Noro!

61maris61

Mouseketeer
I hope the recent news of Noro Virus on Explorer of the Seas doesn't discourage anyone from sailing with them. Noro can strike anywhere on any cruise line (and has!). Myself, DW and our 4 yr old DGD all caught Noro on our October Disney Wonder cruise. I don't blame Disney (DGD got it first, and probably picked it up on the airplane flight). But on that cruise we also saw three families who were told to take their diaper-clad infants out of the kid's pool. One family complied, the others took the kids aside, took their diapers off, and brought them back to the pool! Can't blame Disney, or any cruise line, for ignorant people.

Every cruise line we've sailed goes overboard on cleaning and sanitizing. Unfortunately, Noro can hit anywhere, and, yes, it can spread more quickly when you're in the company of the same 2500 or so people for several days, but blame the cruise lines for it. They truly do ALL they can to prevent it.

I agree. My daughter got it 2nd to last day on ou Disney Fantasy cruise. When we got home, we found out a few other kids/families from our Cruise Meet also got it. It's just like when kids go to school. If there's a virus, they pretty much pass it onto each other.

I actually got Noro/serious stomach flu on a solo week at WDW years ago. It was day 4. Too sick to make to to Centracare the nice folks at Riverside had a doctor visit my room. He told me there were lots of people sick-happens every winter. Pharmacy magically arrived in my room.

2 days later I realized I would live.

The good news? The two days I had been so sick it had poured down rain anyway.

Whew----can happen anywhere!

We just got home yesterday from our cruise on the Grandeur, and were in port at San Juan with the Explorer. We saw them again at St Thomas, but by then the CDC had boarded and all bets were off. Since that stuff spreads so quickly and easily, we were most cautious about contact with the folks from the Explorer.

I hope the passengers had insurance or got some compensation ... I don't know how that works. I ALWAYS take the insurance just in case!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter