! DELICIOUSE! Insanely bad for you but sooooo good! We headed back to dinosaur! And screamed out heads off at the scarey carnitor! So much fun! After Dinosaur we went over to “its tough to be a bug”. The show was going well until the spiders came down from the ceiling and scared the poor little girl next to us. She started crying and had to leave… I felt so bad. Then the bees came out and I didn’t get stung but adam sure did… he jumped a mile! So I asked him if he wanted to me to take him out too… he laughed and said “no I think I’ll be alright!” we didn’t stop laughing. After “its tough to be a bug” we decided it was time to go… but not before one more ride on EE. Yup three times! After EE we headed back to the bus. It was about 2pm so we decided to head over to the boardwalk.

I’m going to stop here for now. Next up is the crazy waiter at Big River, Boardwalk/beach club/yachet club exploration and HS.

hey there katie!:hug:
I'm still here- only checking in every few days on the boards. Been a crazy few weeks.

Hope you are all better now ---- I'm ready for more of your TR.:)
(I'm one to talk- I haven't done mine in a month...:rotfl: )

Have a good day and stay warm!:goodvibes

Jo

JO!!!

i miss you and our other Nov 08 friends! I need more of your TR soon girlfriend!

I'm much better now thank you!:banana: keep in touch during this crazy time of year!
:upsidedow

I couldn't believe how everything in NH was covered in ice. Santa's Village was freezing cold but we had fun. Luckily we had power at our house in ME, since that would have been no fun.

Can't wait to hear more! Hopefully everything gets restored soon.

thanks miprender! thankfully everything is restored for now. Who knows what is going to happen tomorrow though... we're supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow. :scared1:

All the schools in RI are closed and we are getting about 10".

That's funny about the little girl because both my kids freaked out on Its tough to be a bug too. Luckily they were sitting on our laps when the bee stung everyone or that would have put them over the edge:rotfl:

All the schools in RI are closed and we are getting about 10".

That's funny about the little girl because both my kids freaked out on Its tough to be a bug too. Luckily they were sitting on our laps when the bee stung everyone or that would have put them over the edge:rotfl:

they're saying seabrook is going to get anywhere from 7-12 inches... i'm going to try and sneak out of work early. I can just tell the commute is going to be awesome! :rolleyes: All the schools in NH and MA are either closing early or completely.

Its tough to be a bug definatly is scarey. i got scared the first time and i was 13. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter