• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non-Transfer Wheelchair Attractions

stephtron312

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I'm going down to WDW in November for a big family reunion. One member of our party is in a wheelchair and she is non-transferable (can't leave the wheelchair to get onto the ride). What attractions offer non-transfer vehicles?

I know about ten years ago when we took my grandmother she was able to go on Small World because it had a special boat that we could just wheel her onto. I scoured the forums but didn't find anything so thought I'd start a new thread. Any info or tips would be super appreciated thanks!

Last edited:
There are tons of attractions where she can remain in her wheelchair.

Magic Kingdom
: Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Riverboat, PhilharMagic, Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor
Epcot: Nemo, Figment, Reflections of China, American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada!
Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, Muppets, One Man's Dream, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic!, Star Wars Launch Bay
Animal Kingdom: animal trails, Tough to be a Bug, Lion King, Finding Nemo- the Musical, Wildlife Express Train

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobility-disabilities/

Last edited:
There are tons of rides where she can remain in her wheelchair.

Magic Kingdom
: Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents, Riverboat, PhilharMagic, Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor
Epcot: Nemo, Figment, Reflections of China, American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada!
Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, Muppets, One Man's Dream, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic!, Star Wars Launch Bay
Animal Kingdom: animal trails, Tough to be a Bug, Lion King, Finding Nemo- the Musical, Wildlife Express Train

in this case, there are tons of attractions, since most of your list is not actually rides.

There are tons of attractions where she can remain in her wheelchair.

Magic Kingdom

Thank you! I was worried we'd have to be leaving her out of a lot but I see that won't be the case! This was very helpful!

I think the Land and Donald's Gran Fiesta boats also have some boats that a wheelchair can load onto. I'd suggest you go to the DISabilities forum here on the DISboards for the most comprehensive and accurate information from those who are in the know.

I think the Land and Donald's Gran Fiesta boats also have some boats that a wheelchair can load onto.
You're right. There's a list of attractions on which guests must transfer to a wheelchair provided by the attraction in the link I posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter